Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone received any documentation from CAO?

Options
  • 15-02-2010 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I did my cao app online for a mature student psychiatric nurse and also sent in the relevant documents but haven't received any documentation from the cao to say the information was received?. I know An Bord Altranis handle the nursing stuff but still. Anybody any ideas?, cheers!.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

I put a stamped adressed postcard with a checklist in with my documents and they sent it back to me. Otherwise I don't think they do confirm receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

I also sent a SAE and it was sent back to me, but other than that I've had nothing either. I think in march (week 2 i think) you'll receive an invitation to attend the aptitude test. Where have you applied to? I applied for psych nursing too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I did my cao app online for a mature student psychiatric nurse and also sent in the relevant documents but haven't received any documentation from the cao to say the information was received?. I know An Bord Altranis handle the nursing stuff but still. Anybody any ideas?, cheers!.

I've applied online too and haven't heard anything back yet, I'm not too worried about it though. If you are just give them a call and ask if they've received the stuff you sent :)

Abigayle wrote: »
    I've applied online too and haven't heard anything back yet, I'm not too worried about it though. If you are just give them a call and ask if they've received the stuff you sent :)

I'd give them a quick call too, just to give myself peace of mind. Where have you applied Abigayle?:)

smilerxxx wrote: »
    I'd give them a quick call too, just to give myself peace of mind. Where have you applied Abigayle?:)

For Trinity and DCU. How about yourself? :)

• Advertisement

I've applied to UL, fingers crossed we'll get it!! I'm crossing my toes too :D Best of luck!!!!!!!

I've applied to UL, fingers crossed we'll get it!! I'm crossing my toes too :D Best of luck!!!!!!!

Oh cool. Well fingers crossed for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jewell

Hi acostelloe1,

I applied this year too, as mature student...General 1st choice UCC. I applied on line and like yourself didn't send self addressed envelope to confirm receipt. Started to worry last week in case my documents hadn't arrived. I gave them a call and quoted my CAO number and they put my mind to rest, they had all my documents. In case any of you don't know but there is a fantastic thread on rollercoaster.ie for student nurses to be. It's mainly midwifery as its a maternity/parenting website but it has fantastic info and experiences from people to did aptitude test and interview last year. Good luck to all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

You should hear from the NCC by 18th March, if not you should ring them. It's all on their site http://www.nursingcareers.ie/Entry_Req_Mature_51.html

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

I applied online, included the SAE with posted documents but never received it so I just emailed them on Monday. They replied within half hour to say they had. You should do the same. Peace of mind and all that.

• Advertisement

I received a slip from CAO today asking for my leaving cert exam number and year of exam. I sent all my documents including the leaving certificate itself which from what I gather has the exam number on it. Has anyone else received this letter? Very frustrating as the documents have arrived. I don't understand why they need this seperately, or more to point, why they can't just look at the certificate for the number. Sorry if I'm sounding annoyed, had a bad day and this letter has scared me into thinking my application has been held up. very stressed now.:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I received a slip from CAO today asking for my leaving cert exam number and year of exam. I sent all my documents including the leaving certificate itself which from what I gather has the exam number on it. Has anyone else received this letter? Very frustrating as the documents have arrived. I don't understand why they need this seperately, or more to point, why they can't just look at the certificate for the number. Sorry if I'm sounding annoyed, had a bad day and this letter has scared me into thinking my application has been held up. very stressed now.:confused::confused::confused:
    I got that too even though i'm applying for a totally different course! I mean i sent them EVERYTHING they could possibly want, yet got that letter...oh and they had to add in that they cannot find my payment slip either:pac:

Luckily i live quite close to my old school so got that number from them today:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 yeeehaaaa

i applied to the cao as well on the site and i received email confirmations instead of postal confirmations, did they send anything to your email account?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hey, i forgot about the postcard too but around 3 weeks ago i recieved a letter from one of the colleges i applied to, DIT, just confirming my application and giving a timetable of what to expect over the next few months in terms of offers, interviews and accecptances.If your worried id say call them or email them-iv sent them emails before and always got a quick reply.. But i never got anything from the CAO anyway..

Advertisement