Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Day at a time and all that I guess. Still a bit rattled after last Tuesday - but maybe the fright of how close I came to ending it all could be good since I have been thinking in a more reflective rather than negative manner since. I'm not naive I know there'll be other lows but maybe my mind is a little better able now.

Well it sounds like you're after gaining a good understanding there G.

I've had a bit of ideation myself recently. We can't let that kinda thinking get hold of us though because it can fester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Just popping on to say hello,Hope all are doing ok x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm falling so far behind in college I'm gonna fail again

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Feeling like shít the past few day. Have a bit of a flu and was told it was worth my time applying for work by a recruiter. Starting to perk up a bit tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm falling so far behind in college I'm gonna fail again

Have you tried talking to anyone? I know it's hard but I talked to my class tutor this week since I felt like I was in danger of falling behind and it really is a weight off.

• Advertisement

Sick and tired.
    Literally!!!!!!!

I have a feeling this may be controversial but it's my favourite description of living with depression.

(The word matches is bolded 'cause I used a twitter search programme, it's not in the original tweet.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Hoping to make that call tomorrow...
    Wish me luck... :(:o

Have you tried talking to anyone? I know it's hard but I talked to my class tutor this week since I felt like I was in danger of falling behind and it really is a weight off.

No not yet. I dunno what to say :(

cloud493 wrote: »
    No not yet. I dunno what to say :(
    I didn't know what to say but I just said I had depression and then explained how it affected/might affect my work. You don't need to include personal details, just the relevant stuff. I can PM you the initial email I sent if you like?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Heyo cloud - I have said this before on this thread so I'm sorry if I'm wrecking your heads - have you tried writing down some stuff. When I initially went to mine I brought a kind of letter thing where I had scribbled things for the previous week.. Thoughts, symptoms, reactions and so on.. Good thing I did too. I went to the office fit to spill everything but the waiting room took all the venom out of me so I just ended up pushing the paper at him. Worked out good though..

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Chiquitita

Has anyone ever read The Power of Now? Willing to try anything at this stage!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

phi3 wrote: »
    Hoping to make that call tomorrow...
    Wish me luck... :(:o

Hope you manage it.. You'll be in my thoughts..

I didn't know what to say but I just said I had depression and then explained how it affected/might affect my work. You don't need to include personal details, just the relevant stuff. I can PM you the initial email I sent if you like?

If you wouldn't mind, I'd be very grateful :)

Weather apt for my mood today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cbc78

I am facing a decision in overcoming depression, use antidepressants or alternatives. I have spoken to my doctor about the pro's and con's of using antidepressants however, I would like to know people's perceptions and thoughts on their effectiveness and possible side effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The myth re depression being a chemical imbalance has been exposed in the US for the big pharma scam it always was so this may colour views.

Plenty online on this now; drugwatch

The only real benefit I ever had was that I slept some! But then I had ME not depression.

How are you all getting on?. I haven't slept much, again, so tonight's shift will be hard.. I'm nervous of a mood crash, pretty sure i can feel it coming and i've yet to figure out a way to prevent that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,321 ✭✭✭✭Esel

cbc78 wrote: »
    I am facing a decision in overcoming depression, use antidepressants or alternatives. I have spoken to my doctor about the pro's and con's of using antidepressants however, I would like to know people's perceptions and thoughts on their effectiveness and possible side effects.
    My 2c is that AD drugs have their place, as do alternatives such as CBT. ADs can help you get to the stage that you can face into counselling. You should expect to be on them for at least 6 months though, often longer. Side-effects vary depending on the drug itself. Many side-effects are temporary. Your doctor should fill you in, and monitor your progress and dosage. I'm not advising you to go on ADs, but I'm not advising you not to either!
    Graces7 wrote: »
    The myth re depression being a chemical imbalance has been exposed in the US for the big pharma scam it always was so this may colour views.

Plenty online on this now; drugwatch

The only real benefit I ever had was that I slept some! But then I had ME not depression.
    Were you taking ADs for ME? :confused:

Not your ornery onager

I was with the psych again today, she's very concerned apparently. I never know what to say.b

• Advertisement

I know all about this cloud. I never know what to say so instead I just act like everything's ok even though on the inside i'm in bits. It's exhausting!

Chiquitita wrote: »
    I know all about this cloud. I never know what to say so instead I just act like everything's ok even though on the inside i'm in bits. It's exhausting!

this is the reason why I find it really hard to stick with therapy appointments. I act jolly and a head of common sense when Im in there when really im tormented.
    I really wish he would just pick my brain down to get out the demons i can't bring to the surface.

Such an absolute balls isnt it! How are you today?

To try distract myself from the weird and wacky world of my daily obsessive frightening thoughts I decided i'd go back out into the dating world. Met a guy, thought we hit it off, he seemed really into me, and now he seems to have vanished. So trying to do "everyday" things has also made me feel worse. Not taking a chance with the dating lark again now for a while.

Chiquitita wrote: »
    Such an absolute balls isnt it! How are you today?

To try distract myself from the weird and wacky world of my daily obsessive frightening thoughts I decided i'd go back out into the dating world. Met a guy, thought we hit it off, he seemed really into me, and now he seems to have vanished. So trying to do "everyday" things has also made me feel worse. Not taking a chance with the dating lark again now for a while.

it is balls yeah. Its costing me €70 every session have had 5 so far don't feel any different.
    At least you tried dating im sorry it didn't work out. I miss the hugs n cuddles from relationship sometimes all you need is a hug n not words.
    Don't worry bout not doing every day things. Barely managing to brush my teeth let alone shower. Disgusting i know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Tired of constantly being depressed and anxious, have somehow managed to find myself a limitless supply of tramadol. Which completely relaxes both issues as well as having me nicely buzzed the whole time.
    Can't see my liver thanking me at the rate I'm taking them though

handbagmad wrote: »
    it is balls yeah. Its costing me €70 every session have had 5 so far don't feel any different.
    At least you tried dating im sorry it didn't work out. I miss the hugs n cuddles from relationship sometimes all you need is a hug n not words.
    Don't worry bout not doing every day things. Barely managing to brush my teeth let alone shower. Disgusting i know

Not disgusting at all, I only do it when I HAVE to, like when im going to see the therapist etc. Usually I shower twice a day, well before Christmas when I had some sort of control over the black dog. Wont be trying the dating again, i'll keep my own company!

Are you getting any sleep these days?

Five more hours and I'm done.. Then I can go home and hug the dog. I'm one of those that has totally given up on dating or that craic. Well to be more truthful I never really started. I feel like I'd be inflicting myself on someone. If I find myself hard work what would someone else think?

Five more hours and I'm done.. Then I can go home and hug the dog. I'm one of those that has totally given up on dating or that craic. Well to be more truthful I never really started. I feel like I'd be inflicting myself on someone. If I find myself hard work what would someone else think?

Well we never have the right perception of ourselves do we.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

I NEED HELP!

I'm lasting 20 mins in work and leaving over massive terror attacks.

Today is positive I am still here but this constant anxiety is not good at all, I am fit for bed now.

I am on heavy meds for PND (mainly anxiety and panic) could not leave the house etc and work is mainly the only place I feel so bad now.

I usually come here for a break!!!

Sick of going from doctor to psychiatrist to counsellor.

Help me someone......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Today I was getting thoughts and thinking what if I do take an overdose?

The thought alone freaked me out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement