Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radio Discussion Series on Atheism/Christianity

• 15-02-2010 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just a heads up, there'll be a discussion tonight between Atheist Ireland and a Christian on LifeFM 93.1 in Cork (www.lifefm.ie to listen online) on
    "Where do morals come from?" and also "If God is good why do bad things happen?" It's on from 9pm to 10pm

I think they'll be taking emails and texts, so tune in and support the atheist or the Christian :-)

It's part of a series on the station every monday night on "BIG" religious questions. They discussed does God exist last week.

a4j_ie

Did you listen to the show/s? 2 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

I expect the same old arguments, hopefully I am wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭a4j_ie

Hi guys,

You can text in 086-7200931 or email comments on nightlife@lifefm.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Not bad at all. The AI man did a fairly good job of hounding the theist on the 4 generations of torment for unbelievers and their progeny.

Quite happy I got the Arthur C Clarke quote in to close the show.

Rather enjoyed the show tonight. I'm excited to see what might come next week. The questions asked are extremely valid ones and I think that hounding the Christian to answer them on the spot is difficult because to be fair as he pointed out it's part of a narrative and you have to understand the stories in context.

Tune in again next week and glad we got that Arthur C Clarke comment in. It's great to get feedback on the show positive and negative.

In case you haven't noticed I'm the host. Send your questions and potential forthcoming show topics to me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Missed it - but thanks for the head up!

What Arthur C quote was it - the "indistinguishable from magic" one? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

a4j_ie wrote: »
    you have to understand the stories in context.

We get that a lot. Slavery is slavery is slavery.

Best of luck with the show.

the quote was the greatest tradgedy in mankind's history maybe the hijacking of morality by religion.

An interesting quote to be sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Will a recording of this be online/podcasted?

Woulda liked to hear !

I'm working on getting podcasts working on the site this week.

I'll post here when they are available. Tune in next week between 9 and 10pm and there'll be another discussion. I opened a thread here as well asking for suggestions of topics to discuss, would be great to get your contributions too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

No point in having two threads about this particular show.

Anything else relating to this show (including archive links) can go into the newer (renamed) thread going forward. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement