Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

gah just need to vent! I've been trying to sort a work issue myself for the last few days without involving one of the bullies. Not for any reason other than their modus operandi is to be really obstructive and unhelpful - never giving a straight answer for example. I bit the bullet and emailed a question only to be fobbed off. It was the type of situation where someone could really help or just not bother and it was the latter. Not sure why I'm annoyed as I knew this would happen, and it's actually hilarious to see such a predictable response. I don;t like how it makes me feel I guess, that certain people feel it's ok to act this way with me (it wouldnt happen with other staff members).

Anyway, tried to deal with it as well as possible. Our boss is away which is why this is complicated, but I forwarded the email to them along with my original query, so hopefully I'll a) get the info I need and b) they'll see just how unhelpful this member of staff really is. I rang rather than emailed the person I need the info for and they were lovely actually, which really helps.

I'm annoyed that another person made me feel less than 100%.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

How is everyone today? I'm here with my tea feeling stuffed up, but enjoying the peace at home..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Feeling fine now but had a horrible panic attack in a lecture this morning. Ending up getting sick which had never happened before.

First counseling session booked for next Thursday. Of course all my lectures for that day ended up being cancelled so now going in just for my appointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

Feel very much alone today, another bad day, getting more frequent now. I've no job post redundancy, no social life, live with a pensioner, no motivation left, slipped disc in my back again so can't exercise now. I feel beaten.

Cos I desperately don't want to go back on anti'd's again I'm going to see a bio-energy therapist tomorrow, I'll try anything at this stage, has anyone else tried this? It's only 4 years since the last depressive episode and I swore back then I'd do everything not to let myself get to this stage but circumstances are sometimes too much. I feel mentally weak today

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Feeling fine now but had a horrible panic attack in a lecture this morning. Ending up getting sick which had never happened before.

First counseling session booked for next Thursday. Of course all my lectures for that day ended up being cancelled so now going in just for my appointment.

Nasty dose that.. I don't get panic attacks luckily, i get extremely anxious but nothing as severe as you. Fingers crossed for the counselling, let us know how it goes..

• Advertisement

Birdster wrote: »
    Feel very much alone today, another bad day, getting more frequent now. I've no job post redundancy, no social life, live with a pensioner, no motivation left, slipped disc in my back again so can't exercise now. I feel beaten.

Cos I desperately don't want to go back on anti'd's again I'm going to see a bio-energy therapist tomorrow, I'll try anything at this stage, has anyone else tried this? It's only 4 years since the last depressive episode and I swore back then I'd do everything not to let myself get to this stage but circumstances are sometimes too much. I feel mentally weak today

But you can't control depressive episodes. Can you help elevate your mood sometimes, yes, but depression is cause by a chemical imbalance in your brain so it has nothing to do with mental strength.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Glad to hear you're doing good there G. Sometimes a bit of peace is just what you need.

KB, so sorry to hear about that experience. Have been there myself before.

Birdster, hang on in there. Things will improve for you. I've never had that kind of therapy myself but hopefully it'll do the trick for you. :)

Phone keeps ringing with a private number, has me very on edge.. I know that seems minor but it does freak me out a bit.

Phone keeps ringing with a private number, has me very on edge.. I know that seems minor but it does freak me out a bit.

I'm kinda the same with private numbers. I generally don't answer them. I hate talking on the phone at all to be honest.

I don't like phone calls. Can't see the person, it makes me nervous because i don't know if the other person is engaged in the conversation.. Have an edge of paranoia all the time that ruins a lot of social interactions..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

I started getting stressed this morning. There is a girl at work with the most irritating voice I have ever heard and what's worse is that it seems like she loves the sound of it. I had to listen to it for about 4 hours straight as she was sat near my desk.

It took me a while to wind down last night after I left work and then I remembered this morning so started feeling stressed. Added to that, the guy who trains me is off today and of course stuff starts going wrong and I Haven't a clue about it. Although the training has been very sporadic and not very in depth so I feel like I have learnt very little. It massively frustrates me that others expect me to do stuff and I don't know how as I haven't been trained properly.

I am glad I am leaving next week to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

My mind is racing again today thinking of my worthlessness in life. Was supposed to go out for dinner tonight I bailed out. The thought of crowded restaurant and pubs was too much.
    tomorrow another day eh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

I don't like phone calls. Can't see the person, it makes me nervous because i don't know if the other person is engaged in the conversation.. Have an edge of paranoia all the time that ruins a lot of social interactions..

I can't even make a phone call to somebody I don't no.

Stupid waking up early, grrrr.

Feeling bad again now. Exhausted keeping negative thinking at bay. It crept in through a few dreams during the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Chiquitita

Hello everyone x

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Level of anxiety is gone through the roof these past few weeks. Haven't had a drink in years, but the last few mornings I feel like I've woken with an awful hangover. (Throbbing headache, feeling drained, dry mouth and blurred vision all lasting for an hour or two) Still unemployed since September and now things are getting worse. Money is so tight, I can barely afford to attend interviews around the Country due to travel costs. That and my previous employer won't sort my USC so I can obtain a P21 and claim back tax for last year, despite repeated emails and contact with revenue.

Chiquitita wrote: »
    Hello everyone x

Welcome back :)

Feeling bad again now. Exhausted keeping negative thinking at bay. It crept in through a few dreams during the night.

Woke up with a quare bit of anxiety this morning myself.
    Chiquitita wrote: »
    Hello everyone x

How'd you get on away Miss C?
    Itzy wrote: »
    Level of anxiety is gone through the roof these past few weeks. Haven't had a drink in years, but the last few mornings I feel like I've woken with an awful hangover. (Throbbing headache, feeling drained, dry mouth and blurred vision all lasting for an hour or two) Still unemployed since September and now things are getting worse. Money is so tight, I can barely afford to attend interviews around the Country due to travel costs. That and my previous employer won't sort my USC so I can obtain a P21 and claim back tax for last year, despite repeated emails and contact with revenue.

Sorry to hear about that Itzy. Hang on in here my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Chiquitita

Hey,

Had a lovely time away, found myself panicking a bit but was able to shut myself up and get distracted. Last few days my mind has been doing somersaults again.
    My counselor has been really good and I tell her things I wouldnt speak about usually but i'd love go asleep for a few days and wake up without whatever it is that I have.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Saturday night with my hot water bottle is ideal!

• Advertisement

I want to exist to live
    Not live to exist

I want to feel emotion, tired of trying

Want to curl up in bed and have a day of nothingness but have to go hand out surveys at a market for a project which is making my anxiety worse and my mum keeps at me to go now which is making it all worse and I hate college so very much right now. I know the sooner I go the sooner it's over but I hate phoning strangers let alone approaching them in person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

1601190_1538635656361684_1489749021_n.jpg

You can't always get what you want
    But if you try sometimes
    You might find
    You get what you need

Flood gates opened can't stop crying. Im lonely and sad.

Had to watch The Departed for Ethics. Feeling really triggered by the ending. Don't know how I'm going to sleep now.

Depending the film I'm assigned for my own presentation I might need to talk to my Ethics lecturer (who's also the class tutor). ****. Don't want to be the depressed girl. I don't care when people who know me know I have depression because they know me therefore they see past it. She doesn't know me all that well so I'm just going to be an illness to her. **** this ****.

Edit: Exhausted but feeling better today. We do get a say in the film we present on so that should be okay. However the film we're meant to watch for next week does sound like it may be triggering. I suppose at the end of the day if I have to tell her, I have to tell her. It's better she know if I have an issue than struggling in silence. Also she's a pretty intelligent woman who seems to have some idea abou psychology (based on some thing she's referenced in class) so she might react better than some.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while.

Does anyone have any experience on how long the side effects of Prozac last? I'm only on 10mg of liquid for the past week but the dizziness hit me straight away and the whole road was spinning while I was on the bus home today. I've also been feeling nauseous for the first time today, and I've had nosebleeds since I started taking the medication.

I know the effects change for every person, but on average should this go away in 1 or 2 more weeks? I'm trying to study for my Leaving Cert.

Ugh feeling really low this evening. Class trip to Dublin tomorrow & staying overnight. Everything paid but really don't know if I can handle it. I hate how up and down my moods are lately. At least when I was constantly low I knew what to expect.

• Advertisement

Does anyone ever feel numb, just not being able to cry or have any emotion left? It's just an empty hollow feeling, spent the last 4 days in bed just numb with depression, never felt like this before

Yup, only in recent months starting feeling low. Before that I always felt numb and like I'd never feel happy again.

Decided to go on the trip. If worst comes to worse I'll just get an early bus home.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement