Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

Glad to hear things have worked out.

I know what you mean about stress, it zapped me bug time recently.

Horrible nights sleep and now I have to go into work, ugh. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Chiquitita

Aw no, did you get any sleep at all? Ive started drinking camomile with spiced apple tea before bed and I have to say it relaxes me...it's quite tasty too :p

Yeah, although getting soaked to the bone on the way to work woke me up.

I have camomile tea, must start drinking it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

My panic attacks are back. The worst have been compulsion related but also had them for no reason. This is all over the last two days, never had them that regularly before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

so unmotivated. felt a bit of dread this morning, but all the rain wouldnt have helped that. Feel weird cos I'm not too busy - but have had a crazy couple of weeks at my desk and will be away for a few days at the end of next week so I guess I just feel like I have a narrow window to get new stuff done in. I just have a big lack of confidence at the mo - am possibly stupidly planning a busy Friday - sometimes I like having loads to do and being on the clock cos I dont have time to procrastinate then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Sorry to hear about that KB. Fingers crossed it'll pass soon for you.

Feel very similar Stinkle.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Got letter from hospital today telling me i'm discharged, i doubt i'd even have got that if i didn't call.. Well take this admin, doc tomorrow for another referral..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Do any of you guys smoke? This is my third day off them and I find staying away from them is actually really good for my anxiety. I haven't been near as bad as I usually am now that I've quit. This could be the time I finally quit for good :D

Do any of you guys smoke? This is my third day off them and I find staying away from them is actually really good for my anxiety. I haven't been near as bad as I usually am now that I've quit. This could be the time I finally quit for good :D

I smoke yeah. I'm not too sure they actually do anything for my anxiety. I would love to give them the kick once and for all. Fingers crossed for you NC that you manage to quit :)

• Advertisement

Last time I quit smoking (yes I've quit more than once :o) was because it was causing me to get more panic attacks. I quit in in July (or thereabouts) and until this week had only had one full on attack since then. You're three times more likely to get panic attacks if you smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭jimboblep

Last time I quit smoking (yes I've quit more than once :o) was because it was causing me to get more panic attacks. I quit in in July (or thereabouts) and until this week had only had one full on attack since then. You're three times more likely to get panic attacks if you smoke.

very true i never realised they increase your heart rate not lower it
    so, counter intuitive you think your calming yourself down but your actually making it worse so you reach for another one

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

No sleepies again, oh well, webcomics for a while until eyes are tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Hey guys,

anyone know the price for 90mg Cymbalta?

Ta, N.

Neemish, you'll have to call a few pharmacies i think. But should be pretty cheap now, my prozac plummeted in price recently, pay about 25 euro a month, on 60mg a day.

It's quiet here, how is everyone doing?

It's quiet here, how is everyone doing?

Not too shabby here G. How are you?

Alright, working a LOT over weekend so hopefully my mood won't dip too badly at any point because it's so painful to work when down.. Impossible to ignore this valentine's day crap though.. :(

Alright, working a LOT over weekend so hopefully my mood won't dip too badly at any point because it's so painful to work when down.. Impossible to ignore this valentine's day crap though.. :(

I know, they really plaster it everywhere.

Still, did the after hours boardsie match thing for a laugh.

Sorry ye're down about Valentine's. I'm not too bothered about it but then I'm constantly single. And good luck with work Grem.

Mood wise I've been doing really good this week. I haven't had happy as my default setting in a long time. It's weird since my compulsions and panic attacks are worse than ever. I'm not complaining though, although I'm sceptical of just how long it will last.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Im in wat I can only describe as "scatty" form. Anxious trembly hands ECT.
    Pretty sure my monthly cycle( sorry men) has an awful lot to do with how I cope with my depression moods and anxiety.
    The weather isn't helping I need daylight :-)
    Valentines is a load of bollix guys pay no heed to it. Postman was very busy with me today delivering.....bills lol. Happier to be single than in love less relationship x

I haven't done any of the stuff I should have done for therapy Tuesday. Don't know if o should still go. Been too all over the place and preoccupied

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Valentines day was actually not crap for once. Things are coming up Milhouse :L

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Chiquitita

Going away tomorrow for 2 nights. It'll be my first real time leaving the house since the start of this "episode". Im very anxious and a bit jittery. Worries as usual doing marathons in my mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Chiquitita wrote: »
    Going away tomorrow for 2 nights. It'll be my first real time leaving the house since the start of this "episode". Im very anxious and a bit jittery. Worries as usual doing marathons in my mind

where you off to chiquitita? Try to relax and go with it(easier said than done I know) hope you have a great time I know you will :-) be looking forward to hearing how you got on. Take it in your stride x

Chiquitita wrote: »

Best of luck Chiquititia! Hope it goes well! :)

Anxious and down and going out for a friend's birthday. Going out can help since I usually feel better in social situations but there's someone there I really don't want to see. As long as he'll leave me alone it might be okay but I'm not sure if he will. Last time I saw him I ended up in tears this time I'm not as down so I might just end up screaming at him...actually I quite like the idea of that.

Anxious and down and going out for a friend's birthday. Going out can help since I usually feel better in social situations but there's someone there I really don't want to see. As long as he'll leave me alone it might be okay but I'm not sure if he will. Last time I saw him I ended up in tears this time I'm not as down so I might just end up screaming at him...actually I quite like the idea of that.

Avoid him if you can KB and if not, tell him to go fupp himself! :D

I hope you have a good time out tonight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Anybody ever come off zispin? I'm off them 2 days now and I have anxiety but it's not too bad. Just wondering if any others have done this? Thanks

lukesmom wrote: »
    Anybody ever come off zispin? I'm off them 2 days now and I have anxiety but it's not too bad. Just wondering if any others have done this? Thanks

Is that mirtazapine Lukesmom? I was told to cease taking that a few weeks back. I didn't notice anything drastic coming off them I must say.

Hopefully the anxiety will clear up for you shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Is that mirtazapine Lukesmom? I was told to cease taking that a few weeks back. I didn't notice anything drastic coming off them I must say.

Hopefully the anxiety will clear up for you shortly.

Yeah mirtazapine that's good to hear, were you on them long?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement