Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Anti depressants. My friend is on effexor and I'm on Lexapro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Bleuch, was talking to a friend who's been on medication for 10 years and she said its caused havock to her metabolism and caused her to gain weight. Then I did a Google search (bad idea I know!) and found a few articles about my medication and weight gain and now I'm worried that might be the cause of mine.

Been doing so well lately. This weekend were my first bad days in ages. Weight is getting me down though. Was supposed to try come off my meds early next year, but I'm moving country by myself early January so would need to start working on it with my doctor now. But maybe its not such a good idea with a big change coming.

Just wanna go back to the weight I was, but still be happy!

I had a ridiculous appetite for sweet things on the tablets and gained a stone in 6 weeks. I shudder when I see the photos now!
    You need to watch what you're eating and do some exercise. Easier said than done for some people I know but it can be done. I have lost 1stone and 3 pounds since April.

I'm nearing the end of the weaning off process now thankfully.

Although now that I'm finished college, I dunno what to do with myself! It's weird not being back in full time education in September.
    I don't like not knowing where I am going yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SAnx

mars bar wrote: »
    I had a ridiculous appetite for sweet things on the tablets and gained a stone in 6 weeks. I shudder when I see the photos now!
    You need to watch what you're eating and do some exercise. Easier said than done for some people I know but it can be done. I have lost 1stone and 3 pounds since April.

I'm nearing the end of the weaning off process now thankfully.

Although now that I'm finished college, I dunno what to do with myself! It's weird not being back in full time education in September.
    I don't like not knowing where I am going yet.

I agree you need to do exercise to counter the weight gain eating healty also, raw food is very good for anxiety and depression also

• Registered Users Posts: 36 periwinkle

Princess Peach, I've been on both Lexapro and Effexor long-term, and neither caused any weight gain. For me, the weight-gain came from feeling down and then over-eating to feel better.

Maybe it's something else causing the weight-gain. Have you had your thyroid checked? I have hypo-thyroidism in addition to depression, and it can cause weight gain.

periwinkle x x x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

periwinkle wrote: »
    Princess Peach, I've been on both Lexapro and Effexor long-term, and neither caused any weight gain. For me, the weight-gain came from feeling down and then over-eating to feel better.

Maybe it's something else causing the weight-gain. Have you had your thyroid checked? I have hypo-thyroidism in addition to depression, and it can cause weight gain.

periwinkle x x x

I've just started on Lexapro and have since read countless stories of weight gain while on it. It's quite scary.
    So long as I can control my food intake and continue to weight train and do cardio I hope to not gain excess weight. . .(I hope).

It's good to hear you didn't gain weight from the pill but from over-eating.

• Advertisement

I have an eating disorder on and off for a while, and have been doing very well lately, which may be another reason for my weight gain. Really don't want to resort to unhealthy methods again, think I'm just looking for other excuses.

Dunno what to do about my medication though. Suppose I'll have to find a doctor in Canada and get my prescription there and stay on it another year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

I'm always been fat :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Blah, beige, meh....
    Feel nothing really.
    Flat, muted feelings.
    Doctor "sees a definite improvement" - well I don't!
    Meh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Printemps93

Doctor "sees a definite improvement" - well I don't!
    Meh....

story of my life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

does anyone have a way of just keeping motivated,last few days have been hard.just trying to keep ahead of the nitemare/pressure building up in
    the brain,i feel like a mouse on a wheel round and round going nowhere fast:(

• Advertisement

does anyone have a way of just keeping motivated,last few days have been hard.just trying to keep ahead of the nitemare/pressure building up in

I use something like excersise to feel good if im having a off day works for me even if its only walking the dogs, or i go fishing and try to clear the mind, leave the phone at home and your worries, hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mw9121970

I find writing down 3 things I want to get done and doing them helps when I feel like this. Hope this is of help to you.

thanks for the repleys:),yes i do both i work out 5 days a week i find that it helps a lot also i used to have a diary which is also good as u look back on it u can see the progress and the odd mishap:o,but i still find that something is still missing cant really put my finger on it.

thanks for the repleys:),yes i do both i work out 5 days a week i find that it helps a lot also i used to have a diary which is also good as u look back on it u can see the progress and the odd mishap:o,but i still find that something is still missing cant really put my finger on it.

Maybe its time for a new social hobby?

u may be right sanx but my problom with that is im a loner,and i like that my choice.i find it hard to talk/meet up with people was very bad last year and never left the house,lads i look back now i dont know how i managed but geting there now:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

u may be right sanx but my problom with that is im a loner,and i like that my choice.i find it hard to talk/meet up with people was very bad last year and never left the house,lads i look back now i dont know how i managed but geting there now:).

I kind of understand how you feel. I'm a full-time housewife and any time my husband asks me to go out with him, I always find a reason not to go. I have been out twice in the last two years. It just seems like such an effort, but reading your post I am determined to get out in the next month. Thank you.

hi cofy,i find it very hard to go out very i suppuse with me i dont drink or smoke and ah u know its hard to fit in as there geting drunk ure there with a false smile just wishing to head home,safe in youre own surroundings and thats whats part of my problom im too secure in it now.

and yes do try and get out even for a short while cofy it will help and of course hubby will b happy too,we must also think of our other halfs as there locked in the same prison as us they also suffer afraid to talk to us incase we shut them out.

i see there with me im not cured by no means but ive come a long way,ive got the weight under control and im begining to enjoy life again:)

Jes a year fair play for getting out of that, the longest i did a few years back now was 3 months and found it very hard to snap out of it, Even if you like your alone time (i know how you feel im currently half way between lone and social) you can keep up "you time" finding things like i like taking photos and some times i just drive somewhere remote with the dogs and snap a few shots. Now that i think of it the dogs are the only ones i really love being with all the time. . i suppose they never judge and always are looking for hugs big softies my two boxers :)

hi cofy,i find it very hard to go out very i suppuse with me i dont drink or smoke and ah u know its hard to fit in as there geting drunk ure there with a false smile just wishing to head home,safe in youre own surroundings and thats whats part of my problom im too secure in it now.

and yes do try and get out even for a short while cofy it will help and of course hubby will b happy too,we must also think of our other halfs as there locked in the same prison as us they also suffer afraid to talk to us incase we shut them out.

i see there with me im not cured by no means but ive come a long way,ive got the weight under control and im begining to enjoy life again:)

Well done you, for getting your weight under control, that is a hard task. I hear you loud and clear when you talk about people getting drunk around you and you are sober.

It must be hard though with your half not being with you.

It must be hard though with your half not being with you.[/QUOTE]

no no cofy shes still with me:) when i say prison i mean the torture of depression as u know the people we love must its hard for us to tell them whats going on we seem to frezze them out.

after hospital my weight balloned to crazy 15 stone 5 ,oh man disaster and im only at most 5foot 4 ha ha so i dident look great:pac:

• Advertisement

It must be hard though with your half not being with you.

no no cofy shes still with me:) when i say prison i mean the torture of depression as u know the people we love must its hard for us to tell them whats going on we seem to frezze them out.

after hospital my weight balloned to crazy 15 stone 5 ,oh man disaster and im only at most 5foot 4 ha ha so i dident look great:pac:[/QUOTE]

I'm only 5 foot so I know what you mean. Depression really is a prison, not inflicted by anything you have done wrong, or anyone you think you have done wrong to. Do you have support, is your other half seeing a doctor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 wolflark

hi.
    not entirely sure about this site.
    i've been called a troll sometimes. maybe cause i'm not on it too much. i was diagnosed bi polar about 7 years.
    just want to say, it's nice to know i'm not the only one.
    hope you enjoy your chatting.

k.

wolflark wrote: »
    hi.
    not entirely sure about this site.
    i've been called a troll sometimes. maybe cause i'm not on it too much. i was diagnosed bi polar about 7 years.
    just want to say, it's nice to know i'm not the only one.

I might be too :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Very anxious this week, thankfully got some diazepam for 5 days off my doc.

Hope ya'll are doing ok!

:)today woke up and said today is the day,starting to go out more and ive singed up for kickboxing 2 nights a week,so roll on really looking foward to it as i am in a better frame of mind these days.

hope everyone is haveing a good day.

:)today woke up and said today is the day,starting to go out more and ive singed up for kickboxing 2 nights a week,so roll on really looking foward to it as i am in a better frame of mind these days.

hope everyone is haveing a good day.

I do kickboxing, its a lot of fun! I find being signed up for a class is a good motivator for exercise. I go to the gym too, but some nights (like tonight) I just don't have the energy. But always go to my classes cause want to keep up.

Good for you :)

I do kickboxing, its a lot of fun! I find being signed up for a class is a good motivator for exercise. I go to the gym too, but some nights (like tonight) I just don't have the energy. But always go to my classes cause want to keep up.

Good for you :)

thanks princess peach,tea i cant wait i was always into boxing so this will b great i was very heavey but i lost over 5 stone so this will hopefully keep the mind going

thanks princess peach,tea i cant wait i was always into boxing so this will b great i was very heavey but i lost over 5 stone so this will hopefully keep the mind going

Its a good social class to take too!

My mood is grand these days but still low motivation. Comes and goes from day to day. Some days I could jump out of bed and run a mile, others can't even get up. Not from feeling down, just from lack of want really. Probably bad habit too.

Its a good social class to take too!

My mood is grand these days but still low motivation. Comes and goes from day to day. Some days I could jump out of bed and run a mile, others can't even get up. Not from feeling down, just from lack of want really. Probably bad habit too.

i know where youre comeing from,it can be a disaster to get going not only that finding the happy medium everyday is a challange it self,all u can do is youre best the bad days will allways be there the only thing we can do is manage those days better:)

• Advertisement

Wonders where it ends from here , do these impulses get worse or do i wait and see do i go away or by then is it too late for me . can I be saved ?
    I'm going to crack - a ticking time bomb - slowly going insane yet on the fxckin waiting list so I have to wait

Why the fxck is this country so banjaxed :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement