Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm finding concentration to be at an all time low. It's hard to explain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

mars bar wrote: »
    The weaning off process is tiring and horrible...

I'm probably gonna have to go through that soon. Next appointment with psychiatrist is on Wednesday and I'm sure they'll probably wanna reduce my dosage.

Part of me wants them to, because I honestly feel better now than I have for a long, long time. Up as far as May of this year I was in such an awful place. But since finishing college, events have taken a turn for the better and I'm feeling a lot more confident about the future now. I've learned to forgive myself for stuff I used beat myself up over, even stuff that wasn't my fault. I also finally learned to stop relying so much on other people and be more independent; I used try so hard to keep people in my life but now I can cut them out if they hurt me, rather than trying in vain to forgive them and keep them around.

But part of me is scared that this new-found optimism just stemmed from increased levels of Effexor, and that by lowering the dosage I'll just sink back to being the nervous, self-hating failure that I felt like only a few months ago.

I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll be ok. Having finally been able to appreciate life, there's no way I can go back to being what I was before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I dont think i've ever come closer than tonight.only problem is i'm afraid of pain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Well that was my worst social outing in years I'm pretty sure.

I left early and got a taxi home by myself in order to avoid inflicting myself on the happiness of everybody else.I wish I was dead to be honest,whats the point of me even trying to be normal,its pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I dont think i've ever come closer than tonight.only problem is i'm afraid of pain

Hope you're okay.
    I mean of course you're not, but you know what I mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Part of me wants them to, because I honestly feel better now than I have for a long, long time. Up as far as May of this year I was in such an awful place. But since finishing college, events have taken a turn for the better and I'm feeling a lot more confident about the future now.

Sounds scarily like my situation! :D

Well, if I'm honest, the reason I felt rotten is because I mixed up my days and went two days without a tablet instead of every second day. :o

I'm keeping with that now though, tablet - day off - day off - tablet.

I was at a funeral yesterday of a 19 year old girl who took her life on Wednesday. It was horrible. She didn't realise just how many people cared for her and I would put money on that you don't realise how many people love you too.

I care about your well being as you have contributed to my life in a positive way on this forum. I want you to know that.

mars bar wrote: »
    I was at a funeral yesterday of a 19 year old girl who took her life on Wednesday. It was horrible. She didn't realise just how many people cared for her and I would put money on that you don't realise how many people love you too.

I care about your well being as you have contributed to my life in a positive way on this forum. I want you to know that.

people caring about you doesnt matter a whole lot when no one can do anything. i could actually be dead since that time this morning, and not one single person would know it yet.

people caring about you doesnt matter a whole lot when no one can do anything. i could actually be dead since that time this morning, and not one single person would know it yet.

:(

sorry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

I have felt suicidel before and dya know what ? For me as bad as exsisting can be and as misrable as it can be, it is infinetly better than the alternitive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

fisgon, I've deleted your post.

please do not give advice about altering doses of prescription meds on this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Wow I feel like crap tonight, very down and overwhelmed:( Don't really know where this came from

sorry

No need to be at all at all. I just hate not being able to help people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mw9121970

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Wow I feel like crap tonight, very down and overwhelmed:( Don't really know where this came from
    May I ask, have you not been sleeping well lately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Why is sleep so crucial to happiness. id give my heart and soul to be able to sleep normally

luckyfrank wrote: »
    Why is sleep so crucial to happiness. id give my heart and soul to be able to sleep normally

I would also love to be able to sleep normally, but sleep is crucial for restoration.... I would love restoration - There are so many questions going on in my head. When are you doing enough for some one who is being far less than honest about their condition. I believe this person is under pressure by their family not to tell us what is going on - even though they are now a member of our family.

Going to ring the clinic in the morning and see if a doctor can see me,not due to meet the psychiatrist in the community clinic til the end of September but dont think I can wait that long,I can feel a manic episode coming on,I'm overdue one anyways and dont want to end up in hospital again like last time,that was too scary.

Hopefully whoever I see will be able to up my meds or give me something else,fingers crossed.

Going to ring the clinic in the morning and see if a doctor can see me,not due to meet the psychiatrist in the community clinic til the end of September but dont think I can wait that long,I can feel a manic episode coming on,I'm overdue one anyways and dont want to end up in hospital again like last time,that was too scary.

Hopefully whoever I see will be able to up my meds or give me something else,fingers crossed.
    I hope things work out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i made this youtube channel where i talk about like how i went about getting past my agoraphobia / panic attacks its just me saying how i went about it and eh some tips or some thing like that might ring a bell with some of you !

http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnOveranxiety

• Advertisement

I spent the day in bed yesterday, haven't done that in a long time. cried on and off. looked up some things. emailed pieta house (who haven't replied yet). decided I wasn't going to work today. i can do some work from home, and my boss knows about my depression, which is helpful.

i'm not as deleriously upset as i was the other night, but i'm more numb now. which for me is me on my way out of it. which i don't like. doesn't say much for me as a person with depression. plus it's just a return to mediocreness, floating along, as if things are alright. i'm never happy, but when i'm like that i assume i'm doing ok, when the reality is one thing can make me this suicidal mess. i don't know what to think when that happens, am I actually ok most of the time, or am I just hoping I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Went to doctor who put me on Xanex for the week. Dunno how much use its going to be though. Also...after my river incident I found out I said some pretty sh*t things to my ex. Apparently I blamed him and said all of it was his fault and said he didnt want my death on his hands =/ I dont remember any of this but I said it alright. Obviously I never meant any of it, but I suppose people just dont understand. They think you do this on purpose, to get back at them or to just be selfish. They always feel its a personal attack and then you get killed for it. People just dont understand...its horrible.

Stupidusername...PM if you wanna chat. I know how your feeling :) Hang in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I swear these anti-deps are making me more depressed.
    Or maybe they're just not working yet.
    Either way, I've been feeling so down recently, and it seems to be worse as time goes by.
    I don't want to do anything. I don't want to 'be'.
    Can't even imagine exersising or eating healthily or going to a counsillor or any of that stuff right now.
    Even going for a shower requires all my willpower and takes all day to plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I've deleted some posts and edited others to help things to settle down. Bans from this forum are handed out as a last resort - but they are handed out. I believe in this instance that a remark was made with no intent to cause offense, and was taken up the wrong way - it happens.

remember:
    -there's no obligation to post in this forum - if you don't like it, try to find somewhere else that suits you better

-if something offends you, report it and let the mods deal with it - don't attack it on thread.

we're all on the same team at the end of the day, so lets just move on and forget it.

More lithium and ciprager,and seroquel for sleeping was the consultant psychiatrist at the clinic's answer.

Have to get a blood test done on Wednesday aswell.

Gonna take the seroquel soon and hopefully sleep for the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SAnx

Hi guys anyone here have social anxiety? I am on my way to getting better and wondered if anyone felt like chatting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone here gets so anxious to the point of feeling nauseous everyday?

If I know I have to leave the house I can't help but feel sick to my stomach.. I don't know anyone who's suffered like this. I'm going to the doctor about it tomorrow and I already feel sick with nerves.

It doesn't even matter if I'm just going to the shops or out for a walk.. :(

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i made this youtube channel where i talk about like how i went about getting past my agoraphobia / panic attacks its just me saying how i went about it and eh some tips or some thing like that might ring a bell with some of you !

http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnOveranxiety

I subscribed to you! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SAnx

Saaron wrote: »
    Hey guys I was wondering if anyone here gets so anxious to the point of feeling nauseous everyday?

If I know I have to leave the house I can't help but feel sick to my stomach.. I don't know anyone who's suffered like this. I'm going to the doctor about it tomorrow and I already feel sick with nerves.

It doesn't even matter if I'm just going to the shops or out for a walk.. :(

Hi Saaron, Ya i know how you feel i was in that position for years at my worst. I felt i was going to pass out at the tought of having to go somewhere i would not be comfortable. At that stage in my life i made the worst desision i could of ever made and that was not to go out at all , I know that sounds extream but for 4 months i became very depressed and simply gave up. It did not help the recovery process as today i am 95% cured i have a active life and thats from facing the fears that made me feel sick with worry and feel faint. Once i started facing my fears it slowly became easier and easier . . . .Does this work for you?

• Advertisement

SAnx wrote: »
    Hi Saaron, Ya i know how you feel i was in that position for years at my worst. I felt i was going to pass out at the tought of having to go somewhere i would not be comfortable. At that stage in my life i made the worst desision i could of ever made and that was not to go out at all , I know that sounds extream but for 4 months i became very depressed and simply gave up. It did not help the recovery process as today i am 95% cured i have a active life and thats from facing the fears that made me feel sick with worry and feel faint. Once i started facing my fears it slowly became easier and easier . . . .Does this work for you?

Yeah I avoid leaving the house if possible and I think that's the worst thing to do, but the fear of feeling ill keeps me inside. The worst thing is that I'm not going back to college this year so that's just another reason to stay inside :(

It gives me hope that you're pretty much over it though. What helped you get better?

Edit: I agree that facing your fears is important but did you combine that with therapy and medication too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement