Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

student photographer

• 15-02-2010 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

hi everyone!
    Any student photographers like to do my wedding next may for their portfolio? its a toss between having no photos or have a student do it!
    MAY 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

How much are you prepared to pay ?

By student I assume you mean amateur?

I'm sure a few amateur photographers would do it for feck all (or free) for the experience. I know I would. You'd need to have more than one though. That way if someone makes a jock of it, then you still have at least one guy to fall back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭bubbles747

KKV thank you for your advice, i will look for 2 students, some photos are better than none at all because theres no way i can afford a professional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

The post-shooting work should be paid imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

This has come up before and while yes times are hard etc, it really worth having amateur/students shoot your wedding photos ? I would shop around, I'm sure you'd get what you wanted done, by someone who has done it before, after all, thats what you are paying for. As in, they know the in's-out's of a wedding. Do you want to be chasing the photographers all day saying ok this is going to happen now so get ready ? When a "pro" would know whats going to happen also been able to deal with bride/maides/best men/inlaws/outlaws etc etc. Its just one less hassle on day.

Just to add..
    Talk to your Photographer...

This is what I did with our photographer before my wedding and once he understood what we wanted (have full resolution shots and a release for our personal use). It took a couple of conversations but in the end he agreed to print and sign a release for us.

We didn't want an album or more than 2 8X10 prints, just the digital shots on CDs.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64477913#post64477913

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

More appropriate to the services thread so i've moved it over there (apologies mods). Normal services thread rules apply.

OP - any responses should from this point be on a PM to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement