Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pancakes

Options
  • 15-02-2010 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Where in Dublin sell the best pancakes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Superquinn or make your own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Slunk wrote: »
    Superquinn or make your own

Can you not read? The OP specifically asked for somewhere that sells pancakes. I'm sure he/she is already well aware of the 'make your own' option.

OP, M&S have some yummy looking fresh made pancakes to buy in store and Lemon at the Nassau St. end of Dawson St serve delicious sweet and savoury crepes (coffees good too) HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭radiofreak

Superquinn all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

a place called lemon which is just on south william street, delicious crepes and waffles as well as very decent coffee, thoroughly reccomended

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Faffies on Kevin St.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

VW 1 wrote: »
    a place called lemon which is just on south william street, delicious crepes and waffles as well as very decent coffee, thoroughly reccomended

Lemon are also on Dawson Street. Bigger premises, easier to get a seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

humberklog wrote: »
    Faffies on Kevin St.
    +1 for fafies,
    proper french crepes, you can get a full crepe dinner in there (and tasty wine/coffee) mmmm will have to visit again soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I can believe I've forgotten the name of it as I go in there all the time,but its the cafe directly across from Cactus Jacks in the Italian quarter!
    They have the yummiest pancakes (and barstaff) in Dublin!

Lemon Jelly,thats its name!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Supposely they're decent and it's for chairty, FM104 are selling pancakes at Clerys on O'Connell St for €3 with all the money going to FM104 "Help a Dublin Child Appeal", very good cause. All part of the 104 hour challenge.

http://www.fm104.ie/utilities/content_page.aspx?id=2210

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭beng128

panda100 wrote: »
    I can believe I've forgotten the name of it as I go in there all the time,but its the cafe directly across from Cactus Jacks in the Italian quarter!
    They have the yummiest pancakes (and barstaff) in Dublin!

Lemon Jelly,thats its name!

Sorry to go completly off topic but since when does Dublin have an italian quarter, if there is one, where is it? I've lived off christchurch for about 5 years and i've never heard of it.
    Again sorry for the off topicness.

PS. Happy pancake day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

beng128 wrote: »
    Sorry to go completly off topic but since when does Dublin have an italian quarter, if there is one, where is it? I've lived off christchurch for about 5 years and i've never heard of it.
    Again sorry for the off topicness.

PS. Happy pancake day

It's that little strip between the Jervis Street LUAS stop and the river. I think it's called Bloom's Lane.

More of an Italian Sixteenth than a Quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭beng128

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    It's that little strip between the Jervis Street LUAS stop and the river. I think it's called Bloom's Lane.

More of an Italian Sixteenth than a Quarter.

Haha yeah i know it now, definatly a sixteenth.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

beng128 wrote: »
    Haha yeah i know it now, definatly a sixteenth.

Thanks

Yep its small but I still love the continental vibe around there. The wine bars are my favourite place to meet up with friends.
    Still dont understand how Buddabags is still open though. Thought it was gonna be a goner with the recession but obviously theres still a market for extortinately overpriced bean bags! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Hi sorry to revive a cold thread, but I have been on a desperate search for pancakes...big, fluffy American-style pancakes with lashings of butter and maple syrup. I went to brunch today, ordered pancakes, and got crepes with maple syrup. :( Do any of the above mentioned places do fluffy pancakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

+1 on Faffies. It's amazing! :D

I don't know anywhere that does fluffly pancakes, sorry. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

McDonalds do really nice pancakes in the mornings actually, come with sausages or syrup

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Yeahm didn't think of them, probably cause I don't like sausages or syrup.

Nothing nicer than a stack of blueberry pancakes though, piled high and covered in blueberry... stuff and lashings of cream!

I need to go make some now. :(

Advertisement