Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Came home from college for lunch, and really don't want to go back in now. Stayed out almost all of last week though, so kinda have to. Even the thought of it makes me feel tired. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

****ing anxiety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Anyone have any experiences of using beta blockers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Anyone have any experiences of using beta blockers?
    No. Slows your heart rate down - my friends boyfriend is on them & she borrows his meds when she has to give a talk in work.

So I spent the day ringing between doctors & nobody was able to talk to me. I'm still off my meds & in a major, major funk. I have tried talking to my friends but its times like these when things are **** that you realise who your friends are & right now I feel like the loneliest little goat on a very big mountain. I can't sleep. Afraid to take anything to help sleep. The horrible dreams are back.

I feel like I'm swimming up river against the biggest current & I just don't know if I have the energy to keep swimming :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I always thought that this thread would do well as a Facebook group.

• Advertisement

banquo wrote: »
    I always thought that this thread would do well as a Facebook group.
    I like the anonymity here though :( it's why I don't do well in group sessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Actually am surprised to see that the thread is searchable and shows up in public profiles.

Actually am surprised to see that the thread is searchable and shows up in public profiles.
    Me too given that PI threads are not searchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

It is possible to set up a private facebook group, I've no idea how to do it though but am a member of one so could ask the guy who mod's it, the one I'm in doesn't show up anywhere and anything you post doesn't show up on your public profile. If people are interested I could look at setting it up....

Hersheys, I that's a great description of swimming up a river I used to describe it as trying to walk in a swimming pool.
    Moods ok this morning, I'd to visit my uncle last night who's terminally ill in hospital and was dreading it, but it was actually really nice to see his appreciation that I took the time to call in, it's still a tragic lose though.

I've been thinking about heading back to the Aware meetings again, I found them great but they can be a bit draining at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Would need some reassurance that ANYTHING on fb is private! Have heard tales of prospective empolyers looking at fb profiles before hiring people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

There are private fora right here on boards but there would be a problem with anything private. How would someone new know where to look and, like me yesterday, just feel like or need to post and not have to wait hours for an approval.
    I would be happy with it jusst being a non searchable thread

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

There are private fora right here on boards but there would be a problem with anything private. How would someone new know where to look and, like me yesterday, just feel like or need to post and not have to wait hours for an approval.
    I would be happy with it jusst being a non searchable thread

If its non searchable, doesn't that just pose the same problem for new users?

Someone can correct me, but I'm fairly sure anon posting is not pre-modded in this forum and posts will appear straight away. I've never tried it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Going unreg to try out the whole "unreg anonymous" thing! Ok day. Anxiety levels through the roof at the moment though and feeling ity physically which is never a good sign

It's premoderated, as I discovered when I posted a few moments ago!

I don't use the word hate often as I don't like it, but I hate the medical professionals I trusted to look after my mental health.

I'm currently looking for a new GP. Not an easy task!

Did they get back to you at all?

Earlier on, yeah. But I actually don't think she listened to what I said to be honest. I expressed my concerns over side effects of the medications, she said I should take them anyway, even though I self harmed while on them. I told her straight out that I'd be looking for a GP in Dublin that wasn't her.

My old GP hasn't contacted me which is frustrating but I suppose out of sight, out of mind!

Be positive - maybe its just one of those days for him and he didn't get a chance.

Ok so on the hunt for a good GP. Will keep an ear out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

What part of Dublin are you in Hersheys? I find my current GP great if you want I'll pm you the details.

I hadn't actually realised you could post annon here. Re, a fb page, the private group I am a member of doesn't appear to show up anywhere but I'll look into it more.

Nah, this is the 4th time I've contacted him over various things with no response, I don't mean that I'm stalking him but even down to getting repeat scripts, I haven't been able to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Hersheys wrote: »
    Nah, this is the 4th time I've contacted him over various things with no response, I don't mean that I'm stalking him but even down to getting repeat scripts, I haven't been able to!

That sucks :( Its bad cause there's not really much advice we can give. Hopefully you can find a better GP soon.

I've gotten a prescription for some anxiety medication for the last while, but I don't know if it works. I just take it when needed, I guess it slows my heart rate down a bit is all. Doctor didn't give me many and said to see my psychologist, I don't know if I have the time though :/ So busy right now, taking time out might just even stress me more!

That sucks :( Its bad cause there's not really much advice we can give. Hopefully you can find a better GP soon.

I've gotten a prescription for some anxiety medication for the last while, but I don't know if it works. I just take it when needed, I guess it slows my heart rate down a bit is all. Doctor didn't give me many and said to see my psychologist, I don't know if I have the time though :/ So busy right now, taking time out might just even stress me more!

It's better to take the time out now Peach & de-stress/talk/figure out the meds - your health is your wealth & I think if you look after yourself on a regular basis the lows ain't so bad when they hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Think I'l do something tonight, have to be careful not to go too far, I'm not in the mood for the emergency room./

cloud493 wrote: »
    Think I'l do something tonight, have to be careful not to go too far, I'm not in the mood for the emergency room./
    Please don't cloud - think of something else instead, distract yourself. I know I'm not one to give advice on this given I've done it recently but please don't - if you're anything like me you'll regret it. Stay strong xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Please don't cloud. Not worth it.

Just have to see how the night goes. Not gonna be sleeping either way.

Just have to see how the night goes. Not gonna be sleeping either way.
    Please dont hurt yourself. You're too precious for that. Can we do anything to help?

No its ok. I'm just overthinking things. I know its a useless activity, but you know.

No its ok. I'm just overthinking things. I know its a useless activity, but you know.

I do know- as i lie awake thinking about work when I'm exhausted and need to be asleep. How are you doing??

• Advertisement

I was going to, but then, my sister started crying cos she was upset, so I was there till 4 giving her a cuddle. Didn't want to after that. How are you doing neemish?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement