Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I see He's using this as a bed.. it's so catchy :D

Jesus that's what that song is. It's being driving me mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

It's used on the TV show Moonboy too

Ray was happy this morning wasn't I he.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

I'm just catching up on the podcasts now (currently on October); are there any particular highlights / episodes I should download rather that downloading them all and being even further behind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Omg those raps on yesterday's show... Was laughing for ages at JP's one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 corcaigh_abu

What are the chances of him and JP moving back to the old Today FM slot not that KC is leaving?

What are the chances of him and JP moving back to the old Today FM slot not that KC is leaving?

Very low I imagine. If it was for a different time slot, maybe. But for the same one they left just over a year ago? I just can't see it happening.

Hopefully the next move they make will be to breakfast on a national. But that probably wouldn't be for another while and also depends on the ratings improving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Hey

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Hey

...How ya doin'?

paddylonglegs is Phil :eek:

You heard it here first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

He would need to take Phil and deeno, although ann gleeson is a big loss to the RF show. Don't think he will be back on today fm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

He would need to take Phil and deeno, although ann gleeson is a big loss to the RF show. Don't think he will be back on today fm

I think he will. Don't mean this the wrong way, but who else would have him? Yes that sounds terrible, but I mean it in terms of he's had digs at pretty much everyone else and was kinda perceived as the smart arse who people wanted to see humbled over the years. Whereas Today FM would, or at least should, see the lads as guys who can do the type of radio nobody else in the country can, and that's a type that draws listeners all across the world (think Howard Stern, Chris Moyles, Hamish & Andy etc). He's done the job for them before and would probably still be on good terms with plenty there. Whereas the listenership figures at 98 won't have people rushing out to recruit him from elsewhere (although we know that's not their fault). I wouldn't read too much into the shots he took at Today FM lately, sure he was doing that while he was there.

Will he be replacing KC though? I very much doubt it, I'd say he'll eventually take over breakfast whenever Dempsey calls it a day (could be a few years yet). My outside bet would be for Paula MacSweeney, who's got her Friday night show on the station and has been quietly earning a lot of admirers with her work on the morning show, Ann, maybe Nordy Eoghan and Shauna in some hybrid, zoo-type show. Though Lenny also has to be taken into consideration if he doesn't go back to Cork with KC, too. I think Ireland is ready for a prime time daily show driven primarily by women, think Loose Women with an edge, have been saying it for ages.

leggo wrote: »
    I think he will. Don't mean this the wrong way, but who else would have him? Yes that sounds terrible, but I mean it in terms of he's had digs at pretty much everyone else and was kinda perceived as the smart arse who people wanted to see humbled over the years. Whereas Today FM would, or at least should, see the lads as guys who can do the type of radio nobody else in the country can, and that's a type that draws listeners all across the world (think Howard Stern, Chris Moyles, Hamish & Andy etc). He's done the job for them before and would probably still be on good terms with plenty there. Whereas the listenership figures at 98 won't have people rushing out to recruit him from elsewhere (although we know that's not their fault). I wouldn't read too much into the shots he took at Today FM lately, sure he was doing that while he was there.

Will he be replacing KC though? I very much doubt it, I'd say he'll eventually take over breakfast whenever Dempsey calls it a day (could be a few years yet). My outside bet would be for Paula MacSweeney, who's got her Friday night show on the station and has been quietly earning a lot of admirers with her work on the morning show, Ann, maybe Nordy Eoghan and Shauna in some hybrid, zoo-type show. Though Lenny also has to be taken into consideration if he doesn't go back to Cork with KC, too. I think Ireland is ready for a prime time daily show driven primarily by women, think Loose Women with an edge, have been saying it for ages.

Hmmmm. This is for the 12-2.30 gig yeah ? the FNA show isn't done live i don't think or at least not all the time(open to correction on that), and she did planet hits one saturday and did a god job IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah sorry, wasn't clear. She's definitely moving up in the station though, it's just a case of when. And I think they're ready to have a female-fronted prime time show. Dunno if Louise Duffy is there yet (or will be - someone try describing why she's good for the job without mentioning her looks) and Ann etc are best playing second fiddle to someone else.

Went in to collect my winnings yesterday and met JP in the lift. Lovely fella, had a little chat when I said hello.

They must do serious hours. That was at about 4:45pm and he was still working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Synode wrote: »
    Went in to collect my winnings yesterday and met JP in the lift. Lovely fella, had a little chat when I said hello.

Id imagine it's selected days. Like on a Friday and Monday they prob bail out 5 mins after closeing the mic's. On other days then they catch up on paper work comp winners etc etc..

Synode wrote: »

They recorded the interview with the cowboy guy yesterday as well I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

A big congrats to the Foley and gang..

foley.png

Genuinely happy for them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Brilliant!

In all fairness, it's no more than they deserve. They've been on top form these past few months and I'm glad to see it's paying off.

• Advertisement

They've really settled into it now and are getting better and better by the day. I can see them doing very well in the next couple of years.

I listen to the very beginning of the show a couple of mornings a week on the way to the gym and it's mad how good they are that early. I'd be an absolute mess

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Jayo was on top form this morning!

Listening to this morning's podcast now and it struck me that I haven't heard Jayo in what feels like forever! Is it only on Friday's now?

Seren_ wrote: »
    Listening to this morning's podcast now and it struck me that I haven't heard Jayo in what feels like forever! Is it only on Friday's now?

No its still on Mondays and Fridays.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Anyone else having issues with today's podcast? Won't download for me, getting 8104 errors in iTunes...

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with today's podcast? Won't download for me, getting 8104 errors in iTunes...

Didn't download to beyondpod either but I think that gets it from the same source. Listened back on soundcloud though no problem.

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭elmoslats

Yep... Use soundcloud

https://m.soundcloud.com/rayfoleyshow/the-ray-foley-show-podcast-162

• Advertisement

So Deeno got engaged at the weekend. So congratulations to her. That's two of the four married or soon to be.

Advertisement