Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding Car

• 15-02-2010 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi !

This may not be the place but you all seem to know a lot about these cars so I'll give it a shot !!:confused:
    Am getting married next Feb and would LOVE to surprise my fiance by having a really cool car for him on the day of the wedding to drive himself to the church etc and us from the church to the reception afterwards... am hoping / thinking along the lines of a Ferrari / R8 / Bugatti / Maserati or Porsche ..... anyone any ideas at all where I can hire one for the day in Dublin / Kildare area ?!!!!
    Cheers:):P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Moved from other thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Already discussed here.

This crowd in Co Meath do exotic cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Already discussed here.

This crowd in Co Meath do exotic cars.

They don't let you drive them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭dizzydiesel

You don't want to get him something too fast if you want him to make it to the church in one piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Would a dealer let out an R8 etc on hire for a special day like this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Give me a few hours (to when the other half returns) and I'll some post details of what we were looking into.
    Long story short - you get a car for 4-5 hours (lambo, aston martin etc) from a company in N.I. and are delivered to the door.

....but it definitely aint cheap.

Think it was spotted at the back of one of those wedding journal mags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you're making it a surprise make sure the bestman knows so he can stop your OH having a drink to calm his nerves the morning of the wedding. Last thing you want is him not being able to drive it cos he's had a couple of shots or a glass or two of champagne!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭dizzydiesel

mickdw wrote: »
    Would a dealer let out an R8 etc on hire for a special day like this?

The R8 would be perfect IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Not the one I was thinking about, but found a leaflet for www.thefexperience.com
    But it may be chauffeur driven....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Inexperience + Ferrari = this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pigeon23

Hi all,

Thanks a million for your replies. I know this is going to be difficult to organise !! I have looked at the R8 from a local Audi garage and am waiting for their reply. Have an enquiry in for a Delorian too, as himself is from Belfast .. But will take any suggestions that you all have !!

Thanks again:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pigeon23

Thios look scool and I suppose it being chauffeur driven wouldn't be the worst thing in the world !!!!!
    Thanks a mill !!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CONM

Inexperience + Ferrari = this.
    No I think you'll find thats a well known dublin car dealer on the way back from a carwash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

CONM wrote: »
    No I think you'll find thats a well known dublin car dealer on the way back from a carwash

Was it not a car valeting company??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

The tyre dressing and a slightly heavy foot caused that I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

I know it wasn't an exotic but my wife rented a Subaru Legacy Sport for three days for me for our wedding back in 2008. Cost = €180

Her excuse being at the time that she wanted the BMW to get all her little bits done in the few days of run up whereas I spent most of my time up and down the M50 getting last minute bits and pieces playing with the Tiptronic gearbox and cruise control :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Let's stay on topic please!

Advertisement