Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

I'd say it's related to their new studio.new equipment always has technical
    Problems

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's the 19th of November and after seven days ray played all I want for c*******s by Mariah Carey. Can we get to the twelfth month at least ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Did he actually play it? I only heard them crooning over the intro to it before 7 days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Dermot and Dave were playing Christmas music last week in Cheese or Crackers, so they're not the first ones ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭elmoslats

Apparently theyve been on one year today.

Ray can be very sensitive. This is the tweet he was giving out about this morning
    https://twitter.com/rayfoleyshow/status/402525805898510336

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

elmoslats wrote: »
    Apparently theyve been on one year today.

Ray can be very sensitive. This is the tweet he was giving out about this morning
    https://twitter.com/rayfoleyshow/status/402525805898510336

Love Ray, love the show, but I've said this before too. On the old show I text in during Nordy Eoghan's segment (back when he first appeared) with some constructive criticism and JP read it out, but completely in the wrong tone of voice and Ray savaged me. Was actually taken aback at the time.

I've gotten back into the podcasts lately. It would be class if Phil and Deeno could be in Malt House. They all string it together excellently though, considering they are so far apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Seemingly Bressie misconstrued their comment about him from the papers this morning. Don't know if Bressie tweeted or not but if so he's deleted any comments on it.

https://soundcloud.com/rayfoleyshow/for-niall

Link not working

Seemingly Bressie misconstrued their comment about him from the papers this morning. Don't know if Bressie tweeted or not but if so he's deleted any comments on it.

https://soundcloud.com/rayfoleyshow/for-niall

What's that then? :) I missed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

He must have taken it down. Basically according to Foley Bressie complained about a comment they made about his interview with the Irish Daily Mail when they were reviewing the papers. It looks like Bressie either misheard or was misinformed.

The Soundcloud included a snippet of the paper review and a transcript of that section itself, where Foley read out the headline, which involved Bressie talking about his mental health.
    FolIt was something along the lines of:

Foley - "Bressie is on the front of the IDM this morning with *blah blah blah headline*. He's plastered all over the columns today, which is a good this with all his mental health stuff"
    JP - "Yeah, it's raising awareness"
    Foley - "He was on Dermot and Dave yesterday too".

Tha'ts all that was said, but Bressie took it all the wrong way. I'm guessing Foley got a phone call and it was all taken down. :pac:

• Advertisement

Synode wrote: »
    Did he actually play it? I only heard them crooning over the intro to it before 7 days

Yes they played U2 after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

He must have taken it down. Basically according to Foley Bressie complained about a comment they made about his interview with the Irish Daily Mail when they were reviewing the papers. It looks like Bressie either misheard or was misinformed.

The Soundcloud included a snippet of the paper review and a transcript of that section itself, where Foley read out the headline, which involved Bressie talking about his mental health.
    FolIt was something along the lines of:

Foley - "Bressie is on the front of the IDM this morning with *blah blah blah headline*. He's plastered all over the columns today, which is a good this with all his mental health stuff"
    JP - "Yeah, it's raising awareness"
    Foley - "He was on Dermot and Dave yesterday too".

Tha'ts all that was said, but Bressie took it all the wrong way. I'm guessing Foley got a phone call and it was all taken down. :pac:

From Foley's Twitter : Hey @nbrez Just got your complaint. You should've called! - can't reply in 140 chars. Read this/check your email *link to soundcloud file removed*

Link seems to be working again..

We just got a complaint from Bressie about something he was told we said about him on air this morning.

I'm just putting the clip up here because the listen-back function on our site still isn't working. Here's the full extent of what was said word-for-word in our daily review of the newspapers this morning:

Ray: Bressie's on the front of the Irish Daily Mail, harping on about - I imagine it's his mental health again, is it? 'Bressie: I broke my arm to get the doctors to listen to me' and he's getting a lot of column inches out of it as well which is a good thing for mental health.

JP: It's raising awareness yeah.

Ray: He was on with Dermot and Dave as well yesterday I believe.

That's it. Unedited and in full. Then we moved on. We even played a Bressie song later in the show. The audio is here, with 2,000 added ums and ahs because of my inability to read at 7am.

Love always,

Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Ray: ... a sensual massage...
    JP: The best kind...

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Those "Ray Foley, putting the Ray in radio" soundbites are really annoying. Surely can't be the only one who finds them irritating.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Those "Ray Foley, putting the Ray in radio" soundbites are really annoying. Surely can't be the only one who finds them irritating.

Thank christ it's not me then. Was that deeno singing along to all i want to for C*******S before the start of seven days yesterday ? She can hold a note in fairness from what i heard.

JUST about to listen to todays podcast. A few ads left in yesterdays one.

Oh dear ann marie messed with the wrong foley. Not on the list of cards given out at the 25th of december me thinks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Ryan2me

I tweeted ray about those annoying jingles "putting the ray in radio".

asked him to tell who ever uploads the podcast to stop using the same jingle in the podcast.

All I got back was "ok"

seems to have worked! havent heard it once in the podcast yet. #winning

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just listened to Tuesday's podcast there. Getting the caller on who'd sent in the wrong answer to the quiz was bloody hilarious. :D

New jingle for eh yeah okay this morning.

• Advertisement

Haha good dj jayo.

"It wouldn't be Christmas without m&s."

"No, it would be chrita."

"It's up to U."

It appears that Donal is back doing stuff for the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭elmoslats

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It appears that Donal is back doing stuff for the show.

Nordy Eoghan 2.0

Lazy radio of sorts this morning.

Love this Andy Williams Xmas song!

How does the song v song wheel thing work? Does Ray just pick whatever song he wants and plays the wheel sound effect anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

So is anyone from here going to email in to go to the live show in Bewleys? I'm considering it, but if I was chosen I'm pretty certain no one I know would want to go with me :P

The Original Rude Boys interview was gas today. Especially Foley's story about himself and JP being mistaken for them

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

Seren_ wrote: »
    So is anyone from here going to email in to go to the live show in Bewleys? I'm considering it, but if I was chosen I'm pretty certain no one I know would want to go with me :P

I'll go with ya! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

On the train to Dublin at the moment and every time they say "Ballybrophe" I hear Ann's voice in my head. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

Have to say it was a great show today. Dustin was brilliant

Advertisement