Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Web Space with UPC

• 15-02-2010 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,

I'm new to this setting up web pages thing and all that. I'm looking to set up a web page using the free web space that i get with my UPC Broadband.

But i can not find on the upc website how i can access this free web space
    - how do get a username and password
    - what's my web address
    - what is the FTP address????

Can anyone help me in trying to get a web page set up on the UPC free web space?

Thanks,
    Daithi:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

you need to ftp onto it using an ftp client like filezilla http://filezilla-project.org or any other ftp client you like.

The settings are as follows

HOST :members.upc.ie
    USER : same as your UPC mail name normally firstname.lastname
    PASS : same as UPC mail password

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Daithi Thorn

Cheers IrishTony.

Do you know then what my homepage address would be then? Would it be www.members.upc.ie/firstname.lastname or something else?

Thanks

thanks for that, nearly there now....one final question for tonight - do you know if UPC provides MySQL so that i can create a blog?

Thanks,
    Daithi

don't reckon they do, but not sure on it. They don't have any information on their web site regarding the web space at all. I had to email them and phone them to find out, and even then the person had to call me back after they found out :)

• Advertisement

thanks for the help..had actually the same experience as you...rang them about 5pm and they have just got back now with all the info you gave me.....

cheers again!

No worries ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I doubt UPC provide MySQL, you;ll likely have to get yourself a hosting package of some sort if you want that...try blacknight.com or godaddy.com or something

Advertisement