Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's our leader?

Options
  • 15-02-2010 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I'm refering to Brian Cowen just in case you need reminding. I'm trying to recall the last time is was around, making statements, outlining policy and other leaderly stuff like that. Can anyone help me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Probably on a high stool somewhere in Offaly:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭trapsagenius

mike65 wrote: »
    I'm refering to Brian Cowen just in case you need reminding. I'm trying to recall the last time is was around, making statements, outlining policy and other leaderly stuff like that. Can anyone help me?
    He was in NI recently, helping to prevent the whole situation there from descending into a disaster, in case you forgot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That was when? Last week of January? Anyway a good 10 days, and that was Norniron what about addressing the state of this nation? Is he even interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FINGAL FAN

He was in NI recently, helping to prevent the whole situation there from descending into a disaster, in case you forgot.

Hes already managed that in this part of the island in case you forgot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭Laminations

mike65 wrote: »
    what about addressing the state of this nation? Is he even interested?

Does he strike you as interested? What part of his mumbling in the Dail with his hand in his pocket suggests he is interested? He shows nothing but complete apathy and incompetence

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Does he strike you as interested? What part of his mumbling in the Dail with his hand in his pocket suggests he is interested? He shows nothing but complete apathy and incompetence
    Bad as FF are, this is just nonsense. How about some rational criticism?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

This post has been deleted.

Wait for the headline ...
    Greek Public Sector workers take unpaid leave to save country
    :D

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

jmayo wrote: »
    Wait for the headline ...
    Greek Public Sector workers take unpaid leave to save country
    :D

ja ja! heres another

"Ryanair moves to Athens, new jobs welcomed with open arms by the Greeks" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭Laminations

Valmont wrote: »

Its not only me that has noticed his torpor in the Dail.
    In response to a haranguing from Enda Kenny, who was most unhappy over the possibility that the Taoiseach wouldn't have to submit to a public grilling under the proposed format, Brian Cowen barely roused himself to reply at leaders' questions. He stood with one hand jammed in suit pocket as if he was queuing for chips, the other holding up a prepared reply, which he read out in a half-hearted mutter. The first stage of the inquiry, he stated, would be conducted by "independent experts".

source

And here he is in living colour talking about the banking inquiry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH_eHXWiew8

Hand goes into pocket a 2.00 and 2.45 but he realises it and it comes straight back out....but not for long.

Hands in pockets is no way to address the Dail, I may have been quick to suggest it is apathy (it could easily be a confidence issue), either way it is not a quality of a good leader. He just seems fed up to me.

As for incompetence, do I need references here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

He is in Dignan's, having a pint or five. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

I didn't know we had one..........

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Golly Valmont,that`s a little tetchy surely ?

Given that Mr Cowen is Taoiseach,which is such a very hi-profile Leadership position,his people are entitled to see some form of evidence of this leadership.

The oft peddled line that Brian Cowen was some superior intellectual debating gigant has been shown to be savagely incorrect.

What we have been presented with is a leader apparently VERY uncomfortable with the visual media and oddly unable to utilize the print media.

In this situation the manner in which a leader presents himself IS of some note as it is the ONLY way in which his people can get a feel for the man himself.

Brian Cowen is perhaps the worst communicator currently in Dáil Eireann and that really is a sad state of affairs :(

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

After an absence which was definitely noted, he was back this evening, intervening in the rows about Mary Coughlan and Willie O Dea, or should I say defending the indefensible! (and the dumb!)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭freewheeler

Brilliant..Mary Coughlan (the incompetent one) Willie O' Dea (the lying one) Will someone please explain to me how these two continue in public office? they are an embarrassment but to be fair they illustrate perfectly what FF have brought to this country.. lies and incompetence.:mad:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Brilliant..Mary Coughlan (the incompetent one) Willie O' Dea (the lying one) Will someone please explain to me how these two continue in public office? they are an embarrassment but to be fair they illustrate perfectly what FF have brought to this country.. lies and incompetence.:mad:
    woah there - apparently she's not completely incompetent!
    http://www.herald.ie/national-news/im-not-completely-incompetent-says-coughlan-2060908.html

Advertisement