Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

JP's Coppers song omg. I was dying laughing.

RAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Shammer16

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I *might* have it on my old hard drive. I know I definitely have some Gauntlets and random funny bits, but not sure if I have that specific one. Will have a look later and edit this post when I know. :)

EDIT: Nope, that one happens to be one of the ones I don't have. :(

294884.JPG

Some good ones there! Loved the Paddy's day one!

Sorry to be a pain but would it be possible for you to upload them anywhere for me to download? :)

I did have two year worth of the old Today FM podcasts on a memory stick but I think they were deleted. :( If I find them I'll happily upload them anywhere for people to download!

I remember laughing so much when they had the two monkeys in the studio on one podcast...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Shammer16 wrote: »
    Some good ones there! Loved the Paddy's day one!

Sorry to be a pain but would it be possible for you to upload them anywhere for me to download? :)

I did have two year worth of the old Today FM podcasts on a memory stick but I think they were deleted. :( If I find them I'll happily upload them anywhere for people to download!

I remember laughing so much when they had the two monkeys in the studio on one podcast...

Yeah no hassle, I'll throw them up on dropbox or something at some stage. Will probably be next week before I get a chance though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Shammer16

Yeah no hassle, I'll throw them up on dropbox or something at some stage. Will probably be next week before I get a chance though. :)

Good man, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭elmoslats

The smug mugs look nothing like the ones in the add

https://twitter.com/ZellyS/status/436473315944042496

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

elmoslats wrote: »
    The smug mugs look nothing like the ones in the add

https://twitter.com/ZellyS/status/436473315944042496

In what way? The bus ad had "I <3 Ray" on it.

Mug looks the exact same, from what I remember.

Ray's Coppers song was great! The 5 grand was won on Dermot and Dave's show this afternoon. I say Ray will be ripping :D he said last week that he wanted it to be won on his show.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Catching up on last week's podcasts over the weekend. Wednesday and Thursday were bloody epic. :D

Deeno genuinely sounded like she'd cry during Seven Days. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Catching up on last week's podcasts over the weekend. Wednesday and Thursday were bloody epic. :D

Deeno genuinely sounded like she'd cry during Seven Days. :pac:

Don't point out that she said galway first either on twitter. Not happy.

I've just opened up the podcast tab on itunes and i've 13 podcasts of the old show. It starts in 2011 in december goes to 2nd November 2012.

:D:D:D:D I've the last podcast on today fm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Seren_ wrote: »
    Ray's Coppers song was great! The 5 grand was won on Dermot and Dave's show this afternoon. I say Ray will be ripping :D he said last week that he wanted it to be won on his show.

The questions were very easy. Fair play to him though

• Advertisement

Omg I have had this song going around in my head all day, FML. They've been playing/mentioning it after 6:30 news/sport a lot lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Great contestants on Seven Days today and yesterday! Pity the guy couldn't get a draw and come back tomorrow!

Great contestants on Seven Days today and yesterday! Pity the guy couldn't get a draw and come back tomorrow!

"Id two girls banging on my bedroom door last night, id to get up and leave them out in the end."

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭elmoslats

Seren_ wrote: »

The 5 grand was won on Dermot and Dave's show this afternoon.

Anyone know where I can listen to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

JP's Jewish story made me laugh in the office. DJ Jayo was also on good form, he delivered the rolling pin joke really well.

elmoslats wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can listen to that?

Here you go (link to Dermot and Dave podcast)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Hey,

Conas a tá tú?

Brilliant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

yeah I'm happy for her she seems like such a down to earth nice person :)

anybody know what she looks like? she sounds hot:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭iseegirls

jezzer wrote: »
    anybody know what she looks like? she sounds hot:)

Few pictures here:
    https://twitter.com/AideenFinnegan/media

iseegirls wrote: »

not bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭iseegirls

I always thought she was blonde.

It's odd seeing the actual radio djs/newsreaders in pictures. Having listening to them for a while, you develop this character in your head of what they look like.

Andy Mac for Beat 102-103 was one DJ i didn't expect to turn out the way I had imagined.

very true, i though she was dark but turns out she is sort of red!

JP seems to be a very secretive kind of guy, you would wonder what he really is like off air

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

jezzer wrote: »
    JP seems to be a very secretive kind of guy, you would wonder what he really is like off air

Really? I never got the impression John Paul was that secretive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I wouldn't put him down as secretive either. Why do you think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Well they do mention sometimes, especially on the NTN Podcasts that the gang never really knows what JP is up to until after the fact. He doesn't broadcast what he's doing. He doesn't have a twitter and I'm not 100% on this but he either doesn't have a Facebook account or just never uses it.

I have/had a friend in common with JP from a few years back and they've had nothing but good things to say about him. The impression I got is that the lads play up the whole 'tight / bad with women / awkward' thing on the radio. Exaggerated for comedy effect. My mate described him as charming and generous! So there ya go! :)

As hulk said, he never seems to delve into his private life the way ray does, everybody knows where ray lives, who he is married to, what his sons name is, and pretty much what he ate for breakfast, whereas nobody knows anything about JP only that he is supposedly a dedicated bachelor who lives on his own and spends a lot of time in bed watching tv or on the computer, and is a bit tight, i'm not saying its good or bad, just fact!

98fm Dublins best music mix. At least when the station is on air anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    98fm Dublins best music mix. At least when the station is on air anyway.

Is it off?

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is it off?

This morning on the show the first few minutes they went off and on a bit.

Advertisement