Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

he was doing the voice of michael lapracaun and said that people on boards were slagging him off! foley must read boards, in fact he is probably reading this, hello foley!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

But we haven't been slagging him off? In fact, there's been very few people (if any) come in here giving out since he moved to 98

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I think he just remembers the days when people did slag him off a lot on Boards. At one point he was a forbidden topic here, and I think he might have been banned but I'm not sure.

It hasn't been like that here for a long time though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He used to get an absolute trashing on here (sorry Ray btw) so it's probably fair enough that there's ill-will.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 fayroley

Ding Dong Boards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

fayroley wrote: »
    Ding Dong Boards

The king or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Ding Dong Boards

DING DONG FAYROLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill just leave this here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Ill just leave this here

That you?

DING DONG FAYROLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ding Dong Busi.... enjoying that smug mug ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

This is not a criticism - I still love the lads and they're still giving us plenty of laughs - but am I the only who thinks they're just going through the motions these days and need a serious shake-up (removing tired bits like the Obligatory Kids and Eh Yeah Ok and bringing in new bits and even new contributors)?

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    That you?

Ya I'm the tall guy on the right

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

stannis wrote: »
    This is not a criticism - I still love the lads and they're still giving us plenty of laughs - but am I the only who thinks they're just going through the motions these days and need a serious shake-up (removing tired bits like the Obligatory Kids and Eh Yeah Ok and bringing in new bits and even new contributors)?

I'd have said the opposite. Shaky at the start but recently it has been very good whenever I hear it. I dont mind the kids bit but then again, I dont get to hear it very often.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'd agree with gnfrnhead. I think the show is the best it's been right now, the lads have really hit their stride. Think last year they were unlucky with illness and seemed to be off every few weeks (I know they probably weren't off all that often, but it just felt like with all the holidays and illness combined). This year they've been on since the first week in January and have been on every day. Even when JP went on holidays there recently, Ray did the show alone, which is a huge improvement IMO.

Personally, I don't like the Kids' Bit at all, but it has its moments (when they took the piss out of D'Arcy's cleaning segment for example). It'd be nice if they didn't reuse ideas like the Smuggies and Are You Smarter Than a 34 Year Old, but I get that it's not easy to come up with good stuff to do week in, week out, and again this is coming from someone who dislikes the Kids' Bit anyway, so I'm probably not the most impartial observer. :pac:

Eh, Yeah, OK still has life in it. Cutting it down to two contestants a day was a good idea IMO.

But then, most people in this thread are "the converted" already. It's not really us the show needs to please if it's to continue the upturn in listenership in the next book.

[/longwindedradionerdpost]

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Ill just leave this here

imitation is the sincerest of flattery :D

Ray Foley ... putting the Ray in Radio :D

imitation is the sincerest of flattery :D

And your banned.?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Disappointed to hear Raymond Foley III & John Paul are off for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Disappointed to hear Raymond Foley III & John Paul are off for the week.

What ? Ah well feck ya anyway.

At least it's Clare solan in this week.

• Advertisement

How come Raymond Foley III and John Paul Gilbourne have to go on holiday at the same time?
    Surely John Paul or Foley III can carry the show without each other for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

How come Raymond Foley III and John Paul Gilbourne have to go on holiday at the same time?

How come you call them by their full names in every post?!

How come you call them by their full names in every post?!

Why not?

Why not?

Hhhhmmm. Fair point really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Maybe the thinking is it's better to have one week with neither of them than two weeks with only one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭elmoslats

They are just off for one week.. Will be back on Monday. From twitter
    Don't think ray is away on holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Phil is back on with Harvey Norman. Aretheydoingitonanythingelse?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

That's AMAZING!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

heard it today and it was Brian Maher

• Advertisement

heard it today and it was Brian Maher

I heard Phil's ad on todayfm earlier.

Advertisement