Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guitar effects pedal

• 15-02-2010 9:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm looking for a good all-rounder effects pedal for an electric guitar, maybe an amp with all built in (maybe even with a wah pedal built in if possible, or separate)- I've a ****ty amp

I'm an amateur guitarist so nothing too pricey.

I was looking around musicstore.com, but don't know my head from my arse.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Boss ME50 multi effects pedal.

Not sure if they are still made, you can get them on adverts.ie from €110 - €150, there are usually a few up there. it has leads of effects including wah!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Organeer

Have a look at Line 6 amps. They come with a fairly decent effects selection, & the prices are ok too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Boss ME50 multi effects pedal.

Not sure if they are still made, you can get them on adverts.ie from €110 - €150, there are usually a few up there. it has leads of effects including wah!

Ill second that. Amazingly good value, simple to use, very easy to find a sound your happy with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

don't buy an amp with digital effects built in,they sound awful!

get a multi-effects board or even better,pickup up some cheap stand alone pedals instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭BSOM

If you can wait until March take a look at the new Fender G-Dec.

It will, in my opinion, set the bar for modelling amps. It will have loads of pre-set sounds, built in tracks, built in recording and you will be able to connect it to the net via your laptop and share / download new sounds etc.

Its mean to be around €425 but I would say ourselves and the net will be doing it for around €375.

J
    (If you want it sooner rather than later, look along the Boss ME range or the Zoom stuff)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

If you don't like your amp, the best thing you can do is get a better amp. Effects can come later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Hi all,
    I'm looking for a good all-rounder effects pedal for an electric guitar, maybe an amp with all built in (maybe even with a wah pedal built in if possible, or separate)- I've a ****ty amp

I'm an amateur guitarist so nothing too pricey.

The Vox Vt's are not a bad step up - had one a while back. Decent effects with the optional foot switch. It wont do as good a job as the individuals, but I found it perfect when money was tight. I have an ME50B for my bass, no complaints. Not perfect but it meets my limited needs. Have always had good experiences with the boss multi units.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Line 6 POD XT Live @ around €200 or less for used one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Line 6 POD XT Live @ around €200 or less for used one.
    I came on here to post that :). I bought one a few years ago and I wish I'd bought one sooner. They really are fantastic.

Malice_ wrote: »
    I came on here to post that :). I bought one a few years ago and I wish I'd bought one sooner. They really are fantastic.

So i was first and you were second. :)

Anyway, i can't believe that nobody else mentioned them. It really is a buyers market at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

For anyone living in shared accommodation it would be very handy as all you need to make noise is the PodXT and a pair of headphones (and a guitar obviously ;) ). No need to be lugging an amp anywhere.

Malice_ wrote: »
    For anyone living in shared accommodation it would be very handy as all you need to make noise is the PodXT and a pair of headphones (and a guitar obviously ;) ). No need to be lugging an amp anywhere.

Yup. I saw a guy using one for a gig with no amp. Straight into the mixing desk. Or you could jack it to a Mesa 2:90 power amp and then into a 4x12, and set to 'kill' or 'stun'.

Advertisement