Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Hey, sorry you;'re feeling like this. It's ok if work is getting on top of you, but I understand that it must be weird if you go there to get a break.

Why are the overdose thoughts so freaky? Is it a serious consideration?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

I do - work is usually mellow and I get my work done at a grand pace.

I think with having to leave work last week a few days work mounted up on me and I only ended up getting panic attacks over what needed to be done.

The thoughts were there aswell on Saturday night or Friday night when someone spoke about depression on the tv. I got a panic attack as I was afraid I would take a load of pills! I kept having to go to the kitchen (where my pills are) and then I was thinking my God is this a sign. I was so afraid. I don't want to end my life like. I guess it is just a distressing thought.

aw that sounds really tough for you. Sounds like it's linked to all the panic attacks though, are you getting them much? Theyre rare enough for me but terrifying! I guess it's ok to have these kinds of thoughts but acting on them is a different story.

Are you still in work? A pile up of work is gonna be overwhelming - did you/do you get any relief from getting through stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Chiquitita wrote: »
    Not disgusting at all, I only do it when I HAVE to, like when im going to see the therapist etc. Usually I shower twice a day, well before Christmas when I had some sort of control over the black dog. Wont be trying the dating again, i'll keep my own company!

Are you getting any sleep these days?

Yeah getting a good six hours un-interupted now. Constantly tired though. :(

Yes it all seems to be linked to severe anxiety and panic.

I am getting panic attacks only in work!! I'm still in work now (shock horror) I was supposed to be going to a Slimming Class but fek that! I got through a lot of stuff and maybe that will help me feel a bit better?

I contacted everyone in here today that needed to be contacted just to cover everything......

This too shall pass as they say!

Does anyone have any experience where they have a wave of sheer terror that passes over them? I'm so unsure as to what it is but I would love to find out.

• Advertisement

handbagmad wrote: »
    it is balls yeah. Its costing me €70 every session have had 5 so far don't feel any different.
    At least you tried dating im sorry it didn't work out. I miss the hugs n cuddles from relationship sometimes all you need is a hug n not words.
    Don't worry bout not doing every day things. Barely managing to brush my teeth let alone shower. Disgusting i know

Just butting in sorry! (To keep me in work for another while longer!)

I'd love to be dating too, but no, not for me a while, I need to love me and feel normal again first.......it is very hard feeling lonely though. I feel that a lot.

ah great, so you've contacted everyone and got thru lots, well done! Maybe make a list of stuff to do tomorrow/next time youre in (maybe easiest first to ease you in, or most difficult first to get it out of the way?)

I get the terror in terms of feeling a bit paralysed sometimes. Only in work. I get the dread in the mornings though

I'm so glad I have found someone who gets the terror too. And I only get it at work also. That is strange!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Dread is really horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Good news: I phoned the doctor
    Bad news: They don't do evening appointments.

Only during office hours so don't think I can get the time off.
    It seems the Gods don't want me to do this.
    I need a plan B :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

somebody make me go for a shower please:(:( seems like climbing everest to me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

GO FOR A SHOWER HANDBAG IT WILL RELAX YOU IN THE END

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

You'll enjoy the shower if you have it :)

I did. I was actually crying with tiredness after trying to get dressed. Going to bed thanks peeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Chiquitita

pinkstars wrote: »
    Just butting in sorry! (To keep me in work for another while longer!)

I'd love to be dating too, but no, not for me a while, I need to love me and feel normal again first.......it is very hard feeling lonely though. I feel that a lot.

My one attempt at going back into the dating world has failed and now the old chestnut..."why doesnt he like me" aswell as all the other shiiite going on in my head now my confidence has taken a knock

I think it's best to wait until we feel better about ourselves if we do have issues. I know for a fact after the week I put down I am no way ready. I was doing well for the last year and a half and will happily stay single to avoid any dramas at the moment!!!

By the way.......how is everyone doing today?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Not bad pinkstars, didn't flip out yesterday which i was worried about as work stress is right up there at the minute.. What about you today?

I'm feeling great for once.........wondering how/why!

But just gotta go with it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jabberwocky_I

Hi all,

Firstly, thank you all for your supportive responses to my previous post. I really appreciated it.
    I hope you're all doing okay and managing to get through...

This is the second day in a row that I've had to come home mid-morning and crawl into bed. I literally couldn't lift my head off the pillow until about a half an hour ago. I just can't keep going - I have very little to give. I am going to see a doctor, but waiting for an appointment which is a nuisance. Hopefully the fog will start to clear a bit soon.

I hope things are more positive with you all.

• Advertisement

Just about getting through the work day.

This is hell!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Jabberwocly, feel bad for you, i'm glad you're lining up an appointment with the doc though.. Is aware or pieta a viable option for you?

Pinkstars, You'll get through, get out when you can and regroup for the evening.

I'm off today and haven't moved from couch. Feeling a bit guilty at being so lazy, but better than wandering about being stupid..

Jabberwocly, feel bad for you, i'm glad you're lining up an appointment with the doc though.. Is aware or pieta a viable option for you?

Pinkstars, You'll get through, get out when you can and regroup for the evening.

I'm off today and haven't moved from couch. Feeling a bit guilty at being so lazy, but better than wandering about being stupid..

How do you mean regroup? Recoup? lol
    I'm still at work anyway so it mustn't be that bad!!!

pinkstars wrote: »
    I think it's best to wait until we feel better about ourselves if we do have issues. I know for a fact after the week I put down I am no way ready. I was doing well for the last year and a half and will happily stay single to avoid any dramas at the moment!!!

A part of me would love to have a close companion through all this but I'd just too much of a F-up presently for any of it. In time I hope though.

A part of me would love to have a close companion through all this but I'd just too much of a F-up presently for any of it. In time I hope though.

I feel the exact same........

The slip is on, and i can't halt it.. Ah well.. Curl in ball and stare at tv..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

same gremlin, life gone, bed is all that's left.

I hope ye both get through it quickly.

It'll be a loooooooong night. Even dog is bored with me by now.

• Advertisement

Same as cant fight it anymore body and mind too tired. Tried so much to fight the black cloak have to give in and hope for the best

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement