Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Hersheys wrote: »
    Nah I'm a bad apple :(

Stupid stupid stupid!

Please don't put yourself down. You are as good as anybody else, so will you just accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭GullibleOne

hey all

anybody tried the linden method for anxiety ??? i found it works great

all fact , no bull**** , wrote by a guy called charles linden " hence linden method "

its a book ( 200 odd pages ) and some audio like , panic attack eliminator ( this is savage , its him telling you what to do during an attack , why they are happening etc ), visualiation ( for confidence ) je kun doo exercise , etc

prob is its €220

pm me if you have questions about this , it seriously worked for me and it's wrote by a guy who suffered for 20 years and he tells it like it is , it makes you feel normal and also makes you laugh and how stupid your mind is working and ways to relax etc

just pm me as im not in this thread often
    Info on Linden

http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Non-compliant-online-advertisers/The-Linden-Method.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Im the worst person known to man ...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Kaching wrote: »

I'll fight you for the title:rolleyes:

neemish wrote: »
    I'll fight you for the title:rolleyes:

bring it :p

... on a serious note , I dont deserve anything good

• Advertisement

What makes you say that?

darkhorse wrote: »
    What makes you say that?

the way I've behaved this past year ... un- condonable

the way I've behaved this past year ... un- condonable

Is it really as bad as you say it is, you did'nt murder someone or anything.

Is it really as bad as you say it is, you did'nt murder someone or anything.

Ah I'm not the murdering sort. I'm more the " -get-pissy-and-snap-when-the-mood-takes-you - sort"

Still , lost a potentially good mate ....

why dont I just give up trying to be friends with anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Had my psyc appt this afternoon instead of tomorrow didnt get on well at all.It was a new person she made me feel very uneasy I was not comfortable at all. Which meant I just clamped up a lot of awkward silences it was awful. I really dont think I will be going back.
    Im going to chat with my GP in the morning and see if I can just deal with her im too tired to go through this again,

• Advertisement

Ah I'm not the murdering sort. I'm more the " -get-pissy-and-snap-when-the-mood-takes-you - sort"

Still , lost a potentially good mate ....

why dont I just give up trying to be friends with anyone

Don't give up, you have plenty of friends here.

Don't give up, you have plenty of friends here.

I'm not so sure of that :(

I'm not so sure of that :(

Why do you say that?

neemish wrote: »
    Why do you say that?

Because the one friend I thought I had here , well turns out I dont ... I only have myself to blame

When I said un condonable I meant with regards my treatment toward others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Hi Everyone,

Please don't say you are stupid, bad etc!

Nobody in this world is stupid or worthless!

I've been in the depths of depression many times. It can and will get better, you won't always feel like this.

Please talk to someone, call someone and talk crap for an hour.

Go to A & E if you have to.

Someone ALWAYS cares about you.

I care about all of you here, sounds fecking stupid but I do. Sometimes it breaks my heart to see the posts and understand that it feels so ****. I've been there I know what **** feels like.

Be good to yourself, always.

Don't dwell on the past, it's done, over with it, finished, finito, fin.

NOTHING can change it now.

Look to your future, it CAN be good.

Please be kind to yourself.

:)

foxinsox wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Please don't say you are stupid, bad etc!

Nobody in this world is stupid or worthless!

I've been in the depths of depression many times. It can and will get better, you won't always feel like this.

Please talk to someone, call someone and talk crap for an hour.

Go to A & E if you have to.

Someone ALWAYS cares about you.

I care about all of you here, sounds fecking stupid but I do. Sometimes it breaks my heart to see the posts and understand that it feels so ****. I've been there I know what **** feels like.

Be good to yourself, always.

Don't dwell on the past, it's done, over with it, finished, finito, fin.

NOTHING can change it now.

Look to your future, it CAN be good.

Please be kind to yourself.

:)

Nice one, very good post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I went out socializing. And I brought everyone down, like I expected. Cos I'm a ****ing useless poison.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I went out socializing. And I brought everyone down, like I expected. Cos I'm a ****ing useless poison.

I dont believe that for a minute, cloud. Ya musta been with the wrong people. I'm goin over to utube to listen to my favourite songs(my O/H hates when I start that, as I have nearly 200 favourite songs), but wha ya gonna do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I'm a fecker for doing that. I find it a little funny though :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

What's your evidence that you brought everyone down?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Anyone think it's weird that a little part of me genuinely wanted the world to end today? Or any other day?
    Not that I'm particularly down at the moment or anything, just that......it'd be easier, y'know. Not having to worry about the future. Having to figure out where the hell you're supposed to go, what you're gonna do and not need to panic about not having enough friends or never meeting someone you'll love.

Plus the added satisfaction of knowing that when you're going down, everyone else goes down with you! :pac:

I dunno, the world probably won't end for billions of years but part of me always hopes it happens some time in my lifetime. Is that really morbid or just a bit odd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Anyone think it's weird that a little part of me genuinely wanted the world to end today? Or any other day?
    Not that I'm particularly down at the moment or anything, just that......it'd be easier, y'know. Not having to worry about the future. Having to figure out where the hell you're supposed to go, what you're gonna do and not need to panic about not having enough friends or never meeting someone you'll love.

Plus the added satisfaction of knowing that when you're going down, everyone else goes down with you! :pac:

I dunno, the world probably won't end for billions of years but part of me always hopes it happens some time in my lifetime. Is that really morbid or just a bit odd?

I had that thought too for a while, maybe not exactly similar but the same idea.

Had two options today, turn up at something important or hide away. Both had bad consequences but I fought it and found the strength to give it a go. It was the slightly better option, I think the hiding away and not facing the task option would create more hassle and regret in the long run.

Still, feel bad about the decision I took today but it will work out better later I hope. Sorry for being so vague guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

In fairness, we all have to go sometime and if you're gonna go the end of the world's the way to do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

I felt like the world had ended when I woke up this morning if that's what that Mayans meant.

Last day of work today. Last day of distractions. Last day of seeing my friends. Back to the torture of family life.

Feeling like a real failure today.

I was hoping that it would be true. The world would end, and i would no longer have to consider suicide as a way out.

Maybe we just want the pain to end, and today was a little hope that it would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I wanted the world to end aswell. But only because It would be cool to be part of the last generation ever. Not that anyone would know about it though :L

Hersheys wrote: »
    I felt like the world had ended when I woke up this morning if that's what that Mayans meant.

Last day of work today. Last day of distractions. Last day of seeing my friends. Back to the torture of family life.

Feeling like a real failure today.

Why is it the last day of seeing your friends cause you broke from work to-day for the christmas, do they live too far away from you, is that what you mean.
    And why do you think that you are a failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jackeenbeag

So on the outside to my friends I'm a confident, happy maried man in my early 30s.

But on the inside, I'm a nervous wreck. And for no reason.

I have severe social anxieties, panic and worry all the time, and I don't know why

I even get worried about people calling to the door. So I just prefer to stay on my own, and turn down invitations to social events etc

But nobody knows this, so just carry on with this front so everybody thinks I'm fine.

Am I alone feeling like this :(

Little Jack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Theres a good book called When Panic Attacks by Aine Tuburty(sp) available in Easons/Amazon etc.It helped me out yrs ago when i use to suffer bad panic attacks.The book has a helpfull Cd with it with techniques to keep you calm in certain situations.
    More people then you think suffer from Social Anxieties etc.I work in a bookshop and a few people have come in looking for helpful books on that topic.

• Advertisement

I'm a fecker for doing that. I find it a little funny though :L

how little it takes for some to get pissy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement