Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

47! yikes one of the oldest here. Hate all this Christmas ****e, all the happy ads showing perfect lives.

Sick of people going mad buying things and going on and on about it.
    It's one day!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

noah45 wrote: »
    47! yikes one of the oldest here. Hate all this Christmas ****e, all the happy ads showing perfect lives.

Sick of people going mad buying things and going on and on about it.
    It's one day!!!

here here Bah Humbug :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

I would gladly go to bed & not wake up until January. I'm having a really tough time today.

Hersheys wrote: »
    I would gladly go to bed & not wake up until January. I'm having a really tough time today.

Ive an attentive ear , mail if you need to vent:)

Only good thing about Christmas is the movie marathons .
    Surprisingly chirpy tonight no clue why :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Admitting the problem is hard to do but usually comes as a sigh of relief.

With my thing, I thought it was a sudden affair, but looking back I realised that I'd been aware of it in some form my entire life and am able to pick out dozens of moments where I felt it latent. I think that's common enough with these things, and they slowly grow inside you as you get older. Then by time they're big enough to burst, it sucks that they're such an issue but also a relief that it's something that can be treated.

Glad to hear you're seeking help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Shattered. Tempted to take seroquel so that i will sleep through tomorrow. Not down have just had it with family already. The level of expectation on me is just unreal

neemish wrote: »
    Shattered. Tempted to take seroquel so that i will sleep through tomorrow. Not down have just had it with family already.

I hear ya ... surprisingly we're all still talking

That's true of here too. It doesn't feel like Christmas at all. I love my family..just an hour of them at a time is enough!

love mine too. just there's so much turkey arguing i can take

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Only just got out to the folks house and hoping for a very quiet few days. Planning for going for a spin on the bike first thing tomorrow morning, nice cycle along the coast, it'll be the highlight of my day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Sophie's fast asleep waiting for santa. Bloody tired I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Maybe not the best place to wish people a Merry Christmas;) but I do hope you all get what you wish for and that things seem maybe a little better for people tomorrow.

dinorebel wrote: »
    Maybe not the best place to wish people a Merry Christmas;) but I do hope you all get what you wish for and that things seem maybe a little better for people tomorrow.
    Merry Christmas to you too . Also on my wishlist would be to talk to jj

Bah humbug? :)

I cannot be dealing with this whole family fued thing we've got going on. I can't choose a side. I know what side I want to choose but I care too much about spoiling the rest of their Christmases to take sides in what's a largely petty argument.

I hate family gatherings.

Roll on January 2nd when I can get back to work!

Happy Christmas to all. Half of me is loving it, the other half would love a few quiet days off with no one to bother me. This is supposed to be a break from work not an endurance test. Was up before 7 am and just getting to bed now.

Happy Christmas to all. Half of me is loving it, the other half would love a few quiet days off with no one to bother me. This is supposed to be a break from work not an endurance test. Was up before 7 am and just getting to bed now.
    Ditto. Up early & running around like a mad woman all day & only lying down now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

[QUOTE=Kaching;82370168 Also on my wishlist would be to talk to jj[/QUOTE]

If it was within my power, it would be yours. What can I say, other than I hope this guy is reading your post. Happy Christmas to you, K.

Going to try to get some rest before my nieces and nephews get up bright and early for Santa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Gillo wrote: »
    Only just got out to the folks house and hoping for a very quiet few days. Planning for going for a spin on the bike first thing tomorrow morning, nice cycle along the coast, it'll be the highlight of my day.
    cloud493 wrote: »
    Sophie's fast asleep waiting for santa. Bloody tired I am.
    dinorebel wrote: »
    Hersheys wrote: »
    Bah humbug? :)

I cannot be dealing with this whole family fued thing we've got going on. I can't choose a side. I know what side I want to choose but I care too much about spoiling the rest of their Christmases to take sides in what's a largely petty argument.

I hate family gatherings.

Roll on January 2nd when I can get back to work!

Merry Christmas to you all, and a very Happy New Year, and to everyone else on the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Only getting to bed now, minds been racing all night. Happy xmas all, be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Can't motivate myself to get up yet don't know why.

Happy Christmas to all here.

Hope we all make it through the day. Roll on bed time when it'll all be over.
    Such utter nonsence over a few hours and the pressure it puts on everyone.

noah45 wrote: »
    Can't motivate myself to get up yet don't know why.

Happy Christmas to all here.

Hope we all make it through the day. Roll on bed time when it'll all be over.
    Such utter nonsence over a few hours and the pressure it puts on everyone.
    Me neither im watching wily wonka in.bed . Oh the joys of smuggling by the radiator

I've been the opposite, up at 6:30, called to my ex's nice and early so my daughter could show me what she got from Santa. Then a nice cycle along part of the north Dublin, it was amazing really peaceful.
    Lol, tempted to head back to bed for a hour or so now.

Gillo wrote: »
    I've been the opposite, up at 6:30, called to my ex's nice and early so my daughter could show me what she got from Santa.

N'aww how old is she :)

Kaching wrote: »

N'aww how old is she :)
    She's eleven and still believe's in all the magic of christmas.

Yeah sophie loved her presents :D santa was generous at our house this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Haven't slept in three days, so I'm pretty wired. Can't handle the tradition of my parents crying over the fact that two of my siblings refuse to talk to them. Dinner then bed methinks. Happy christmas lads!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I keep telling myself it's just another day but my mind is whizzing like mad and the thoughts will get darker as the day does.. Bailey's coffee anyone?.

• Advertisement

I've been drinking tea all day :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement