Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Story with Vodafone Multiple APNs

• 15-02-2010 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what the story is with the Vodafone multiple APNs - is one better than another. I know live.vodafone.ie is restricted and costs less but what about isp.vodafone.ie vs. hs.vodafone.ie vs office.vodafone.ie?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Their is some differences but their only small. The live is the most restricted and is the most different. The isp is for phones where the HS is for the mobile broadband. So slight restrictions on 1GB as to the 5GB but nothing for someone to worry about. For a user, the live would be most restricted, but can be best value in a lot of cases

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Thanks Davy, what I'm specifically wondering about is the charges for isp.vodafone.ie versus hs.vodafone.ie. I have heard that hs.vodafone.ie tends to be faster if used with a data access plan on a phone but then saw something else about people who did use the hs access point getting outrageous data bills. Just want to experiment to see which is best for me but if its a case that the hs one carries massive data charges I'll leave it be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Davy wrote: »
    Their is some differences but their only small. The live is the most restricted and is the most different. The isp is for phones where the HS is for the mobile broadband. So slight restrictions on 1GB as to the 5GB but nothing for someone to worry about. For a user, the live would be most restricted, but can be best value in a lot of cases

I do not think these restrictions are in place anymore? At least the proxy port is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

flodis79 wrote: »
    I do not think these restrictions are in place anymore? At least the proxy port is gone.

I think the restrictions are still in place, at least I know some things still didn't work the last time I tried the live APN without the proxy. I think they have it set up as a transparent proxy so even though you don't specify it in the phone the traffic is still forwarded through the proxy

Advertisement