Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

So, this guy Donal. Did he actually get a job with 98 or was he just a guy who kept doing the Eh Yeah OK enough for them to take notice? If it's the latter then, feck sake I hate that guy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

So, this guy Donal. Did he actually get a job with 98 or was he just a guy who kept doing the Eh Yeah OK enough for them to take notice? If it's the latter then, feck sake I hate that guy :pac:

I kinda think it's the latter...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

"Im from naaas."

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Decobuzz

Any moments when he has slagged off D'Arcy recently? I like when he does that

Decobuzz wrote: »
    Any moments when he has slagged off D'Arcy recently? I like when he does that

Well if you count Dustin doing it then not that long ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭elmoslats

I'm missing the podcast only bits...hasn't been one in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I don't know. I think I'm being a bit cynical but I would not be surprised if the whole thing had been a bit of a set up and he didn't actually win the money or anything i.e. that he'd started working there and it was thought to be a good way to introduce him on air. TBH even if that were the truth, I don't care cause I think he seems like a pretty cool guy and is a good addition to the show.

I feel a bit bad casting such aspersions on here because I really enjoy the show and don't want to cause issues for anyone involved :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm catching up on some podcasts at the moment.

The Panto during the OB at Bewleys was hilarious. "Heeeey........ how ya doin'?" :pac:

https://www.facebook.com/therayfoleyshow/posts/699039846781446

A new podcast from ray outside of the 98fm radio podcast. It's instead of the podcast only bit.

It seems to involve Ray, JP, Ann, Al, and Shauna. It says it's been recorded by the old team and the new team, but it's been the old lot so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

Itssoeasy wrote: »

A new podcast from ray outside of the 98fm radio podcast. It's instead of the podcast only bit.

It seems to involve Ray, JP, Ann, Al, and Shauna. It says it's been recorded by the old team and the new team, but it's been the old lot so far.

Brilliant! Christmas period sorted! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Use tuneIN radio to listen to the podcasts as I detest itunes....

Anyway around this?
    Are the available anywhere else??

GRrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

It's just like old times again! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Radio is for life

I have to say I have listened to Ray since he started on 98FM and at first I was a little skeptical but as time has passed I think he has settled in really well and it's regular listening for me on the way to work each morning. I usually only catch the first hour and half of the show but compared to others, he has captured my attention and I'm sure that of his target audience. I would be surprised if when is contract finishes he is not offered a job on RTE but if I was him I would look across the sea at the UK where I think he could do really well. I worked there up to recently and there is room on the Beeb for the Foley Show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

The Ray Foley show is gone, game over ball burst thank god.

youngblood wrote: »
    Use tuneIN radio to listen to the podcasts as I detest itunes....

Anyway around this?
    Are the available anywhere else??

GRrrrrr

Podbean any use to you?

http://nighttimenetwork.podbean.com/mobile/

there's 11 episodes of this up? Why were we not informed! :mad:

Looks like I'm on a Foley marathon tomorrow. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

WikiHow wrote: »
    The Ray Foley show is gone, game over ball burst thank god.

Huh?

Oh thank Christ. I had to download the podcast app from iTunes initially which annoyed me, but searched downcast and there it is.

Some very funny and peeling back the curtain which is good.

I've listened to all 12 episodes since yesterday. It's like old times! :D

I don't remember Shauna tbh, but she's f*cking brilliant on this. The episode where she was on the bus was brill.

I already prefer this to the podcast only bits if I'm honest. An hour of this every week where they can just chill out and stuff is better than 10 minutes a day of dicking around IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I've listened to all 12 episodes since yesterday. It's like old times! :D

I don't remember Shauna tbh, but she's f*cking brilliant on this. The episode where she was on the bus was brill.

I already prefer this to the podcast only bits if I'm honest. An hour of this every week where they can just chill out and stuff is better than 10 minutes a day of dicking around IMO.

Agree with ya 100%,this is much better than the podcast only bits. Hopefully the bosses at nine-e-eight don't take a dislike to it and tell him to stop.

Oh, and on a side note, that child is going to swear like a f*cking sailor. :D

• Advertisement

Oh, and on a side note, that child is going to swear like a f*cking sailor. :D

I listened to the latest one and what the hell was that noise ann made when the child started making noise ?

Al says some weird **** in fairness. Some of it borderline.

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Agree with ya 100%,this is much better than the podcast only bits. Hopefully the bosses at nine-e-eight don't take a dislike to it and tell him to stop.

Why would they have a problem with it ? It's nothing to do with 98fm.

Why would they have a problem with it ? It's nothing to do with 98fm.

I'm sure his contract has something built into it that he can't bring the station in disrepute (similar to soccer players). If he were to say something slanderous on this then there could be problems...

Speculation of course. I'm sure a simple "The opinions expressed are not those of 98FM or its sponsors." could help.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭elmoslats

have only litened to the first two podcasts.

I don't think Shauna was ever on air? I think she works in marketing or something at todayfm. I remember her being mentioned a lot while they were on todayfm.

elmoslats wrote: »
    have only litened to the first two podcasts.

I don't think Shauna was ever on air? I think she works in marketing or something at todayfm. I remember her being mentioned a lot while they were on todayfm.

She hasn't been on air with ray but she was on with KC briefly.

I'm sure his contract has something built into it that he can't bring the station in disrepute (similar to soccer players). If he were to say something slanderous on this then there could be problems...

Speculation of course. I'm sure a simple "The opinions expressed are not those of 98FM or its sponsors." could help.
    if he said something slanderous from his own home(where he records this), it would surely be on rays head if someone gets thick over it. 98fm would probably distance themselves from it.

A new NTN podcast from ray, JP, Al and Ann.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

A new NTN podcast from ray, JP, Al and Ann.
    Yurt, I listened to 7 episodes in work on Friday will get to finish the rest and get up to date tomorrow :) . Happy 2 days to Christmas y'all🎄🎅

Yurt, I listened to 7 episodes in work on Friday will get to finish the rest and get up to date tomorrow :) . Happy 2 days to Christmas y'all🎄🎅

Ya happy Christmas to all passengers on the good ship foley. I tweeted the lads to say happy Christmas to the lads and Deeno favourited my tweet. Speaking of twitter and radio. I' looked at it and most of my replys and retweets etc are from radio people. Also I think Barry dunne is following me. I think.

• Advertisement

In case anyone has nothing to do and likes Friday night anthems. Nordy eoghan and Shauna(that legend of a girl in the new podcast) are filling in for Paula who is sick.

Advertisement