Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

cloud493 wrote: »
    I've been drinking tea all day :)
    Im the same gorging on the biscuits too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

We've just been having nice food, picking at it really. I am partial to chocolate digestives though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

We've just been having nice food, picking at it really. I am partial to chocolate digestives though :p
    I prefer ginger nuts- lol, I must be a rebel.

Having a quiet one out in the folks, suits me grand.

Gillo wrote: »
    I prefer ginger nuts- lol, I must be a rebel.

Having a quiet one out in the folks, suits me grand.
    If ginger nuts could withstand the dunk you'd be hardcore :p

It's all to do with the technique, slide it in from the side not dunk.

• Advertisement

It's all to do with the technique, slide it in from the side not dunk.
    Lmao .oh the innuendo one could make from that

Lol!!! Instead of dunking if you "slide" the biscuit in to just the top of the mug so only one side gets wet it never breaks.
    But yeah I can see how my op did sound bad.

Lol!!! Instead of dunking if you "slide" the biscuit in to just the top of the mug so only one side gets wet it never breaks.
    But yeah I can see how my op did sound bad.
    Only one side eh ? Please stop im crying with laughter

Oh, yes it works.
    I think the idea is if one side stays dry it keeps it strenght and the biscuit doesn't break.

Oh, yes it works.
    I think the idea is if one side stays dry it keeps it strenght and the biscuit doesn't break.
    You're killing me here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Kaching wrote: »
    You're killing me here

Sitting beside my poor mother who can't figure out why I'm gigglin so much

Ok, someone go make a mug of tea and see if it works, I can't remember where I heard it.

neemish wrote: »
    Sitting beside my poor mother who can't figure out why I'm gigglin so much

you're giggling , my mother asked why im crying and going purple lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I have had pretty bad anxiety for the past few months now. Luckily no real depression for a long time until this weekend. Hate this time of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Ok, someone go make a mug of tea and see if it works, I can't remember where I heard it.
    Dunking is all about the trust & ability. Fine line but I know it well.

Caramel digestives are decent Dunkers.

Hersheys wrote: »
    Dunking is all about the trust & ability. Fine line but I know it well.

Caramel digestives are decent Dunkers.
    Of course they are .caraMel acts as a glue that holds the biscuit together

There's no worse thing then when you dunk a biscuit and it breaks in the tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Chilling out in bed and feeling guilty even though its stephens day, miserable weather, and im wrecked. What is it that i feel like i dont deserve even one lazy day??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Left the house today in between showers but scurried back after a bit. Couch and mindless tv for night. Glad yesterday is over, it always weighs heavily on my mind.. Just the 31st to get through now and back on track hopefully.

How are the rest of ye gettin on?.

Barely lasting , can't wait till Jan ... Just want this whole season to be over the idea of Buddhism is growing on me lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm lucky, i'm not very 'exposed' to the whole thing, don't have presents or cards to do and work remains the same, but the whole season has become over a month long these days which is horrendous..

What i wouldn't give to be you now

There's always someone better off and someone worse off, payback on me is a loneliness that can be a physical pain at times. Ongoing physical medical condition means i'm not much company anyway at times. Crosses to bear yada yada..

When will things return to the usual for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

There's no worse thing then when you dunk a biscuit and it breaks in the tea.

Scoop it out with a spoon! Bliss.

Me and Sophie were gonna go to newry today, see the sales. We made it over the border before we realized we couldn't be bothered, spent 4 hours in a service station. Pretty good time actually.

When will things return to the usual for you?

for me Jan when I see my doc , until then im not normal, do nothing in my world is but they usually say jan 8th is when the decorations should come down so as soon as i stop seeing them in the shops then normality can resume ,

how about you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Can any of you who have a lot of experience with anxiety tell me if this is `normal` ??

I`m new to all this tbh... Only recently had my anxiety identified, and havent been feeling great over Christmas. I'm having some physical symptoms like tingling in arms, pain in chest and pains up the back of my neck into my head. I had my heart checked recently - (ECG, ultrasound & 24hr heart monitor) and it's all fine. But i keep having thoughts like 'what if I just drop dead" or going to bed and not waking up in the morning - just constantly worrying about all this stuff. I'm not looking for medical advice and i know that physically I'm OK - I'm fit & healthy but i'll be heading back to the GP for a follow up in the new year.

Just wanted to know if other anxiety sufferers experience these kinds of physical symptoms too?

Things fairly the same for me year round really, can't predict my mood cycles or swings so any day can be good, ok, bad or a nightmare nothing external impacts too much anymore.

Things fairly the same for me year round really, can't predict my mood cycles or swings so any day can be good, ok, bad or a nightmare nothing external impacts too much anymore.
    My mood is not predictable either.

To the guy above with anxiety a common feature of the condition are the famous words what if

• Advertisement

Can any of you who have a lot of experience with anxiety tell me if this is `normal` ??

I`m new to all this tbh... Only recently had my anxiety identified, and havent been feeling great over Christmas. I'm having some physical symptoms like tingling in arms, pain in chest and pains up the back of my neck into my head. I had my heart checked recently - (ECG, ultrasound & 24hr heart monitor) and it's all fine. But i keep having thoughts like 'what if I just drop dead" or going to bed and not waking up in the morning - just constantly worrying about all this stuff. I'm not looking for medical advice and i know that physically I'm OK - I'm fit & healthy but i'll be heading back to the GP for a follow up in the new year.

Just wanted to know if other anxiety sufferers experience these kinds of physical symptoms too?

In short, yes and hell yes. Can get in a panic on nightshift and be convinced i won't survive it because i'll have a heart attack, then because i'm so anxious i'll actually have the physical pains in my arms or chest. A combination of medication and some meditation/distraction techniques help, but it's hard at times. Not impossible though!.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement