Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

darkhorse wrote: »

Ah, dont mind me, fly, someone very close is dying, was just thinking aloud and it just came out.:(
    I understand, sorry about that, don't mind me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

lexapro, cured back working, ye can be cured i dont suffer with depression anymore had it for years, i use to think it was 'normal' to feel the way i did, keep the faith medication is the key is can and does work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Very,no extremly wound up since yesterday bordering manic or having major anxiety attack, cannot relax or sit down once I do I think of something else that needs doing and I have to do it. Very paniky dont know what to do with myself.
    I found a xanax might just take it till tomorrow and see GP
    for ladies on the forum PMT really is not helping either grrrrrrrrrr:mad::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Has anyone started a relationship since they've had depression/anxiety?
    I mean I've had relationships before- none of them went very well- but I can't see how I could start one now. I don't know any people and don't go anywhere to meet any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

phi3 wrote: »
    I mean I've had relationships before- none of them went very well- but I can't see how I could start one now. I don't know any people and don't go anywhere to meet any.

Nope. Have had zero motivation to actually put any effort into a relationship. Bolt at the first sign of someone being interested in forming a relationship. It's just the thought of it makes me feel tired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Yes! It was very strange. It started during a really bad patch I was having. I can't stress how crazy I was! But he was a great friend to me, and would listen and offer advice. And I guess when I would talk to him I would feel better and more of my good side would come through. And he saw this and asked me out :) That was 2 years ago now and haven't had a major breakdown since!

I think he is one of the reasons I do so well. Past relationships I either didn't talk about my problems, or I tried and wasn't well received, so hid it more. I am very open with him, and he is not judgmental at all, just so supportive. He always makes me happy, and when I'm with him I feel good about myself.

And I met him through Boards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Yes, bipolar. We're happily married now, though she sometimes says she didn't really know what she was getting into when I told her I had bipolar early on. I met her at a Boards Beers many years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I feel myself on the way down. Woke up really agitated and lacking motivation. Have been thinking things over a lot today and have been quite distracted. My self-esteem is slipping and I'm just not in the mood for work. I'm going straight to bed when I'm done here.

Actually felt this coming on yesterday, was listening to depressing music and wanted to hurt myself, yet I was in a good mood but today I'm in a **** one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I feel myself on the way down. Woke up really agitated and lacking motivation. Have been thinking things over a lot today and have been quite distracted. My self-esteem is slipping and I'm just not in the mood for work. I'm going straight to bed when I'm done here.

Actually felt this coming on yesterday, was listening to depressing music and wanted to hurt myself, yet I was in a good mood but today I'm in a **** one.

Almost exactly the same way here, can't motivate to do anything, in the gutter with nasty thoughts, couch with the dog all day feeling like skipping college. Argh..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Having a rough time too. Blaming it on the fullness of the moon and the time of the month but the truth is I'm tired. Exhausted in fact. Work is draining me at the moment and there is no end in sight. I go to work, I go home, I take something to help me sleep as early as I can so that I will be able to function the next day. I get up and go back to work. And it's beginning to have an effect. I'm sad, and slightly weepy. Despair is starting to creep in . I wake in the morning and think, just another hour please. Time to try and nip this in the bud before it becomes a bigger problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 sinisilmab

Hey folks, hope this is a good place to ask -

I have some problems with anxiety and panic that I'm finally trying to tackle. I'm looking for an affordable and decent male counseller in Dublin but I don't know where to start. Maybe someone could point me in the right direction, or recommend somebody?

PM me if you don't want to block up the thread... I'd appreciate it a lot.

uffffffffff this was hard to write.

Been a few days so think I can say my "manic" phase or whatever the hell that was is over! Been very flat but I kinda prefer it to the intense moods, even if some of them were highs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

So I figure its about time for an update.

I'm about a week back on the meds. The zaps and withdrawals disappeared after 2/3 days.

I felt great for a few days, everything was "back on track" but it would appear that was just a high and after a high comes a low. Was back to suicidal thoughts last night, never fun and never easy.

i cannot stop eating...seriously I'm constantly at it hate myself so much

handbagmad wrote: »

Story of my life!! Gonna try more therapy in the new year for it.

Story of my life!! Gonna try more therapy in the new year for it.

peach I seem to be going from harming to eating to deal with anxiety. My doc wont give me any relaxers(benzo's) im still waiting on a call for CBT which now looks like it wont be till after christmas(which not wanting to sound like the grinch but m dreading.)

Im feeling quite manic and panicky

peach I seem to be going from harming to eating to deal with anxiety. My doc wont give me any relaxers(benzo's) im still waiting on a call for CBT which now looks like it wont be till after christmas(which not wanting to sound like the grinch but m dreading.)

Im feeling quite manic and panicky

I eat and make myself sick, which I see as a form of harming!

Maybe try an eating disorder organization, some of them may have support groups in your area. Could be worth while just when you are on the waiting list.

Totally understand your Christmas dread, all that food in the house :P

Ugh. I was actually feeling pretty good for the last week or so, and now I've begun to slump again and I'm just comfort eating so much. Usually I don't have a problem with food, but I can always tell it's the beginning of a bad spell when I start to binge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Hersheys wrote: »
    So I figure its about time for an update.

I'm about a week back on the meds. The zaps and withdrawals disappeared after 2/3 days.

I felt great for a few days, everything was "back on track" but it would appear that was just a high and after a high comes a low. Was back to suicidal thoughts last night, never fun and never easy.

Yeah, if it makes you feel better, this was me a year ago.

You get an initial boost from the anti depressants, then hit a slump and get a bit depressed again. Then they usually up the dosage to help you get on your feet.

As for the other topic, I don't see the point in comfort eating, probably did it last year a bit. Futile mentality in the end, cos all you gain is weight and very temporary pleasure or whatever from the food. That effect is most likely multiplied depending what medication you're on.

Just going out and hitting the roads is the far better option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I've hardly eaten in a month. I know I should feel hungry, but I just feel really sick all the time :( really bad so far too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Urgh.. Forgetting to take medication, not showering much, just wasting time on couch. Can't motivate, have no mood, at least nothing i can describe.. Just f**king grey or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

flyswatter wrote: »

As for the other topic, I don't see the point in comfort eating, probably did it last year a bit. Futile mentality in the end, cos all you gain is weight and very temporary pleasure or whatever from the food. That effect is most likely multiplied depending what medication you're on.

Just going out and hitting the roads is the far better option.
    I'd be the same, I can see how some people get pleasure from it, although I've never been into food- suppose we are all different.

I'd been ok the last few days but then got a call last night to say my I uncle had passed away. He was sick for a while so I'm trying to look on the fast that at least he's now t piece, it's still really crap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

can someone get jammstar to message me when/if he returns?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Started having panic attacks last week... I seriously thought I was going to die, and still think I'm dying every time I have an attack even though I know what it is. Xanax staves off the tremors after the attack though... I have no idea what brings them on, they seem to happen at random times... one just happened during the toy show ffs!! So glad in a way to see there are others out there going through this and I'm not alone.. it's not the nicest thing in the world.. waiting on an appointment with a psychiatrist next Friday, hopefully will get down to the bottom of this. Does it ever go away? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Started having panic attacks last week... I seriously thought I was going to die, and still think I'm dying every time I have an attack even though I know what it is. Xanax staves off the tremors after the attack though... I have no idea what brings them on, they seem to happen at random times... one just happened during the toy show ffs!! So glad in a way to see there are others out there going through this and I'm not alone.. it's not the nicest thing in the world.. waiting on an appointment with a psychiatrist next Friday, hopefully will get down to the bottom of this. Does it ever go away? :(

It does. This is just temporary, not for life by any means.

Part of being on Internet forums is that you see posts like "I've had this crap for 20 years." In reality, 99.999% of anxiety sufferers get better with treatment and the passage of time.

Xanax provides temporary relief, but the real solution is to relax the nervous system, which is stuck on 'alert'. There's a book called Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat Zinn, which is meditation for beginners. My doctor recommended it. It has a terrific success rate. I was super skeptical but my lord does it work!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Thanks for that book recommendation, get it for christmas I think. Very interested in mindfulness and objectivity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

nevermind.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    nevermind.

You ok?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

How are we people? The thread is gone very quiet. Have just arrived at work to be met with a barrage of crises, which are being layed at my door. All sorted bout why do people get so upset about little things?

• Advertisement

Meh. Not having a great week. Didn't go to college yesterday, and haven't been today either. Everything right now just seems like a momentous struggle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement