Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ecoone

Hi pudzey, As far as I know, 0.25mg is the lowest dosage in tablet form available for that medication. However, it is a powerful substance and prolonged use of it can lead to tolerance (you can become addicted to it) and a variety of other problems. Usually it is prescribed short term. If your GP has prescribed it long term then you may want to talk to him or her about the long term effects and consider other treatments that he or she can offer.

Immediate side effects can include drowsiness, slowed reactions and loss of balance, so driving would be a problem. Also be careful if cooking or trying to navigate your way in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Cheers ecoone , iv just a tablet phobia and have to research it to the end of the earth before i swallow it :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Feeling extremely numb the last few days, the only other feeling has been an empty/lonely feeling. That usually gets worse at work these days because of the situation in there in relation to job security..

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Chiquitita

I overheard a conversation between my mam and a neighbour today. He was talking about different things like the lovely view from our kitchen window, looking forward to daffodils being in his garden and other stuff (positive happy stuff) and all I felt was dread or some other bleak emotion.

Is it right that the only time im truly happy is when im asleep? Does anyone else feel like this?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Chiquitita wrote: »
    I overheard a conversation between my mam and a neighbour today. He was talking about different things like the lovely view from our kitchen window, looking forward to daffodils being in his garden and other stuff (positive happy stuff) and all I felt was dread or some other bleak emotion.

Is it right that the only time im truly happy is when im asleep? Does anyone else feel like this?

When i perceive someone as too 'chirpy' for my mood i can feel resentful, nearly even angry. The other night i couldn't sleep and these birds were tweeting away and i felt like roaring out the window for them to shut the eff up.. :o

• Advertisement

Haha that's gas...do it and give us a laugh! I've said this loads of times and it's so obvious that everyone would be the same but...if I could only switch off certain thoughts in my head i'm pretty sure I could be and do anything I wanted to. These worries constantly hold me back.

Sigh. Counting down the minutes to bedtime isn't the way to spend the days.

Seems to be a pretty constant clock watching thing this illness. When can i go hide again, when is it polite to walk away, when can i get out of work, it's existing not living..

Wouldnt it be great if we could just...SNAP OUT OF IT!

Phrases that i hate and yet wish i could take heed of.. Working in just over six hours, sleep deprivation here we come..

And away I go, not a wink had. Woo. I'll check in with all of ye later.

• Advertisement

Hope today is going ok x

It's a struggle and I still have about twelve hours to go, but at least I'll be out of this place around eight or nine..

How is everyone else doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

To feel normal?! What is normal. What is it to feel at peace or to feel stable.
    Why is it those of us with the most caring hearts care the least about ourselves?
    Gonna pick up that phone Monday and get back to counselling I have let it lapse for a few weeks I have a lot of questions I need rationalized...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I've been referred to some psych place on monday by college. Kinda nervous.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I've been referred to some psych place on monday by college. Kinda nervous.

Nervous is ok - I'll be thinking of you.

Handbagmad - do pick up the phone sounds like you're thinking in way that might be helpful to you with counselling, hope you get an appointment quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 chicki

May I ask if anyone has had any experience taking quetiapine. I started taking them on Saturday night. A dose of 25mg (to be increased by 25mg every 4th night till I reach 100mg)

Saturday night I took at 3am as I had been out but no alcohol taken. I slept till 12 on Sunday morning. I felt very refreshed on Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed my sleep. I had a lazy day as I was quite groggy. But that was fine too.

So last night I took my pill at 9pm and headed for bed at 10.30 only to wake at about midnight. I was awake all night. No further sleep was achieved. But here's the thing I don't feel like I haven't slept I feel giddy and hyper with thoughts racing in my head.

I'm new to this whole bipolar disorder and am wondering if this is usual. I'm not looking for medical advice I plan on speaking with my GP later as I haven't gotten my referral to a psychiatrist yet.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

chicki wrote: »
    So last night I took my pill at 9pm and headed for bed at 10.30 only to wake at about midnight. I was awake all night. No further sleep was achieved. But here's the thing I don't feel like I haven't slept I feel giddy and hyper with thoughts racing in my head.

I'm new to this whole bipolar disorder and am wondering if this is usual. I'm not looking for medical advice I plan on speaking with my GP later as I haven't gotten my referral to a psychiatrist yet.

Thanks in advance.

I'm no expert and don't have bipolar disorder myself but from what I know it sounds like you're experiencing mania which is a normal part of bipolar disorder.

No matter how uneventful my weekend has been Mondays are always seriously black for me. Really do not want to be in college right now but missed too many to go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

bah monday. like you say KB, no matter how uneventful the weekend, monday is always a bummer. I'm doing ok - was away for the job interview, which I havent heard back from and was an experience in itself. It was tough but looking back i think id like to work there. It was a crazy trip in the sense that it became real that I may end up moving, and all the associated upset with that.

But I had a lovely time with myself for company. I wrote after xmas that I felt no general anxiety over that break, and the same goes for my trip away (aside from nerves on the morning of the interview, understandably). This speaks volumes, as my current job clearly is the main problem and I need to escape it. I'm still in limbo I guess (still!) as don't know how the interview went yet so can't plan anything like quitting. I have a project to finish but am a bit apathetic about it and a bit paralysed about getting back into the work. Am a bit tired and jetlagged still so am consoling myself that it's ok to feel a bit meh. Also have a dental prob so again I know I'm not 100% and not to put too much pressure on myself. I know I'm not right cos I always do silly things when jetlagged like lose stuff and I spent ages today trying to find "lost" things at home. I've promised myself I'll go home early if it all gets too much as I'm sick on top of it all.

I feel a bit overwhelmed with some personal stuff too, and am trying to avoid a row but feel that my feelings are being sidelined. I'm trying hard not to explode over it and make things worse, but keeping a lid on isnt helping either. I might enquire about a counsellors appointment this week or next. I'm ok, and looking forward to getting back to exercise too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Nervous is ok - I'll be thinking of you.

Handbagmad - do pick up the phone sounds like you're thinking in way that might be helpful to you with counselling, hope you get an appointment quickly.

Thanks, it went ok :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Extremely tired the last two days. Everything is an effort. Just want to sleep my brains out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Sigh. One of my relatives is a very kind lovely person. I have quite a dry wit and I am quite sarcastic. I also like what she would consider to be edgy films and books. So I've basically toned down my personality when I'm around her and I don't talk about anything that I think she might see as challenging (disagreement on politics or books) or crack jokes that she might take personally even though I don't intend to offend her.

She's very restless and always needs to be planning events and going out. Whereas I like going out a few times but I also like spending time alone, watching dvds, reading and writing. She asked me to go to an event with her recently as she thinks I need to get out more but I didn't feel that way at all! and I had actually been to other social events last week so it's not like I needed to go out. I went and now I'm tied in to going to the next event because it would be rude not to and I don't want to go! I feel like I've taken the time to understand her and adjust to her personality but she hasn't done the same. :(

cloudatlas wrote: »
    I feel like I've taken the time to understand her and adjust to her personality but she hasn't done the same. :(

totally agree. How stressful/difficult will the next one be? If you do go wth her you'll be forewarned that she is likely to commit you to another thing after that, so maybe go and have some excuses prepared for the next time. I had a friend like that and it was so stressful trying not to hurt her feelings but avoid going to lots of stuff you arent able for.

today is muck. I feel like crap and am so so trapped. I got a reply from the boss of the job I went for, but it was totally non-committal so I have no idea if I have it or not. of course I freaked, thinking it was a PFO (I would actually prefer that to this stupid limbo). OH and a couple of friends agree it's not a total disaster, and advised me to wait a week or two then get in touch again if I hear nothing. I tried to apply for a different job just there but there was a stupid system prob :(

as a result my original bad feeling in work has gotten worse cos I feel truly stuck here and cant afford to quit right now. I have no idea where my life is going, but I know I have no future in this country. Am gonna write my thoughts down in a minute and try to get some motivation. I have a presentation later on in the week that Im stressed over too, and was upset after an exchange with a difficult colleague yesterday. although on the positive side something snapped and I gave as good as I got with them (conflict and standing up for myself are not my forte). I just had enough on without them taking out their issues on me.

Was very teary at home this morning and made appointment for a weeks time with therapist. I'm going through a lot right now and need the support. Exercise class later might help, I wasnt able to go last week so need to let off steam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Im in a bad state today.

I just feel like crying today. I had a great day yesterday and then today i just feel like absolute **** and im letting my insecurities get to me. Its like im not good enough or pretty enough for anyone.

herisson wrote: »
    Im in a bad state today.

I just feel like crying today. I had a great day yesterday and then today i just feel like absolute **** and im letting my insecurities get to me. Its like im not good enough or pretty enough for anyone.
    So sorry you're feeling like that, its extra horrible when you've had a good day. Sounds like other people have gotten to you today, try not to care about their standards, we're all the best we can be and some days are more challenging than others

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

stinkle wrote: »

today is muck. I feel like crap and am so so trapped. I got a reply from the boss of the job I went for, but it was totally non-committal so I have no idea if I have it or not. of course I freaked, thinking it was a PFO (I would actually prefer that to this stupid limbo). OH and a couple of friends agree it's not a total disaster, and advised me to wait a week or two then get in touch again if I hear nothing. I tried to apply for a different job just there but there was a stupid system prob :(

That's really unfair of them to leave you hanging like that. Companies have way too much control nowadays, they mess people around. Hopefully they let you know soon.

Does anyone here experience physical symptoms that are associated with depression?

Today I felt extremely run down and even had difficulty focussing my eyes at times. I have had other issues such as unexplained pain. I went to my GP, who gave me a general checkup and even tested me for diabetes. Everything came back perfectly healthy, so she suggested that it could be a physical manifestation of my mental health issues.

Of course I'm happy that I got a clean bill of health though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 hudsonn

Karsini wrote: »
    Does anyone here experience physical symptoms that are associated with depression?

Today I felt extremely run down and even had difficulty focussing my eyes at times. I have had other issues such as unexplained pain. I went to my GP, who gave me a general checkup and even tested me for diabetes. Everything came back perfectly healthy, so she suggested that it could be a physical manifestation of my mental health issues.

Of course I'm happy that I got a clean bill of health though.

Welcome to my world Karsini!

I've been suffering this type of thing for just over a year now. The mind is a powerful thing and can actually start to affect you physically. I get a lot of random pains in my lower back and also my abdomen. This of course feeds into your cycle of worry / stress / depression etc so it really needs to be dealt with.

CBT, Mindfulness and exercise seem to help.

Mood generally good. Compulsions, very bad. I don't carry out my compulsions, something bad could happen. I carry out my compulsions, it my fault bad things happened. I can't win.

• Advertisement

Mood generally good. Compulsions, very bad. I don't carry out my compulsions, something bad could happen. I carry out my compulsions, it my fault bad things happened. I can't win.

:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement