Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Apparently causes diabetes issues too cos of the sugar cravings. I won't miss it let's just say.
    Explains the chocolate cravings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Temaz wrote: »
    Awful headache from the zyprexa withdrawal.

I was taken off it in increments and first couple of times I came down I got severe racing thoughts for first couple of weeks, I was pulling all nighters lying in bed basically talking to the walls. Took a short period to get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Hersheys wrote: »
    Explains the chocolate cravings

Everything really. I didn't have any desire to eat junk food or drink fizzy drinks once I came off it.
    I was taken off it in increments and first couple of times I came down I got severe racing thoughts for first couple of weeks, I was pulling all nighters lying in bed basically talking to the walls. Took a short period to get over it.

Did your doctor prescribe a Xanax or anything for the comedown? Have to say I was a bit manic for a few months following no drug intake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Did your doctor prescribe a Xanax or anything for the comedown? Have to say I was a bit manic for a few months following no drug intake.

Nope I just soldiered through, I was surprised and delighted to be making progress, I thought he would have lowered my other meds but he took me off that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It's been a while (just over 2 years since I stopped taking anti-depressants), but cut myself a few times today. Just needed something to help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Have woken up the past two mornings feeling ok. Not brilliant and exhausted by this time of day but ok!

First time since the middle of December. Oh the relief is just so sweet

neemish wrote: »
    Have woken up the past two mornings feeling ok. Not brilliant and exhausted by this time of day but ok!

First time since the middle of December. Oh the relief is just so sweet
    Yeay :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Would appear that I need to be treat for anxiety and bad panic attacks along side Bipolar Disorder. Just came to terms with the idea that I can't deal with aggressive behaviour directed towards me and leaves me in a bad state of panic. Never associated what I was feeling with panic attacks before.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Itzy wrote: »
    Would appear that I need to be treat for anxiety and bad panic attacks along side Bipolar Disorder. Just came to terms with the idea that I can't deal with aggressive behaviour directed towards me and leaves me in a bad state of panic. Never associated what I was feeling with panic attacks before.
    High five sista join the club. we bake cookies :)

This insomnia lark is killing my buzz. The zyprexa should have me knocked out but here I am wide awake. Have a few lexotan here, considering taking one to see if it'd help... I've such a cocktail of drugs inside me tho that I don't know if its worth it :-/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I really want to go back to the times when I was depressed for no reason. It's so much worse when you have an actual reason to be depressed. Especially when you can do absolutely nothing about that reason.

I wish I was never born.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Blaaaah. I've drank a bottle of wine tonight by myself. Thinking about stuff just makes me want to drink. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Just experienced my worst panic attack ever. I collapsed and almost blacked out. It felt quite scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Was out tonight in town and I suppose I can't believe how far removed from reality I am. All it would take would be for one person who I don't expect to talk to me to talk to me. I know its not that uncommon but I just felt a million miles away from the normal social world. Really felt like I was out and space, and I suppose I know that it'll always be like this. I don't think I'm going to have another new friend/relationship for the rest of my life.

I've pretty much accepted it's all a farce but I still remember when I was a kid before things changed and I was integrated then, I don't know how I've lost so much. I really don't even feel human any more, it'd be worrying if it wasn't for the fact that I'm completely detached.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Was out too Jimmy, bailed out early. Couldn't stay long with anyone because the mask wan't staying on my face too well.. And now i don't want to go to work which is worrying because that's usually my stable bit of the week..

How's everyone else doing?

Seemed to have evened out today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I had a fairly uncomfortable experience on friday, but not my doing. Wound seems to be healing ok as well, so not bad.

:(

Just :(

Been in a constant state of panic since 6 this eve, nothing is working for it :(

You'll get through it Hersheys. Is there anyone with you? If you can't handle it all that well, I'd try lying down and listening to some chill out music and some slow, deep and calm breathes until you feel slightly better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Silly question, but humour me!
    What would be considered a normal drink for a woman around 30 to order in a pub?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

phi3 wrote: »
    Silly question, but humour me!
    What would be considered a normal drink for a woman around 30 to order in a pub?

Coors light, Vodka and coke or a gin and tonic IMO :L

I'm 26 & would drink pints of beer unless there's a craft beer I'm drinking that's only in bottles.

Friends drink the same, glasses of wine, bottles of corona, spirit & mixer or the odd one or two who'll drink Guinness.

It really depends on the pub & the situation I'm drinking in tho!!! If its a quiet drink of an afternoon watching a game I will have a smithwicks.

I guess there's no normal drink for me!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

No rules, i'm a few years older, also female but it's guinness all the way for me.. Sod it, i spend enough time worrying about everything, i won't change drink for appearances sake..

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ladyblackadder

I agree that there's no set drink for any age group. When I go out, which is rare nowadays, I could have anything from a glass of red wine to a Wkd Blue. Drink what you like best and if you're not sure what that is, just try things out according to your mood. It's like most of life...there is no right or wrong answer.

I know there's no right answer but it would be good to know what I can ask for that will not lead to any questions or comments. If I don't know what to ask for in advance I'll never go anywhere.

Starting to even out finally. Still not on mood stabilisers yet, so I don't know how long it will be beofre my mood fluxuates again.

I know there's no right answer but it would be good to know what I can ask for that will not lead to any questions or comments. If I don't know what to ask for in advance I'll never go anywhere.
    I think that might depend on the company you keep, some people will comment on everything, but if you ask for anything with a level of confidence, it should not be questioned. We all have different tastes and that should be respected. Do you know what you like to drink?

I think that might depend on the company you keep, some people will comment on everything, but if you ask for anything with a level of confidence, it should not be questioned. We all have different tastes and that should be respected. Do you know what you like to drink?

I'm not sure I'm not overly fussy. I know some things I like. I'll never go out anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.

I'm not sure I'm not overly fussy. I know some things I like. I'll never go out anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.
    No harm in being prepared. Pick something you would like to try and have the plan to order it the next time you go out. Just a suggestion though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

not good the last few days. ive already eaten two family packs of chocolate and done some thing silly....only small but still silly.

im sick to my teeth of it all. sick of people and they're stupid mindless problems.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement