Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

neemish wrote: »
    How are we people? The thread is gone very quiet. Have just arrived at work to be met with a barrage of crises, which are being layed at my door. All sorted bout why do people get so upset about little things?

Filled with regret and sorrow.

An wondering where jammstar has got to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm just really really tired at the moment. Just getting through the days as they come, basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

I'm finding the dark evenings don't help either.

Kaching - haevn't hear from jammstarr in a long time. Not sure if he'll be back to us tbh. Jamm, if you read this could you post even anonymously and say hi.

Cloud and Da Shins - we have to just keep trekking. One foot in front of the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Jammstar changed his name a while back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Meh. Not having a great week. Didn't go to college yesterday, and haven't been today either. Everything right now just seems like a momentous struggle.

I went through periods like that during my degree. Days on end where the mere thought of getting up was too draining and my mind would not let me physically drag myself out of bed.

Word of warning; if it starts affecting your grades it will compound the problem and you end up feeling even worse. :( I convinced myself I was stupid and a failure rather than acknowledge I was just sick. Wish I had known to talk to someone and get help sooner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Stupidly looked in the mirror and I cant describe the pain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Everyone
    Jammstarr is fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

I am in a real low the past few days. Tuesday for the counsellor cannot come quick enough. Really dark thoughts :(

On the upside met a new GP that I'm happy with, but it was only a short appt so I didn't get to tell her all my crazy. I will try make another appt before Christmas but I don't want to be seen as a hypochondriac :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hersheys wrote: »
    I am in a real low the past few days. Tuesday for the counsellor cannot come quick enough. Really dark thoughts :(

On the upside met a new GP that I'm happy with, but it was only a short appt so I didn't get to tell her all my crazy. I will try make another appt before Christmas but I don't want to be seen as a hypochondriac :(

Write the list of stuff, less likely to see you as a hypochondriac, even bring up old meds you were on whether or not they worked just to let them know how you work.. I got my files released from hospital plus kept names of all drugs given to me, felt better when i had paperwork to hand over..

Above all, be well.. ;)

Christmas is only 20 days away, dear god.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

cloud493 wrote: »
    Christmas is only 20 days away, dear god.
    And not a child washed in the house!
    Not particularly looking forward myself but kinda glad I'll be busy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I'm actually looking forward to Christmas. I'm just gonna be lounging around my parents house with home-cooking and films. I think my parents are going out of their way to make it a peaceful, laid-back Christmas this year, so it should be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Does anyone else get really bad teeth chattering after an attack? My attacks can last a matter of seconds where I am convinced I am dying, or can last up to 10 minutes but always after my teeth chatter for ages, then just suddenly stops. It's so surreal!

I'm actually looking forward to Christmas. I'm just gonna be lounging around my parents house with home-cooking and films. I think my parents are going out of their way to make it a peaceful, laid-back Christmas this year, so it should be nice.
    Christmas in the Kelly household it is so, no idea how you fit us all in but thanks for the invite.
    I just find crimbo afternoon a bit of an anti-climax, ah suppose I shouldn't complain I'll be with family, have a good feed and be in a warm house, I could be a hell of a lot worse off. I actually spent Christmas in hospital one year, I got out Christmas Eve and went back in on the evening of the 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Its the first week on January that I hate... the come down is awful. It's like the thought of Cmas keeps me going at this time of year and then its bang....back to reality.

Kind of coming around to the idea of a thread meet up sometime for those who would like it. Might need a bit of planning so that we're a support to each other rather than a burden but it could work. (Da shins....what time is dinner at :-) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

You're all invited! Full dinner, tin of roses, pot of tea and It's A Wonderful Life. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Having a real good run the past week and a half :) Happier than I've been in a long time :D

I put in six hours of college work there and now I have nothing to do because I don't enjoy being awake anymore at all. All I can think of now that my work is done is to go back to bed.

Sleep is the only relief from this absolute ****, the downside being you wake up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Hick1sfm

staying in bed all the time only makes things worse. You gotta get up and keep your mind occupied. I know easier said than done but lying in bed wont help

Look I've done a job where my mind was occupied 100% 9 - 5:30 and I was just as bad if not worse. As I've said, I just got up and did 6 hours work despite not even having the motivation to leave my house or do anything else. Lying in bed will help in the sense that if I sleep it is a number of hours less of a day that I have to experience. I'm trying to reduce the hours I am able to experience this crap. Sorry if I sound annoyed, I just am in general, not at you.

• Advertisement

Ideally I want christmas to be over with soon as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Hick1sfm

ya christmas and new year defo worst time every year

neemish wrote: »

Kind of coming around to the idea of a thread meet up sometime for those who would like it. Might need a bit of planning so that we're a support to each other rather than a burden but it could work. (Da shins....what time is dinner at :-) )

The idea was thrown around before although didn't really take off but yeah I like the idea.

I'd be up for a thread meet up if there was tea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

I'm getting very overwhelmed by all this christmas talk everywhere. not wishing to sound ba-humbug but its just too much. The pressure of people wanting me to go out to pubs family do's and the fact i've put on so much weight I'm hideious.........
    I no I sound like a moaning bitch but I've no one else to talk to about this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

handbagmad wrote: »
    I'm getting very overwhelmed by all this christmas talk everywhere. not wishing to sound ba-humbug but its just too much. The pressure of people wanting me to go out to pubs family do's and the fact i've put on so much weight I'm hideious.........

Dont be putting yourself down. And ya can moan all ya like, we are your friends here. I'll put it another way, You've Got a Friend in Me.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

hey all

anybody tried the linden method for anxiety ??? i found it works great

all fact , no bull**** , wrote by a guy called charles linden " hence linden method "

its a book ( 200 odd pages ) and some audio like , panic attack eliminator ( this is savage , its him telling you what to do during an attack , why they are happening etc ), visualiation ( for confidence ) je kun doo exercise , etc

prob is its €220

pm me if you have questions about this , it seriously worked for me and it's wrote by a guy who suffered for 20 years and he tells it like it is , it makes you feel normal and also makes you laugh and how stupid your mind is working and ways to relax etc

just pm me as im not in this thread often

handbagmad wrote: »

I can relate to this. And its such a shame that other people in your life are genuinely looking forward to getting together and having a good christmas (whatever that is exactly) but when something is on your mind seeing people who would notice changes in your appearance due to the fact that you mightn't have seen them for a while can be stressful.

And that word hideous really stands out for me personally because of its extremity, but I know from personal experience that people can genuinely feel hideous and just want to hide away...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

One thing I'm finding out is how effing tiring depression can be I was very down yesterday today I'm fine but absolutely exhausted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

dinorebel wrote: »
    One thing I'm finding out is how effing tiring depression can be I was very down yesterday today I'm fine but absolutely exhausted.

its all the needless worry , its amazing how our mind is running away with thoughts , when its us who should be controlling them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement