Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Printemps93

why the fxck cant i just be normal

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

Hi!

Mod please note - I'm not looking for medical advice just a solidarity pat on the back so I know I'm not alone in this one, or am alone as the case may be!

Last time the thread heard from me, I said I'd told the doctor.. but I just need to fire something out here.

I'm just looking to see if anyone is going through the same thing as me.

At times I feel crippling embarrassment and regret. You know the type, where you wake up after being plastered and you've offended a lot of people, and when you wake up in the morning, you put your head in your hands and go "oh my god I can't believe I did that". Know that feeling?

Well I get that about stupid things that no one should ever care about. About things that no one else would even remember. The most silly is about the fact that I miss used the phrase day after tomorrow, instead of day before yesterday... in play school.

This regret embarrassment feeling can be so crippling that I have to pull the car over to the side of the road.

My doctor didn't respond when I told him this, and the councillor just keeps asking me.. why do I think I feel like this, but won't tell me is this common or not.

Does anyone else have these episodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

hi cojack101.
    i must admit i have never felt like that.but look we all have different emotions/feelings so dont stress too much on it:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Ok new plan with my partner, we've decided were gonna try have another baby and im so chuffed, I know having depression isnt great to have but i feel on top of the world

Floating on air ATM guys really excited about the future

im at the end of my rope either these impulses stop popping up or im a gonner

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

im at the end of my rope either these impulses stop popping up or im a gonner

they are really scary aren't they?

friday I was walking down a road, and was feeling fairly ok, and then i just got this sudden flash of 'well it'd be ok if I got knocked down now'. it was like i was telling myself I was content enough to die / ok with things never getting better. and as quick as it came, it was gone. it was strange. scary to think this is what your brain does to you.

they are really scary aren't they?

I'd rather kill myself then lose my self control :(

Have you gotten a diagnosis?
    I was contemplating stepping onto the road whilst someone was speeding just an hour ago

12 hours ago was close to jumping from a 3 story building :(

I'd rather kill myself then lose my self control :(

Have you gotten a diagnosis?
    I was contemplating stepping onto the road whilst someone was speeding just an hour ago

12 hours ago was close to jumping from a 3 story building :(

my diagnosis is moderate depression. do you think you'd feel better at all with discussing your diagnosis with your doctor? i mean you've said that you think you may be bi polar, do you think it'd help to be more satisfied with a diagnosis?

are you on meds yeah? while i'm not saying I got no impulses off the meds ( i was off them completely for 2 months) I was constantly thinking this stuff at the slightest thing then, whereas now it's fleeting like the other day, and isn't so much spurred on by my actual mood. so I kinda find some hope in knowing that it's actually caused by the meds I'm on. hope that makes sense.

I've got fairly controversial views about some things, suicide being one, so I'm being careful not to say somethings but the only thing I will say is that you seem to come in here to post and that mostly says a cry for help, to me, and if that's what it is, I would urge you to hold on as long as you can, because (i'm hoping too for myself and you) it will come.

my diagnosis is moderate depression. do you think you'd feel better at all with discussing your diagnosis with your doctor? i mean you've said that you think you may be bi polar, do you think it'd help to be more satisfied with a diagnosis?

are you on meds yeah? while i'm not saying I got no impulses off the meds ( i was off them completely for 2 months) I was constantly thinking this stuff at the slightest thing then, whereas now it's fleeting like the other day, and isn't so much spurred on by my actual mood. so I kinda find some hope in knowing that it's actually caused by the meds I'm on. hope that makes sense.

I've got fairly controversial views about some things, suicide being one, so I'm being careful not to say somethings but the only thing I will say is that you seem to come in here to post and that mostly says a cry for help, to me, and if that's what it is, I would urge you to hold on as long as you can, because (i'm hoping too for myself and you) it will come.

I do cry for help being on this waiting list will kill me as matter of fact but there seems no be no end since ive grown up and being on that list also means ive to wait to see a therapist to talk to

I have depression to but sometimes i get so manic its like i dont even know who i am anymore so im really not sure

all i can say is hold out for a while. 5 months today since my first appointment...still waiting.

• Advertisement

all i can say is hold out for a while. 5 months today since my first appointment...still waiting.

I guess but I'll have a job trying to fight these impulses

but are they urges you get? or are they things you want to do? I mean is there thought behind it?

I think you can trust your mind more than you feel you can. though I know what it's like to doubt that. it is scary. but you seem to be a smart strong person, and you know that there's something wrong here. you just need to try keep a grip on your normal mind, i mean like when you're not having those thoughts. as long as you have those times, then you should try remember them, and take comfort in knowing that they will return.

how do you mean, leaving stuff behind?

I sometimes get thoughts like "I don't care what happens to me" such as when I go out walking late or if I cross the road at a dodgy time, but luckily I don't get definite urges to harm myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Really missing my weekly counselling sessions,that ended about 3 monthes ago. All the usual bad thoughts are coming back- particularly suicidal/self-harming impulses. I hate feeling that life is pointless and I'll never be happy. I should be enjoying this time (moved in with my boyfriend about a month ago, it's my first time living out of home) but I can't seem to stop thinking negatively. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Just back from a 2 week holiday and it's my first day back at work - it's only now that I realise how having the holiday to look forward to helped me to ignore some of the anxiety and negative thoughts I was feeling,but sure enoug they started to return over the weekend and back with a bang this morning.I feel really pissed off with myself,I actually came off Valdoxan recently as I was feeling a bit better but I don't think I can credit the medication.I've been going to counselling as well and it has helped a bit,the next session isn't for nearly three weeks though.Gotta stop posting here when I'm down and start posting when I'm good as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Have my 2 minute appointment with the pych in the community clinic tomorrow.Don't really know how I'm feeling to be honest,I'm very up and down,which is better then being down all the time I spose.

Have my 2 minute appointment with the pych in the community clinic tomorrow.Don't really know how I'm feeling to be honest,I'm very up and down,which is better then being down all the time I spose.

i was constantly down when i was off my meds, it really is better to be up and down than down all the time. at least then you feel you have hope, and can just get a break from the glumness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

How can you dislike people so much that you push them all away and still feel lonely without them.

• Advertisement

Drive through psychiatry,''Hi how are you?''(while looking through files and not really listening)''come back to see me in two months and here's your script''

I know that I'm getting the service free so can't complain,and I know the community clinic is really busy,but it's still pretty **** that even a psych won't listen to me.

Drive through psychiatry,''Hi how are you?''(while looking through files and not really listening)''come back to see me in two months and here's your script''

I know that I'm getting the service free so can't complain,and I know the community clinic is really busy,but it's still pretty **** that even a psych won't listen to me.

:mad: there are no words.

same when i go to the psych office, time before last after he told me it'd be at least August by the time I got talk therapy I started crying out of frustration, he saw me, but just continued on. i mean if these people aren't the ones that are going to know you need help, who is?

you should try not saying a word, and see if they even notice.

I don't know what's happened, i've enough tablets to get me to monday, but my appointment is next thursday, i've taken them all as normal, can't find any ones I haven't taken, so i've no idea what's happened. now i've to go back to my stupid ignorant doctor after work, and sit there for up to 2 hours to see her, hoping she won't think i'm trying to overdose on them by getting more from her. I genuinely don't know what went wrong.

:mad: there are no words.

same when i go to the psych office, time before last after he told me it'd be at least August by the time I got talk therapy I started crying out of frustration, he saw me, but just continued on. i mean if these people aren't the ones that are going to know you need help, who is?

you should try not saying a word, and see if they even notice.

I don't know what's happened, i've enough tablets to get me to monday, but my appointment is next thursday, i've taken them all as normal, can't find any ones I haven't taken, so i've no idea what's happened. now i've to go back to my stupid ignorant doctor after work, and sit there for up to 2 hours to see her, hoping she won't think i'm trying to overdose on them by getting more from her. I genuinely don't know what went wrong.

The psych in my old place seemed to care and would listen to me,a session would last at least 15-20 minutes too,she left in January,and I was sent to the community place,they didnt even explain to me where it was,took me about half an hour walking around asking random people where it was,which was a bit embarassing.Two very nice homeless guys actually pointed out where it was in the end!

I'd say they lazily got the dates on your script wrong,fcuking typical!Mine usually overlap and I always have 5 or 6 pills left over from my old script which I stick in a drawer in case of emergency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kitybee

I've just been diagnosed with bi-polar, but I have to say, my GP and psychiatrist have been great. Supose I took that for granted.

Anyway, I've started going to Aware group meetings, I've only been to one, but they are great, giving you a chance to share how you have been feeling etc.

My biggest problem at the mo is getting up in the morning, but I'm determined to get it sorted, and I am now an expert on all the tips and tricks to get you up. Let's see if ALL of them work...

I'm in work right now, in the last half hour or so I've just started feeling rotten, lump in my throat and that heavy feeling in my shoulders. It's that feeling that I've got nothing... sure I've got material things but I'm missing the important stuff in life.

Kitybee wrote: »
    I've just been diagnosed with bi-polar, but I have to say, my GP and psychiatrist have been great. Supose I took that for granted.

Anyway, I've started going to Aware group meetings, I've only been to one, but they are great, giving you a chance to share how you have been feeling etc.

My biggest problem at the mo is getting up in the morning, but I'm determined to get it sorted, and I am now an expert on all the tips and tricks to get you up. Let's see if ALL of them work...

Best of luck!

I've awful probelms getting to sleep and then waking up in the morning!
    I've tried taking my meds at different times but that doesn't really work for me,also exercise and walk lots every day.

Kitybee wrote: »

how long did it take for you to get a proper diagnosis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kitybee

starviewadams u should do some research on the web to get some tips on getting up and going to sleep. I've done loads of things and I think I'm finally getting there. There is some really good advice if u dig deep enough.

Printemps93 I have been seeing a psychiatrist every few months since about 2009.

Chemist informed me today when I was getting my prescription filled,that after November I'll have to pay the full cost for my meds because the govt is cancelling the psychiatric drug dispension scheme.No bloody way that I'll be able to afford 3 different meds on prescription.

• Advertisement

Chemist informed me today when I was getting my prescription filled,that after November I'll have to pay the full cost for my meds because the govt is cancelling the psychiatric drug dispension scheme.No bloody way that I'll be able to afford 3 different meds on prescription.

:eek: that can't be right

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement