Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Hammer's 50 albums of the decade

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

This list is a joke, no disrespect to Machine Head - hell, I'm seeing them this week so I must like them - but the Blackening is (in my opinion) not the greatest record of the last 10 years. I'd be hard pressed to say what is because it's been a great decade for good metal in the right places.

And Pantera at 18 - come on, may Dime RIP, but this album was far from anything great and Pantera themselves would have been the first to tell you that

• Registered Users Posts: 15 garvielloken

I can't believe they didn't include Immortal Sons of northern darkness or Dopethrone by Electric Wizard. No wonder I stopped reading that piece of **** years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

must agree sme crap bands there allright. brave new world should be way ahead of amolad, cant stand slipknot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

while there are some phenomenal album's in this list (Mastodon, Gojira, Opeth, Tool) it seems that the **** mainstream acceptable ones have been filtered to the top.

It's a casual metal listeners top 50 list i.e the emo kids loitering around shopping centres top 50 list.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I can't believe they didn't include Immortal Sons of northern darkness or Dopethrone by Electric Wizard. No wonder I stopped reading that piece of **** years ago.

Sons of Northern Darkness is indeed a class album. They new album 'All Shall Fall' is pretty damned good, but obviously not quite as great as 'SOND'.
    villains77 wrote: »
    must agree sme crap bands there allright. brave new world should be way ahead of amolad, cant stand slipknot.

I also agree that 'Brave New World' is much better than amolad. I also really really hate Slipknot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

cant f**kin abide slipknot either, had to sit thru em in '04, what a load of w@nk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 oweno

No mention of any clutch albums. there has not been 50 better albums than blast tyrant in the last 10 years. FACT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

a lot of list is cheesy nonsense that is'nt even metal....its like the list is for teenage emo girls to buy the magazine.....well 'ard:pac::pac::pac:

i have to disagree with the slipknot haters.... subliminal verses album is a classic...i was'nt mad into what they did before that.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

while there are some phenomenal album's in this list (Mastodon, Gojira, Opeth, Tool) it seems that the **** mainstream acceptable ones have been filtered to the top.

It's a casual metal listeners top 50 list i.e the emo kids loitering around shopping centres top 50 list.
    yeah, ill add a plus 1 to that

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

youd wonder are metal hammer and kerrang even run by people who like metal anymore .there just full of crap most times more so kerrang ,the hammer has the odd good interviews now and then

maybe theyve sold there magazine to tesco or something and get people to just come in and say ahh yea that must be good throw that in the top 50 oh and this too, supprised not too see anyone like brian adams or something like that in there ha ha ha ha ha how long till they start reviewing michael p*xy buble albums

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

micheal buble can sing:)
    but anyway, that list is a bit crap alright,
    imo they should have picked pray for villains by devildriver, as much as i love the last kind words, pray for villains was just incredible
    but leaving that aside, HIM at 9? bit much tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

gungun wrote: »
    micheal buble can sing:)
    but anyway, that list is a bit crap alright,
    imo they should have picked pray for villains by devildriver, as much as i love the last kind words, pray for villains was just incredible
    but leaving that aside, HIM at 9? bit much tbh

so can jedward :D muah ha ha ha couldnt keep a straight face saying that.(they got dropped by their record label)that made my day

agreed with the devil driver ,awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ThrowinShapes

No Between the Buried and Me?

Oh dear...

Definitely agree on Clayman being better than Come Clarity as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

No Between the Buried and Me?

Oh dear...

Definitely agree on Clayman being better than Come Clarity as well.

I think they should've just listed Colors 100 times. :p

I actually prefer Come Clarity for some reason, although Clayman is great it's my least favourite of the first 5 albums.

Anyway here's Decibel's list. http://www.terrorizer.com/main-forum/music/decibel-mags-greatest-100-albums-decade

'Tis much better.

Advertisement