Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I like that Cloud!

Had a brilliant lol moment in today, I'd to pick my prescription up today and was chatting to the pharmacist (I know her well at this stage), she asked was I set for Christmas? "Well, if you could throw a few xanax in for me too it'd help" apparently isn't the right answer!

Other than that moods not great but I know it's just the time of year and joys of the retail trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Gillo wrote: »
    "Well, if you could throw a few xanax in for me too it'd help" apparently isn't the right answer!

I quite literally LOL'ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I had an "aha!" moment in therapy yesterday, you know when you discover something that is really true about yourself. I find it really hard to say no to things 'cause I think saying no will make people hate me. And I remembered something my mum said about when I was little that "no" was my favourite word, and she used to give out to me the whole time for saying it... so I seem to have taken that to heart and give out to myself for saying it since then, which my therapist thinks has contributed a lot to my problems. I can totally see that being true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

The tranquil spirit of a shy mind,
    One that cant relax nor unwind.

The faded spirit of a broken heart,
    One that cant let the hurt depart.

The time it takes to think things through,
    To figure out whats best for you!

Time is a healer, or so they say,
    We'll live to fight for another day.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

I like that Cloud!

Had a brilliant lol moment in today, I'd to pick my prescription up today and was chatting to the pharmacist (I know her well at this stage), she asked was I set for Christmas? "Well, if you could throw a few xanax in for me too it'd help" apparently isn't the right answer!

Other than that moods not great but I know it's just the time of year and joys of the retail trade.

That funny moment has raised a question in my head. How are you and people here with dark humour?

I found myself laughing a lot at a medication/suicide joke recently. I think it's my sense of humour. Pretty open minded. I can see the darkly funny side in things. I'm most fond of immature/crude/silly jokes though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Had an odd night. Watched (500) Days of Summer with my parents. I love the film but find it really depressing. They just said it was a "nice" film and saw the ending as really upbeat. Shows how differently I see the world to them.

Have always been told I'm a "glass half empty" person, which got me thinking about this odd perspective I have; I believe the glass half full/empty phrases are the wrong way round. If I was told my glass is half full I'd think to myself "why is it only half full? Where's the rest?" and I'd feel sad. Whereas if I was told my glass was half empty I'd think "Oh...well at least I still have half. It's better than being totally empty" and I'd feel a little better. People just look at me weirdly when I tell them that.
    That funny moment has raised a question in my head. How are you and people here with dark humour?

I found myself laughing a lot at a medication/suicide joke recently. I think it's my sense of humour. Pretty open minded. I can see the darkly funny side in things. I'm most fond of immature/crude/silly jokes though.

That sounds like me. I love dark humour. Makes it easier to deal with bad shít when it happens to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Hmm, just stumbled on this forum, might be hanging around a bit more.

I love dark humour. The world is a pretty twisted and dark place, so it's the equivalent in looking for the giggles in what you face on a day to day. I feel like it's the only thing that gets me through the day at times. Speaking of which...

I was prescribed some xanax today, never tried those before. is there any um, 'fun' side effects? (I'd rather hear from boardsies than Google). Also got stuck back on lexapro (was on them for a few months from about this time last year), and a sleeping tablet.

Woot woot? :(

I love dark humour and always have, I think sometimes you have to try laughing at stuff and saying "F@€k it". I've noticed the last while I've drawn the line with particular jokes, maybe I'm maturing a bit but yeah I generally love them. There's a book I read a while back "Shoot the damn dog" I think it was called, it's written by a journalist who suffers from depression and it's basically her experience's, she actually figure that most people with depression have a great sense of humour when they are really bad.
    Xmas party with work tonight and I'm in two minds should I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Hmm, just stumbled on this forum, might be hanging around a bit more.

I love dark humour. The world is a pretty twisted and dark place, so it's the equivalent in looking for the giggles in what you face on a day to day. I feel like it's the only thing that gets me through the day at times. Speaking of which...

I was prescribed some xanax today, never tried those before. is there any um, 'fun' side effects? (I'd rather hear from boardsies than Google). Also got stuck back on lexapro (was on them for a few months from about this time last year), and a sleeping tablet.

Woot woot? :(

Hi PL, I am also on Lexapro and a sleeper(Clonactil). Be careful with the Xanax tbh as they are really addictive. The fun side is they really take the edge off anxiety tbh

I know its rude to ask but what age groups are we all in? (I'm over 20's)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Kaching wrote: »

Early 30s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

There's a book I read a while back "Shoot the damn dog" I think it was called, it's written by a journalist who suffers from depression and it's basically her experience's, she actually figure that most people with depression have a great sense of humour when they are really bad.

That book sounds good actually. Must check it out.

Turned 23 this month. Still feel like a 16 year old though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

19 too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Dunny wrote: »
    Hi PL, I am also on Lexapro and a sleeper(Clonactil). Be careful with the Xanax tbh as they are really addictive. The fun side is they really take the edge off anxiety tbh

Cheers for the advice Dunny - I did not know about its addictive qualities. Of course, I haven't made it to the chemist to pick them up yet as I'm way too nervous about Christmas crowds, yeesh.

Oh, I'm 30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Fifty-ish.

Maybe we should all have a hangout sometime ??? just throwing that out there

I'm 34, lol starting to feel old.

Regarding the Xanax, don't worry about them being addictive; they are but you'd need to be on them for a while, they can be useful to take at the start with the likes of Lexapro as Lexapro takes a while to work where as Xanax will kick in very fast. Most doctors won't let you stay on it for long in order to be safe but yeah I wouldn't be worried their addictive qualities.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'd be totally up for a hang out. Long as it was casual like.

cloud493 wrote: »

Sounds like a plan then but be bit awkward with just 2 of us lol , we'll see how many more we get and then start planning maybe

cloud493 wrote: »
    Casual? Damn I get two wear my tux twice a year, I was looking forward to throwing it on. Think I know what you mean, although aren't most meet up's casual enough?
    I'd be up for it alright, I know it was mentioned before but never took off, so I suppose suggesting a date and taking it from there (the end of Jan would give people plenty of time).
    Had my work xmas party but left early, I just wasn't in the mood to be out all night.

Maybe we should all have a hangout sometime ??? just throwing that out there

I'd love to, but I would feel a little out of place, only liking seventies music(which I grew up with), so I will let you young people hang out, and I'll be thinking about you all. I'm listening to a fella called Bryan Ferry at the moment, I doubt if many of you heard of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

darkhorse wrote: »

I'd love to, but I would feel a little out of place, only liking seventies music(which I grew up with), so I will let you young people hang out, and I'll be thinking about you all. I'm listening to a fella called Bryan Ferry at the moment, I doubt if many of you heard of him.
    Roxy Music I believe. I'm 22 btw on the whole age thing.

Roxy Music I believe. I'm 22 btw on the whole age thing.

Good stuff outa you. I was your age thirty four years ago. I am listening to Elvis Presley now. Its very windy in this neck of the woods, hard to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I'd love to hang out, but I'm leaving the country again on the 6th of January, so I don't think I'd get a chance. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

I'd be up for hanging out!

& I'm 26, feel like I'm about 17 though :)

Hope everyone's ok. I'm dreading getting out of bed but my nephew is here so planning a fun day with him. Even though I've to face nasty people :(

Had a GREAT chat with a good friend last night too.

I'd love to hang out, but I'm leaving the country again on the 6th of January, so I don't think I'd get a chance. :(
    Ah lucky ducky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Hi Folks,

Lurking here a while thought I'd say hello.
    Long time depression sufferer 31.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement