Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Chiquitita

Jesus thought I was the only one, in some sort of way its nice to know im not alone with these effin thoughs. Hope that doesnt sound bad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Doesn't sound bad, it's the most natural feeling in the world as a human to want to connect/be together through thick and thin.

I just had I think the longest cry of my life, must have been building up a while. Have felt so desperately and existentially alone for so long, with little (most times no) hope of ever experiencing any kind of relationship again, at age 27 that's a lot of lonely years to endure before I eventually expire. It scares the crap out of me and it is impossible to comfort myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

I just had I think the longest cry of my life, must have been building up a while. Have felt so desperately and existentially alone for so long, with little (most times no) hope of ever experiencing any kind of relationship again, at age 27 that's a lot of lonely years to endure before I eventually expire. It scares the crap out of me and it is impossible to comfort myself[/quote]

Its good U can cry jimmy. Maybe if nothing else it was a small release.
    I dont know that I am capable of a full on relationship. I've not had good experiences so far. Pretty much been a door mat

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jabberwocky_I

Jabberwocly, feel bad for you, i'm glad you're lining up an appointment with the doc though.. Is aware or pieta a viable option for you?

Unfortunately, I'm living too far away from Pieta at the moment. I went there years ago when I was going through a rough patch and they were amazing. Very supportive.
    I could look into Aware and see if there's any groups near me though. Thanks.

I can see that I'm not alone in feeling trapped in this dense brain-fog. I do hope it passes sooner rather than later for you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mister_Happy

I just watched a YouTube video by eoghan McDermott a young tv presenter talking about mental health. Fair play to him, great to see young people like that opening up & raising awareness.

Video is called 'a little confession' if anyone wants to check it out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Very broken night. Got annoyed around six this morning so got up.. Stressed about what awaits at work.. I shouldn't be since i haven't heard anything from anyone, but the imagination is funny (oh-oh) thing. This is the sort of thing that makes sure i don't get too close to people..

Doesn't sound bad, it's the most natural feeling in the world as a human to want to connect/be together through thick and thin.

I just had I think the longest cry of my life, must have been building up a while. Have felt so desperately and existentially alone for so long, with little (most times no) hope of ever experiencing any kind of relationship again, at age 27 that's a lot of lonely years to endure before I eventually expire. It scares the crap out of me and it is impossible to comfort myself

This.is.exactly.how.I.feel.

me too!

Pardon my language but EFF IT!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Would any of ye date a fellow depressed person?

• Advertisement

Well I cant seem to find anyone to date me so i'll never have to worry :(

Chiquitita wrote: »
    Well I cant seem to find anyone to date me so i'll never have to worry :(

I didn't mean to rub it in like that Chiquitita, sorry. :o

Haha you're ok. What I meant is seeing as i'm the way I am and can't get past 1-3 dates I cant imagine meeting someone who's like me would go too well.

Haha you're ok. What I meant is seeing as i'm the way I am and can't get past 1-3 dates I cant imagine meeting someone who's like me would go too well.

I don't even talk to girls, let alone get dates! lol

Ah eff it as chiquita said at this stage I wouldn't have a problem with it, the problem is believing someone else would find me better than any other person in the world. I think I'm pretty cool apart from the ould appearance which has taken a hell of a shmack since I was young. So yea, if someone was down but had the same world view as me I would, but I wouldn't see myself indulging them, or allowing myself to feel responsible for their feeling.

I have to deal with my own, so they should deal with theirs. But I'm sure companionship could help, so long as neither expects the other to fix them.

Ah eff it as chiquita said at this stage I wouldn't have a problem with it, the problem is believing someone else would find me better than any other person in the world. I think I'm pretty cool apart from the ould appearance which has taken a hell of a shmack since I was young. So yea, if someone was down but had the same world view as me I would, but I wouldn't see myself indulging them, or allowing myself to feel responsible for their feeling.

I have to deal with my own, so they should deal with theirs. But I'm sure companionship could help, so long as neither expects the other to fix them.

Well said Jimmy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Would any of ye date a fellow depressed person?

I would.

Suas11 wrote: »
    I would.

I wouldn't rule it out here. Like a part of me thinks like it could be good as they would understand what it is like etc. The flip side of that same coin though is that they would have their own issues.

Yeah Jimmy, agree with that. It'd be great to have someone to tell all your "things" to knowing that they accept you the way you are.
    Im determined to make tomorrow a good day, im going to get up early, shower,do my hair, go out wandering the streets looking for dates (just kidding...or am I ;)

Yeah Jimmy, agree with that. It'd be great to have someone to tell all your "things" to knowing that they accept you the way you are.
    Im determined to make tomorrow a good day, im going to get up early, shower,do my hair, go out wandering the streets looking for dates (just kidding...or am I ;)

What streets will you be wondering down?! ;):D

• Advertisement

I dunno, where do you think would be a good place?!

I dunno, where do you think would be a good place?!

*location PM'd*

"Nowhere special..."?

"Nowhere special..."?

Stalker! :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I wouldn't rule it out here. Like a part of me thinks like it could be good as they would understand what it is like etc. The flip side of that same coin though is that they would have their own issues.

Yeah, I've thought the same. It'd make it difficult but on the other hand I'd have someone that could relate to what I go through and also I might be able to help them too.

Suas11 wrote: »
    Yeah, I've thought the same. It'd make it difficult but on the other hand I'd have someone that could relate to what I go through and also I might be able to help them too.

It could be something very special maybe.

From my experience people who have these kinds of difficulties with life are very open and helpful when together and are very supportive.

My current way of dealing with it is the dream of heading off canoing and camping on my own for a while around ireland. Proper sense of space and hopefully will be soothing for the mind. At the moment planning it in my head is keeping me from the horrible 4-walls-feeling.

I just think it'll be a very therapeutic thing to do, bit of hiking, bit of self-sufficiency cooking my own food, getting a camp set up on a river bed, getting back into some reading and being. Bit of exploring etc.

From my experience people who have these kinds of difficulties with life are very open and helpful when together and are very supportive.

My current way of dealing with it is the dream of heading off canoing and camping on my own for a while around ireland. Proper sense of space and hopefully will be soothing for the mind. At the moment planning it in my head is keeping me from the horrible 4-walls-feeling.

I just think it'll be a very therapeutic thing to do, bit of hiking, bit of self-sufficiency cooking my own food, getting a camp set up on a river bed, getting back into some reading and being. Bit of exploring etc.

That sounds awesome actually Jimmy

I think it would suit people of our psychological makeup especially. Just got to source some gear and knowledge first. I've got nothing else so when it's all ye have it becomes more 'possible'.

• Advertisement

Let's all go camping together :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement