Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champion's League - call it

• 15-02-2010 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭

Pick yizzer winners

Winner 2010 125 votes

Arsenal
    0%
    Bordeauk
    7%
    super_furrycashback[Deleted User]OPENROADKingdomoverexcitedajSDTimeoutG1032Reginald P. DuM 9 votes
    Chelsea
    2%
    Eire-DeargDiabhal BeagEpicurus 3 votes
    Barcelona
    21%
    jesus_thats_greevad_lhorgjoe123JazzyJPAdsmythyFrisbeeJohnercarlopGonzovisionCHDPanthroInvincibleMayoForSamGreen HornetOSItok9jethro081pistolpetes11DazMarz 27 votes
    Olympiakos
    31%
    PHBPiEbytePalefacegimmickraven136Kingp35antodbohsmanMr.Nice GuyMitch Connor[Deleted User]plonkpatmaceZe^PCrosinternelligentgebbelflahavajgrames_bond 39 votes
    VFB Stuttgart
    0%
    Jordonvito 1 vote
    Sevilla
    0%
    m@cc@ 1 vote
    CSKA Moscow
    0%
    Inter Milan
    0%
    GLaDOS 1 vote
    AC Milan
    5%
    VokesIagoErinGoBrathMr. PresentableSean7dor83daithijjj 7 votes
    Manchester United
    1%
    TristramReganio 2 2 votes
    Real Madrid
    14%
    ncc98071RandolphEsqNalzFutureGuyDouble CBeanmachineelgriffShaneUkryogencallaway92Zonda999miralizeK4tjaykay74Mmcdduffman13larchieladsLe King 18 votes
    Lyon
    7%
    cournioniHolstenPeyton ManningK-9WarperGreen GiantIrishcrxHalloweenJackDaemos 9 votes
    FC Porto
    0%
    premierstone 1 vote
    Bayern Munich
    0%
    Fiorentina
    5%
    projectmayhemHeadshotDayshaBubs101NehaxakIvySlayerAidric 7 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Fiorentina
    Voted for Bayern. They've been in sensational form in the Bundesliga recently, played amazingly against Juve to get to this stage and that's all been without Ribery who's coming back at the perfect time for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Barcelona
    It's either Chelsea to notch up their first win or Barca to retain it, as far as I'm concerned.
    Man United not good enough in midfield (and probably defensively), Real Madrid are a joke club, Arsenal not up to it against tactically astute teams, Inter can't make the step up, the rest are also rans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Fiorentina
    Bubs101 wrote: »
    Voted for Bayern. They've been in sensational form in the Bundesliga recently, played amazingly against Juve to get to this stage and that's all been without Ribery who's coming back at the perfect time for them

Was thinking the same. Robben has been unreal for them and if Bayern can keep him fit they should be there abouts

just their defence would worry me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Barcelona
    Chelsea an Barca would keep them at bay and knock a few past them over 2 legs handily enough imo. Robben will break his ankles getting out of bed soon anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Olympiakos
    Voted Barça again.

Simply sensational again this season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Fiorentina
    CHD wrote: »
    Chelsea an Barca would keep them at bay and knock a few past them over 2 legs handily enough imo. Robben will break his ankles getting out of bed soon anyway.

Not sure about that. Think all the teams in the Premiership have gotten worse this year so I'd rule us out, Barca probably won't due to the difficulties in winning two in a row, Inter should challenge but they're bottler central and Real's team is so unbalanced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Barcelona
    Bayern? They have shown nothing to suggest they can even make an impact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Barcelona
    Can't see United getting as far as they did last season, my money's on Chelsea. Their physicality and skill are just lethal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Olympiakos
    I think any of these teams could win it:

Barca, Real Madrid, Chelsea, United, Inter

(that's not to suggest that I expect all of them to progress to the next round, indeed i think some might not)

If I had to pick, I'd pick Barca.

Obviously. United were worse than them last year, they improved, United at best, at best, stayed the same.
    Real Madrid have Kaka and Ronaldo. They could win the thing on their bloody own. Whether they can gel and get balance in the team is the big question imo. They are the biggest club still in it that is probably already writing off the league.
    Chelsea imo haven't improved much either. Although their manager is a better tactician I suppose.
    Inter are good, but much better than last year, but imo had a real chance to go last year, and were unlucky to draw an eventual finalist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Olympiakos
    I'd be shocked if United made another final. I think Barca can do it twice on the trot although their recent injuries are a concern. Still, Stuttgart should be straightforward for them.

I reckon Sevilla could be a good dark horse bet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

AC Milan
    I have chosen Inter. Quite possibly the team I would least like to win, but there's a new belief in them in the last few months and they have the squad. I think the choker has been choked out of them.

Fiorentina
    JPA wrote: »
    Bayern? They have shown nothing to suggest they can even make an impact.

they're a changed team in the Bundesliga since they qualified, playing some superb attacking football. Robben is a joy to watch

Barcelona
    Not sure about that. Think all the teams in the Premiership have gotten worse this year so I'd rule us out, Barca probably won't due to the difficulties in winning two in a row, Inter should challenge but they're bottler central and Real's team is so unbalanced
    We will brush Inter aside! Real are nothing special. Bayern are decent. United will be there or thereabouts and can make the final if they avoid Chelsea or Barca over two legs imo. Arsenal won't do it. Bordeaux could do a Liverpool and have a good run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Olympiakos
    Barca, they are on fire this season, although the loss to Athletico could be the beginning of a dodgy patch, just as well they got Stuggart which in fairness will be like a training session for them

Barcelona
    PHB wrote: »

Real Madrid have Kaka and Ronaldo. They could win the thing on their bloody own. Whether they can gel and get balance in the team is the big question imo. They are the biggest club still in it that is probably already writing off the league.

2 points behind and they're writing off the league? :confused:

Barcelona

Barca, Real Madrid, Chelsea, United, Inter

(that's not to suggest that I expect all of them to progress to the next round, indeed i think some might not)

If I had to pick, I'd pick Barca.

Obviously. United were worse than them last year, they improved, United at best, at best, stayed the same.
    Chelsea imo haven't improved much either. Although their manager is a better tactician I suppose.
    Inter are good, but much better than last year, but imo had a real chance to go last year, and were unlucky to draw an eventual finalist.
    lol it is impossible for them all to progress. Do people forget how bad Serie A is and how average Inter have been in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

My heart says United, but my brain says Barca. Brilliant team all around.

Barcelona
    Headshot wrote: »
    they're a changed team in the Bundesliga since they qualified, playing some superb attacking football. Robben is a joy to watch

I'd be shocked if they get to the semis. A german team winning the champions league these days would have to be head and shoulders above their league rivals to be deemed good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

I hope it's a team outside of Spain and England, but it probably will be between Chelsea and Barca.

Barcelona
    4 votes for Arsenal and none for Man United? Something's not right there. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Olympiakos
    I watched Inter come ****ing close to beating United last year. Write them off at your peril.
    2 points behind and they're writing off the league?

Kaka came out and pretty much said it a while ago. CL is their priority.

As for the suggesting they might not all progress, I was being ironical.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Aw, I thought this was going to be about renaming the CL.

Fiorentina
    I watched Inter come ****ing close to beating United last year. Write them off at your peril.

close to beating utd

we must be watching different games :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Lyon
    Real, home turf and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Barcelona
    Heart says Chelsea

Head is undecided

I do not think Barcelona will retain it, for some reason. The burn out has to happen some time. They've been in 4th or 5th gear for so long, it's gotta stop sometime. If they do retain it, it will be another historic victory. They've pretty much got a bye into the next round, cos Stuttgart will do well do avoid getting ditched by less that 4 goals on aggregate.

Manchester United could very easily do it, all weaknesses and whatever else aside. This is the time of the season they love and when they really pick up the pace. Never out of it at all.

Chelsea could also snatch it this year, but the loss of Ashley Cole and Essien returning from injury could be crucial as these are two huge players for Chelsea. Chelsea are stuttering a bit in the League. Could easily transfer into Europe and Inter will be no slouch team that will fold easily.

Voted for Chelsea, cos I want them to win it so badly... Only time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Real Madrid
    Can see us (United) playing Chelsea/Barca in the final this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Sevilla

Close to beating United?! United outplayed them at the SS and should have won but did the job at OT instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

VFB Stuttgart
    voted for olympiakas cos they are quite clearly the best team in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Lyon
    Real, just a hunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

AC Milan
    Sneaky feeling for inter.

(Barca to go out with a ridiculous refereeing decision, in what round, i dont know).

Sevilla
    daithijjj wrote: »

(Barca to go out with a ridiculous refreeing decision, in what round, i dont know).

I'm going for the 2nd leg in the semi. They'll have a Scandinavian referee who will rob them of a place in the final by turning away a few stonewall penalty claims. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Barcelona
    m@cc@ wrote: »
    I'm going for the 2nd leg in the semi. They'll have a Scandinavian referee who will rob them of a place in the final by turning away a few stonewall penalty claims. :D

With any luck...;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Barcelona
    Chelsea this year without a doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

AC Milan

If that happens it will be a ..............

14ui442.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Who or what is Bordeauk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

AC Milan
    Voted Inted because I think that most teams will underestimate us this year, we are a much better and more balanced team this year and don't just rely on Ibra anymore. The hardest game will be Chelsea, Ancelloti knows Inter better than any other manager in the CL and will not let his players get complacent and think it will be easy. Also, don't underestimate Milan because they know how to play in the CL and when they play well they are still a good team with a few dangerous players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Chelsea
    Went for Bordeaux. Outstanding in the group stages, two victories over Bayern Munich. Top manager in Blanc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Lyon
    Des wrote: »
    Who or what is Bordeauk

Quality team. I fancy them to go quite far in the Champions Leak, they've got quality players like Yoann Gourcuv and Marouane Chamagh.

Sevilla
    dor83 wrote: »
    Voted Inted because I think that most teams will underestimate us this year, we are a much better and more balanced team this year and don't just rely on Ibra anymore.

And you support them. ;)
    Des wrote: »
    Who or what is Bordeauk

They're pronounced Board-oak. Can't see them going far, they've given some pretty wooden performances this season.

AC Milan
    And you support them. ;)
    There is a bit of bias but I genuinely think that this is the best chance we have had to win it, the current team/squad is the best Inter team I have seen and with Mourinho we have the manager too. Sneijder is what we were missing last year, a link between midfield and strickers, and now we have Pandev who can play there if needed too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liv- ah damn :(

Inter for the laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Barca to beat real in the final 6-0 and we all get to laugh at Perez.

Fiorentina
    dor83 wrote: »
    There is a bit of bias but I genuinely think that this is the best chance we have had to win it, the current team/squad is the best Inter team I have seen and with Mourinho we have the manager too. Sneijder is what we were missing last year, a link between midfield and strickers, and now we have Pandev who can play there if needed too.

ye have a great team dor83 but ye do choke in Europe alot and i would be worried that mentality is still in the team

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Inter Milan
    The lack of united votes is odd to say the least...

Good to see, whether rightly or wrongly, people can ignore their bias

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Sevilla
    The lack of united votes is odd to say the least...

Good to see, whether rightly or wrongly, people can ignore their bias

Chelsea still have the most votes. I'd consider them to be closer to United's standard than Barca's.

AC Milan
    Headshot wrote: »
    ye have a great team dor83 but ye do choke in Europe alot and i would be worried that mentality is still in the team
    I was until recently when they have been playing with a different mentality in Serie A, they are playing like a different team now and never giving up on a game. I also don't think we choked against Utd last year, Utd were the better team but we were unlucky not to score. As I said, Chelsea is the worst team we could possibly have got in this round and if we get by them then I think we will win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Olympiakos
    Voted Barca, but I seriously think those ruling out Real and Manchester United could seriously have egg on their face in 2 months time...

Sevilla
    eZe^ wrote: »
    Voted Barca, but I seriously think those ruling out Real and Manchester United could seriously have egg on their face in 2 months time...

Spot on. In recent times, it's been shown that United are never more dangerous than when they've been written off. Also, it's not like they're off the pace with Chelsea. Only problem with United and Real is that they're both heavily reliant on one player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Barcelona
    i call it champions league..(haww haww haww, my sense of humour really is gone to sh!t lately)
    i voted chelsea for no reason other than im a biased son of a b!tch who thinks the pensioners have an excellent squad with a good mix of youth and experience, who both know what it takes and have the determination to go all the way and win this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

Olympiakos
    voted for barca
    cant seen man u getting passed milian
    and as for the others i can only see Chelsea or inter stopping them

• Advertisement
Advertisement