Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

So I'm out of work for the next while to get my head straightened out. Big relief to be honest but it's now finding things to do with all the spare time. Yesterday morning felt relatively easy to get up out of bed and get breakfast and take my medication.

After that, I tried to just relax with a film but my mind was just racing completely and I couldn't enjoy it. Same with most things I tried to do yesterday.

As much as work was a strain, I could distract myself by keeping myself busy but there's only so much you can do at home really.

Tried getting myself out for a walk but just wasn't motivated at all.

I'm only getting used to this new routine so it'll take time.

My counsellor advised me to start a "mood journal"

Write down the time, how I'm feeling and what activity I'm currently doing and see if there's a pattern. If I'm feeling good do more of that activity and if I'm feeling sad to do less of an activity.

Last week was a pretty bad week for me as it was the first full week of starting the higher dosage of medication and I was just so down but I feel I can now cope with the tablets. I don't like taking them and I don't like feeling this way but I'm finding easier to live with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Horribly low at the moment. Can't see the light at the end of the tunnel at all. Had a really negative session with my counsellor last night & I don't know the way forward. I had a very bad panic attack whilst in with her & even though it wasn't finished, the time was up and I had to go (I think she had another person waiting) but it was really tough leaving whilst crying horribly. I sat in the car for about 30 mins before I felt comfortable enough to drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Hersheys wrote: »
    Horribly low at the moment. Can't see the light at the end of the tunnel at all. Had a really negative session with my counsellor last night & I don't know the way forward. I had a very bad panic attack whilst in with her & even though it wasn't finished, the time was up and I had to go (I think she had another person waiting) but it was really tough leaving whilst crying horribly. I sat in the car for about 30 mins before I felt comfortable enough to drive.

Oh that sounds terrible. Have you anyone at home to chat to? Hope you feel better soon.

Its awful. I'm still shaking today from it. Concentration non existant. Nobody at home knows what's going on unfortunately so nobody to talk to. Important work deadline early next week too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Hersheys wrote: »

This is me today! Was with my person for an hour this morning. Didn't have to go straight to work afterwards thank God. Went home and slept for two hours. Feel like I'm in shock at the moment. Looking at the world through glass.

• Advertisement

Oh I didn't sleep a wink after it last night, I was in bits. Still am. Am like a zombie today. Just totally out of it. No work being done. I really need to see my doctor :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

*hugs* hersheys and neemish - that's a horrible thing to happen, been there a few times myself too >.< It's so funny how different you can feel coming out of a counselling session; I've had times when I came out feeling amazing and thinking I could be better in 2 mins, and then other times when it seems like no use whatsoever and makes things worse... Hope you're feeling a bit better now xx

Thanks Seren_ still feeling crappy. Hoping to get some sleep tonight. I just feel so low. I need someone to understand what's going on. I thought my counsellor would but she didn't help AT ALL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Not in the best frame of mind tbh. Not quite sure how to solve it.

:(

Just :(

• Advertisement

I have depression that sometimes borders on psychotic. I don't take pills any more, but sometimes I wish I did. It was so much easier just to take a pill and know that it would keep things at bay. I know I'm stable enough to control my own actions, but it can be very stressful. What's frustrating is, because I don't take pills, people don't believe I have a problem; there's a whole stigma of 'well if you don't need medicine, you're not sick'. Excuse me, but I have an effing doctor that can tell you just what's wrong with me.
    This may seem out of the blue, but a lot of people have been passing these comments around lately and it's really grating on me.

I don't think today is going to happen- i just don't think i can do it. Up and dressed but the thought of driving and work is too much

You can do it neemish - I know its difficult, believe me, but you will feel better for doing it. You've made the first step & got out of bed, push yourself that little bit further and go in, even if only for a half day, & then treat yourself to something nice on your way home as a reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Relax, you'll be fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Have had a horrible day. Literally could not lift myself out of bed to go to college. Stayed locked in my room until about 7 in the evening and that was just to go and eat because I didn't even want to think about cooking. Just don't want to do anything. Feeling very, very unmotivated.

Dragged myself out the door today to college. Awful day it was.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Dragged myself out the door today to college. Awful day it was.

I feel really guilty when I don't go too, but there was just no way that today was happening. Just couldn't face it. Felt so miserable when I went outside, finally. Just wanted to go straight back into my room. I'm fairly sure my housemates think I'm some sort of hermit or something.

I kinda felt like I had to make the effort, same reason I've gone in at all this week.

Didn't make it to work yesterday - just couldn't do it. Went today and it was horrible - not the work itself, just being there. But hey, it was an improvement from not going at all

• Advertisement

I kinda felt like I had to make the effort, same reason I've gone in at all this week.

I keep thinking, 'tomorrow I'll go in, definitely', and then tomorrow comes and I can't do it.

I keep thinking, 'tomorrow I'll go in, definitely', and then tomorrow comes and I can't do it.

Aye, that's the thing I know I'd think, so I just have to move. Been feeling sick as a dog as well, getting the bus at half 7 in the morning takes it right out of me. Apparently my college does counselling, but I'm not even motivated for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Aye, that's the thing I know I'd think, so I just have to move. Been feeling sick as a dog as well, getting the bus at half 7 in the morning takes it right out of me. Apparently my college does counselling, but I'm not even motivated for that.

I set up an appointment for my college councellor and she keeps ringing me but I can't bring myself to pick up the phone. College is just too much when you feel like this.

I went to my college counsellor before, but it didn't help me. I just didn't feel comfortable telling her anything, and I have a hard time even articulating what exactly it is that has me feeling down.

I went to my college counsellor before, but it didn't help me. I just didn't feel comfortable telling her anything, and I have a hard time even articulating what exactly it is that has me feeling down.

Yeah exactly. Wasted effort I keep thinking, if it won't work. Just dragging me down, I can't remember anything I've studied this week.

Yeah exactly. Wasted effort I keep thinking, if it won't work. Just dragging me down, I can't remember anything I've studied this week.

I suppose it does work for some people. I wouldn't like to write it off...

I went to college earlier in the week, and I don't remember anything that happened in the class. I felt like a zombie.

I suppose it does work for some people. I wouldn't like to write it off...

I went to college earlier in the week, and I don't remember anything that happened in the class. I felt like a zombie.

Yeah I guess so. I dunno, but sure If I'm stupid or what, sitting in class just not getting anything.

Yeah I guess so. I dunno, but sure If I'm stupid or what, sitting in class just not getting anything.

I don't think stupidity has anything to do with it.

Must be something. It was a politics class, everyone else was contributing to the discussion and I was sitting there like a lemon. Went out at the break for a smoke, came back in, mind was as blank as it was before.

• Advertisement

Must be something. It was a politics class, everyone else was contributing to the discussion and I was sitting there like a lemon. Went out at the break for a smoke, came back in, mind was as blank as it was before.

I was the same in my theatre class on Tuesday. Just sat there, looking from me, not contributing and barely even hearing what was being said. Any sort of vital information could have been given out, and I'd have no idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement