Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Hersheys wrote: »
    Insomnia. Mental thoughts. Bad combination. Also hate Christmas time. Annoying.

Hersheys, hug. No more bad thoughts. Dont worry, Be happy.:):)

cloud493 wrote: »
    She can't hate me if there's nothing to hate. Thats logical.

By the same token, she also can't love you if there's nothing to love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

darkhorse wrote: »
    By the same token, she also can't love you if there's nothing to love.

I'll settle for not being so disgusting poisonous and repulsive right how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Sometimes I wish I was just consistently depressed every day. There's nothing worse than doing well for a few days and then sinking back into the low moods. I'd rather not get my hopes up with temporary happiness :(

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'll settle for not being so disgusting poisonous and repulsive right how.

You are a wonderful person, there is nothing wrong with you. I know this by the way that you love your little sister. I dont even have to know any more about you. By the way, I might as well tell you that I hardly know my brothers and sisters, as we grew up in different countries. Believe me when I tell ya that you have something special there, please treasure it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

just been crying for no apparent reason for the last half hour or so,2012 got off to a great start having a feeling i never felt before but now im just at rock bottom again.

tired of this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Feeling cautiously normal tonight. A pleasant interval after a week of telling myself I'm not losing my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

I feel like absolute **** :(

Been struggling with bad thoughts, I really want to hurt myself but I can't deal with the consequences. I also fear that if I start I won't stop.

Worst part? I'm popping valium like there's no tomorrow & it's doing NOTHING. Not even making me sleepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Rough rough day. have gotten to work but don't know if I will last the day

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

if someone could get jammstar to mail me ... that be good.

This time of year sucks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Doing pretty bad atm. Had to go to the doc's to get some valium to ease the horrible anxiety I have.

Mood wise I'm pretty low.

Hope everyone here is coping!

Last college assignment of the year handed up, and its feedback day tomorrow, dreading it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Don't they inform your next of kin if you go to A&E with psych problems?
    I know I'm late replying to this, sorry :/ No they don't notify your next of kin. They do ask if they can talk to someone close to you to get their opinion on how you've been, for me they asked a good friend of mine. You can say no to that though I think 'cause they need your permission.

I actually love christmas! The whole buzz around it tends to give me energy/ I did have a really horrible low spell last year just after so hopefully it won't be like that this year.

Love to all of yous <3

I'm just so exhausted! I wish I could sleep, would probably feel a whole lot better for it.

I can't face work today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

I can't face work today :(

What did you do in the end??

neemish wrote: »
    What did you do in the end??
    Came in. Do not want to be here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

I'm gonna go back to counselling again in the new year. Overall I'm doing better than I was this time last year but I'm worried about what'll happen next year. when I finish my MSc I have to get a job.....and that prospect terrifies me. Not only have I yet to figure out any job I actually want to do, I'm also struggling to think of ways to sell myself to employers. There's nothing I'm particularly good at, nothing that makes me stand out....I relied solely on academic achievement up 'til Leaving Cert but depression coupled with a complete loss of motivation left me with a 2.2 in my undergrad, which is always gonna bother me 'cause I could have done so much better if my mental health allowed me. I'm not a lazy or unintelligent person, just a hopelessly dysfunctional one. :(

My biggest problem, though, is that I cannot deal with rejection in any shape or form; I'm too scared to even contemplate applying for jobs 'cause every time I get a "please fúck off" letter I know I'm gonna take it really personally and feel like a complete failure. And everytime I see a job that requires "minimum 2.1" I feel unbelievably shít about myself; in some parallel universe I have a high 2.1 or 1st class degree 'cause everyone assumed that's what I was gonna come out with, but alas I'm stuck in this one. The whole rejection thing has also prevented me from trying to go back into the dating world again; I'd love to meet someone but I don't deal with break-ups well.

I'm hoping counselling can help me with these things. I've made too much progress this year to just give up now. Still seems like proper recovery is so far away though..... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Have way too much time on my hands now being on holidays. Too much time to think about things that I don't want to think about. Have no money to do things and the little money I have gets spent on drink, smokes and other drugs to help me deal with the depression. Can't get a job and all my friends have one so they're always busy. Can't wait to get back to college.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I'm the opposite, I still have mountains of assignments to do and yesterday I looked in the mirror knowing that my death whenever it is will be by own hands. Only thing keeping me going is cowardice.

• Advertisement

Feedback day in college went ok in the end. Dear god, 6 days left though, just hurry up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 MOR66

I need advice,

For awhile now, i've thought i may be suffering from depression. I know depression and clinical depression are two different disorders, but i did an online test which showed mine to be moderate\severe. I dont talk to anyone about how i'm feeling or like the idea either. What should I do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

MOR66 wrote: »
    I need advice,

For awhile now, i've thought i may be suffering from depression. I know depression and clinical depression are two different disorders, but i did an online test which showed mine to be moderate\severe. I dont talk to anyone about how i'm feeling or like the idea either. What should I do?

You need to talk to someone about it. End of.

Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

I'm gonna go back to counselling again in the new year. Overall I'm doing better than I was this time last year but I'm worried about what'll happen next year. when I finish my MSc I have to get a job.....and that prospect terrifies me. Not only have I yet to figure out any job I actually want to do, I'm also struggling to think of ways to sell myself to employers. There's nothing I'm particularly good at, nothing that makes me stand out....I relied solely on academic achievement up 'til Leaving Cert but depression coupled with a complete loss of motivation left me with a 2.2 in my undergrad, which is always gonna bother me 'cause I could have done so much better if my mental health allowed me. I'm not a lazy or unintelligent person, just a hopelessly dysfunctional one. :(

My biggest problem, though, is that I cannot deal with rejection in any shape or form; I'm too scared to even contemplate applying for jobs 'cause every time I get a "please fúck off" letter I know I'm gonna take it really personally and feel like a complete failure. And everytime I see a job that requires "minimum 2.1" I feel unbelievably shít about myself; in some parallel universe I have a high 2.1 or 1st class degree 'cause everyone assumed that's what I was gonna come out with, but alas I'm stuck in this one. The whole rejection thing has also prevented me from trying to go back into the dating world again; I'd love to meet someone but I don't deal with break-ups well.

I'm hoping counselling can help me with these things. I've made too much progress this year to just give up now. Still seems like proper recovery is so far away though..... :(

Think of the future and try not to place any emphasis on the past. That's all behind you now and unchangeable. The future isn't and you can work on moving up in life. To be honest employers will often look at your most recent qualification and be swayed by the Masters you're doing now.

Don't get caught up with job rejection. It's something everyone goes through. Think of it like that. You can't even predict that it even will happen so definitely try to avoid that mindset. Good luck with the counselling. I'd actually recommend CBT as a way of changing these negative mindsets. Perhaps the counselling can do this. I mainly had CBT but a small bit of counselling a long time ago.
    I need advice,

Don't read too much into internet tests on medical issues cos they can't compare to a real life medical professional. You can also get in to the danger online of misdiagnosing yourself. Place your trust in a doctor. I'd recommend taking that step first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Thats lovely. Did you make it up yourself.

Yeah made it up I do that sometimes have a few i've done througout the years some are childish though.

I've been to my G.P twice this week feeling not safe...i'm not really panicky just feel flat like and really very very tired
    Have appt with psch friday probably going to add/review something in the meds. TBH really dont even want to go or see the point in it
    i've also given my ATM card to a family member as I do not trust myself i've spent so much money already and was spirraling I just wanted to make other people happy.
    I just want to sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

I need advice,

Talk to your doctor

I'm a bad person :(

handbagmad wrote: »
    Yeah made it up I do that sometimes have a few i've done througout the years some are childish though.

I've been to my G.P twice this week feeling not safe...i'm not really panicky just feel flat like and really very very tired
    Have appt with psch friday probably going to add/review something in the meds. TBH really dont even want to go or see the point in it
    i've also given my ATM card to a family member as I do not trust myself i've spent so much money already and was spirraling I just wanted to make other people happy.
    I just want to sleep

My daughter is also very good at making up poems and limericks. I think its a great talent, and not everybody has it.
    Regarding the meds., give them a chance, they work, I'm living proof.

I'm a bad person :(

No, yer not. You are a lovely person. And I know from your nickname that you are very imaginative, took me a long time to get it.:)

• Advertisement

No, yer not. You are a lovely person. And I know from your nickname that you are very imaginative, took me a long time to get it.:)

Nah I'm a bad apple :(

Stupid stupid stupid!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement