Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I'm also still not having a great time of it lately. I wonder is the time of year affecting us more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

i'm getting down again. oddly though it's just one thing I think. feeling increasingly lonely. I have friends and they're great, but I can't help but be bothered by being single.

i'm getting down again. oddly though it's just one thing I think. feeling increasingly lonely. I have friends and they're great, but I can't help but be bothered by being single.
    I know exactly what you mean, I feel like that too. The funny thing is sometimes I couldn't care less, but other days it'll make me feel so down I get close to suicide over it.

*hug*

I know exactly what you mean, I feel like that too. The funny thing is sometimes I couldn't care less, but other days it'll make me feel so down I get close to suicide over it.

*hug*

and to you too.

it's like an itch, and I don't mean in a sexual way, it's just I have no control over it. guys I don't like like me, and guys I do like don't like me. it's been almost a year and a half now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

This - to a tee.

I was probably the closest to suicide I've ever been there a week ago, and my friends are really concerned about me, but I keep just ignoring their calls and texts.
    I don't even know why.

• Advertisement

and to you too.

it's like an itch, and I don't mean in a sexual way, it's just I have no control over it. guys I don't like like me, and guys I do like don't like me. it's been almost a year and a half now.

Same. The universe is trolling us.
    This - to a tee.

I was probably the closest to suicide I've ever been there a week ago, and my friends are really concerned about me, but I keep just ignoring their calls and texts.
    I don't even know why.

Keep safe - if you ever need to talk I'm here x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Hasn't been a good week. Nervous about seeing the doctor tomorrow. Feeling so sad I think it's going to eat me

cloud493 wrote: »
    Hasn't been a good week. Nervous about seeing the doctor tomorrow. Feeling so sad I think it's going to eat me
    Don't be nervous about tomorrow, it will all be okay. And I know that feeling of sadness all too well, it won't be like this forever. Do something to distract yourself from it like watch a tv show/movie whatever.

I don't know what's going to happen. I am scared :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Yeah lonely but want to be alone. I don't have any friends either though. And my family think all's well. Had a bit of a melt down today. Been a while since I had one. Just every little thing going wrong.

• Advertisement

*hugs* I know the feeling. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

A lot of us seem to be feeling very down at the moment. I find winter very hard, I am using my light box every morning nut this year its not helping.

I don't want to get up, but have to, have no interest at work, can't follow conversations at break times and don't eveb want to.

Don't want to meet people or talk to anyone and yet am lonely.
    Really just want to be left alone and stay in bed all the time.

Why can't I just feel normal?

In a way it helps to know that its not just me that feels like that. It is really hard isn't it?

It is hard. But I guess all you can do is.... Fight through the worse until it gets better,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

I nearly killed myself yesterday. I wont go into too much detail but meh...wasnt good

I nearly killed myself yesterday. I wont go into too much detail but meh...wasnt good
    I read your original post,how did you feel when you woke up?

Are you ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

I read your original post,how did you feel when you woke up?

I'd pumped myself full of sleeping tablets. Slept for 16 hours. Felt a lot better when I woke up.
    Are you ok?

Better now. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Feeling like crap again. Stomach is in bits with anxiousness. I got news yesterday that a collegue in a different branch had passed away on Wednedsay, found out yesterday it was actually suicide. I cant get it out of my head that the job we do has contributed to his distress and ultimately his decision.

Lonliness is killing me, havent heard from anybody this week, family or friends. I know I should contact them, but it would be good to be contacted by someone, so it doesnt just feel they are replying to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Feeling like crap again. Stomach is in bits with anxiousness. I got news yesterday that a collegue in a different branch had passed away on Wednedsay, found out yesterday it was actually suicide. I cant get it out of my head that the job we do has contributed to his distress and ultimately his decision.

Lonliness is killing me, havent heard from anybody this week, family or friends. I know I should contact them, but it would be good to be contacted by someone, so it doesnt just feel they are replying to me.

You should talk to somebody, Im in a program in my town where a member of a thing called "home-Base" ring me everyday for a talk :) its really good, telling them things gets things off my chest :)
    Talk to your GP if your feeling really really down, he/she will reccomend the best for you :) Keep your chin up and keep smiling:)
    dave

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Im in a program in my town where a member of a thing called "home-Base" ring me everyday for a talk :) its really good, telling them things gets things off my chest :)

That sounds really good - I'm going to see if there's anything like that around here.

I have found depression groups helpful in the past, and other things like that, but the problem with most of these things is that you actually have to motivate yourself to go to them or arrange an appointment etc... yourself.

And I don't know about anyone else, but at the moment, I can't motivate myself into the shower, let alone to seek help.

(I am 'getting help' though - at the local hospital, I just have to wait a long time in between visits)

• Advertisement

That sounds really good - I'm going to see if there's anything like that around here.

I have found depression groups helpful in the past, and other things like that, but the problem with most of these things is that you actually have to motivate yourself to go to them or arrange an appointment etc... yourself.

And I don't know about anyone else, but at the moment, I can't motivate myself into the shower, let alone to seek help.

(I am 'getting help' though - at the local hospital, I just have to wait a long time in between visits)

Its brilliant :) everyone in these groups are the most helpfull and understanding people ever :) i know flutter, this time few weeks ago i wasnt even able to get out of bed i was sooo down:) but cleaned my act up and made an appointment and everything is going so well now :)
    Been honest im only 21 with severe anxiety and mild depression, if i told anyone in my town that they'd just laugh and wudnt belive me :confused:
    I put on a fake smile whenever im around people, but deep down smile is the last thing i want to do lol:)
    Let us know how u get on:) This is a really great thread:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Yesterday was good.
    Today was average.
    Sunday will be good.
    But tomorrow is gonna suck. And I'm having lots of days like tomorrow recently. =/

Everything I have to look forward to in life is too far away. I don't know how to deal with that. It's almost as bad as when I had nothing to look forward to at all.

No matter how many times I'm told by a doctor that I'm depressed, or how many times I need a prescription filled, or how many times I fantasise about hurting or killing myself (never attempted either, just thought about...) it never feels like I'm "truly" depressed or legitimately sick. It always just feels like an excuse when I see others who are supposedly in the same boat but are really a lot worse off than I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

same here :( chin up though and think good things!:)

Been put on Mirtazapine (zispin) for short today at 5:( not looking forward to a change! anyone heard or reccomend these?

hi i know we all have different experinces with meds,but for me zispin added serious weight for me,also i became very withdrawn with them:mad:
    but thats just me were all different,i wish u the best:)

hi i know we all have different experinces with meds,but for me zispin added serious weight for me,also i became very withdrawn with them:mad:
    but thats just me were all different,i wish u the best:)

Thanks audi :) i need the weight though, iv dropped 1.5 stone in the space of a month from being constantly sick with worry ! :(
    So far the only down side of them is im having very vidid dreams, hard to explain but when i wake up i dont know did the dream really happen or was it just my imagination lol in great form though thanks to them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Thanks audi :) i need the weight though, iv dropped 1.5 stone in the space of a month from being constantly sick with worry ! :(
    So far the only down side of them is im having very vidid dreams, hard to explain but when i wake up i dont know did the dream really happen or was it just my imagination lol in great form though thanks to them :)

Vivd dreams is fairly common. I nearly acted on one of my dreams once coz it was so vivid. :o

Not doing that well right now. Well I haven't been recently, but right now it's worse, I don't know what to do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Not doing that well right now. Well I haven't been recently, but right now it's worse, I don't know what to do :(

Same as that,,,I have been put on valdoxan as well as my other ads, still feel like staying in bed til april:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Sunday will be good.

It wasn't. And tomorrow will be worse.
    How long are you supposed to wait for something good to happen?

As long as it takes? I think. I mean, I tried not to wait, and that didn't work. Guess its all you can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Miss_Leela

Hi everyone..
    First post about my illness... Ive been online all evening looking for a forum or room where i can talk to people about borderline personality disorder and DBT (im starting DBT next month which im excited but extreamly anxious about), been diagnosed recently after seeing countless councillors over the years (First one at the age of 14/15) and being on med's for depression since the age of 18 (I am now 30) :( Im currently on Lexapro 20mg and Diazipan 10/20mg (as required). Ive read some of the former posts and can relate to a lot thats being said and its comforting to know that im not alone :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement