Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match thread - boards cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

JohnButler wrote: »
    Goats v Gnomes..... let the mind games commence!

I'm picturing a lot of demented staring for some reason...

Cheers Mar-z, at about 50mins I was 28-13 down but then got 3 tries! Leaving the last one just late enough. In fairness, my team were well rested because I had the luxury of a bot on Saturday which would explain my stronger finish.

Just looking at the fixtures, not that I am complaining but why am I at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

crisco10 wrote: »
    Just looking at the fixtures, not that I am complaining but why am I at home?
    If my sums are right, both you and gnomes had +6 points difference from the semis, but you scored more tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

@jprender - you poo'd all over me. It was disappointing to end like that after a great little run. My poor lads are devestated

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

God Damn It Mar-Z, I told ya to win the cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Fewcifur wrote: »

:( Frankie you mean to say you wanted the Gnomes to lose? That hurts man, hurts real bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Fewcifur wrote: »

I'm sorry Frankie, if it makes you feel better I'm wearing a must do better sticker on my forehead today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

:( Frankie you mean to say you wanted the Gnomes to lose? That hurts man, hurts real bad!

He just wanted to be able to say he lost to the winner :p

Actually so do I, so Go Gnomes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Oisinjm wrote: »
    @jprender - you poo'd all over me. It was disappointing to end like that after a great little run. My poor lads are devestated

I played a lot of my first team last night Oisin, so that would probably explain the score-line.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

mar-z wrote: »
    He just wanted to be able to say he lost to the winner :p

Actually so do I, so Go Gnomes!

Bingo!

jprender wrote: »
    Ok, I'll do that.

It'll have to be on Wednesday though !

Ok, I had a look at all the images and I can't figure out why the other two weren't accepted :confused:

So, here are the three trophies now.

championscupii.png

almostthereawardb.png

tryhardertrophyii.png

• Advertisement

I've changed the images slightly so try these ones before we are stuck with the gold and bronze trophies above.

boardscup.png

tryhardertrophy.png

I think they might need this "outer-glow" thing before they are accepted. I'm still working on that !

Here they are with the "outer-glow".

If this doesn't work than I have no clue :o

boardscup.png

tryhardertrophy.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Folks, what's the deal for the finals? Is it WNWIM or is it by agreement?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Folks, what's the deal for the finals? Is it WNWIM or is it by agreement?

Agreement.

Not looking good for the Goats. Gnomes have them outgunned in every area bar scrum and defence. (which are only even!)

I'm a try down after 55 secs! Could be a long night :(

9-7 to the Goats. Penalty count of 8-1 is....ahem....keeping the goats in the game. lol

Yet again the Gnomes are having discipline problems!! Match a long way from over and there are a few twists and turns to come yet me feels... roll on second half!

See MMII have snuck ahead as well....nice going!

Snuck is the right word! Given away 7 pens compared to 3 and not even in the races for territory. Gonna be a tight second half... I hope!

Yet again the Gnomes are having discipline problems!! Match a long way from over and there are a few twists and turns to come yet me feels... roll on second half!

See MMII have snuck ahead as well....nice going!

In fairness, I think you have me everywhere. But thats a crippling penalty count. I am expecting you to pull away but will be pleasantly surprised if that doesn't happen.

• Advertisement

In fairness, I think you have me everywhere. But thats a crippling penalty count. I am expecting you to pull away but will be pleasantly surprised if that doesn't happen.

Didn't realise you are Killarney. Have to say I think you're the better attacking team, seem to have more possession and do more with it. I'm hoping to stay with you for the second half!

Didn't realise you are Killarney. Have to say I think you're the better attacking team, seem to have more possession and do more with it. I'm hoping to stay with you for the second half!

I'm not Killarney. :confused::confused: I is a GOAT!

I'm not Killarney. :confused::confused:

Lol, think we are both trying to a Declan Kidney on it!

[EMAIL="Doh@me"]Doh@me[/EMAIL].... helps when I read lol

But thanks for the vote of confidence cos I just scored!

Seriously think the gnomes scoring is only a matter of time. LIving in the Goats half...

Seriously think the gnomes scoring is only a matter of time. LIving in the Goats half...
    Quite right. Fulltime Goats 9 Gnomes 10.

MMII 22 Killarney 17

Fookers 32 Lovelies 10

Congrats all!

Quite right. Fulltime Goats 9 Gnomes 10.

MMII 22 Killarney 17

Fookers 32 Lovelies 10

Congrats all!

Well done Gnomes. A deserved win. Although annoying it was the bloody last kick of the game! Let me get my hopes up!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Dave, how close was tonight's team to your first team, and how different was it to last week's team?

I'll send you another friendly request for next Monday, I'm trying some things out so it makes sense to play the same team.

I'm putting up the trophies now people. ;)

Well done Gnomes. A deserved win. Although annoying it was the bloody last kick of the game! Let me get my hopes up!

A big thank you to the Goats! Twas a nail biter to the very end and genuinely thought i was a goner, but am delighted with the outcome! Thrilled with my first boards cup victory...been waiting a while for it!!

Also well done to the other victors!

And a big shout out to Dangerous Dave Hartnett!!

Finally i would like to thank my mom and dad for believing in me and God for being awesome!:D

Lastly , to Orizio for introducing me to Blackout through the rugby forum, i send my thanks.

Its all getting a bit much right now...sob sob

• Advertisement

Orizio wrote: »
    Dave, how close was tonight's team to your first team, and how different was it to last week's team?
    Almost entirely a B/development team (3 first team players).
    It was a very similar lineup to last week. The only changes were the back 3 shuffled around, 10% less pick and go, 10% more creative.

Advertisement