Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection issue

• 15-02-2010 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have eircom broadband. It is set up via network cable to a desktop, which connects fine however it is a different story on my laptop. When i am in the same room with the router the internet connects on the laptop however if i move anywhere in the house out of the room the connection breaks. Any ideas???

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭stellarartois

do you have an eircom router, they're wireless is crap, it sucks like a sucky calf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

do you have an eircom router, they're wireless is crap, it sucks like a sucky calf

It does!
    Ya its eircom.
    Its driving me mad!!
    Any solutions?

Ticktactoe wrote: »
    It does!
    Ya its eircom.
    Its driving me mad!!
    Any solutions?

Buy a new router or sit beside the one you have

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gmurray

I'm looking to replace my eircom router to any recommendations for a new router? is it a gateway that I should be looking for.

any thing linksys is good, get one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 gmurray

any thing linksys is good, get one!
    Will do. cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

Thats grand. Was just checking to see that it wasn't something i was missing. Basically the modem is crap, got it!

/ off to see about getting a new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭iknorr

Ring eircom, complain that the modem is crap and ask them for a different model .
    say the model they supplied is useless. if they cant give you a different router then ask for them to take it back and credit your account with the price of the router. you can then buy your own router from that.

Advertisement