Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I heard Phil's ad on todayfm earlier.

Yep it seems to be Phil's ad on TodayFM and the other guy on 98 going by what I heard on Thursday and Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

I heard Phil's ad on todayfm earlier.

The one I heard was on 98

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That cork accent is shocking BOY.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

stannis wrote: »
    This is not a criticism - I still love the lads and they're still giving us plenty of laughs - but am I the only who thinks they're just going through the motions these days and need a serious shake-up (removing tired bits like the Obligatory Kids and Eh Yeah Ok and bringing in new bits and even new contributors)?

Yea I would have to agree with you, i used to listen to them on today fm and then eventually made the switch to 98 to listen to them, initially i was like, ah no, they are not literally doing the same show with the same bits, but after a while i just found it funny again which it is but you are right, they need to freshen it up a lot, ah yea ok is just worn out now, they need to get the head down and get new stuff but presumably they will do this at some point, i imagine their thinking is that they pretty much have a new audience now so they are sticking to what they know, building up the goodwill with the listenership and then they will have to shake it up a bit, this is just my opinion but i imagine they will want to get back on national airwaves sooner rahter than later, no doubt they will be the eventual replacement for ian dempsey or who knows maybe they will be brought into 2fm when they eventually cancel what they currently put out...

How come Raymond Foley III and John Paul Gilbourne have to go on holiday at the same time?
    Surely John Paul or Foley III can carry the show without each other for a week

JP obviously isnt confident enough to host the show on his own??

• Advertisement

it was funny yesterday hearing about JP's wedding in glasgow, Ray always makes sure to dig at him for being single but i'm not sure its true, if it is its funny how he goes about things in his private life, going to glasgow in the middle of the night for a wedding and spending the day knocking around pound shops! then getting chatted up by some auld one at the bar and hitting the bed at 11pm!! he should have his own sketch, the private life of JP!!

I think Deano is engaged but her and JP would make a great couple!!

they were at it again today about JP's lonely life! it was so funny! i'm not sure if its true or not...if it is i feel a bit sorry for him but it is funny...him sitting there in his bedsit eating his dinner at the end of the bed then going to sleep, poor guy!!! eating out on his own and going to the cinema on his own, it sounds like ray is his only friend and since ray had a baby he is at a loose end you would imagine that him being a minor celebrity that he would have a bit more of an exciting life than eating dinner in a bedsit on his own and wandering around dublin and glasgow on his todd, maybe its all just an act and really he has a girlfriend and a crazy life, either way its funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

I remember reading an interview in the paper with Foley & he commented that him & JP are best of friends. So much so that JP has gone on holiday with Ray and his wife. Just the three of them.

wow so it must all be true, i guess theres nothing wrong with that, i know pat kenny went on honeymoon with gerry ryan and his wife
    i guess JP is happy in himself and thats all that counts

They read this place or a friend does. They said it on the show today. They talked about this thread and read out some posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

They read this place or a friend does. They said it on the show today. They talked about this thread and read out some posts.

Foley has an account AFAIK. Think he mentioned having set one up on an NTN podcast at some point.

They read out posts when Adrian Barry left for NT too IIRC.

I've only listened to Monday's show so far this week, so I'll have five glorious hours to listen to on my travels tomorrow. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Ha. What posts did they talk about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Was he being genuine or taking the piss out of posters? Any time he's mentioned boards over the past few years, he has been taking the piss (understandably considering his boards history) but would love if he had now realised that posters in this thread are genuinely enjoying what he's doing..

This thread is probably the most positive (active) thread in the radio forum, which says a lot about the lads..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Minor celebrity jp! Lol

The King of Radio read out one of my posts!

what did he say?

Hello Ray if your reading this and JP and Deano the fox and phil

jezzer wrote: »
    what did he say?

Hello Ray if your reading this and JP and Deano the fox and phil

He read out your two posts...

Jezzer --- "it was funny yesterday hearing about JP's wedding in glasgow, Ray always makes sure to dig at him for being single but i'm not sure its true, if it is its funny how he goes about things in his private life, going to glasgow in the middle of the night for a wedding and spending the day knocking around pound shops! then getting chatted up by some auld one at the bar and hitting the bed at 11pm!! he should have his own sketch, the private life of JP!!

I think Deano is engaged but her and JP would make a great couple!!

they were at it again today about JP's lonely life! it was so funny! i'm not sure if its true or not...if it is i feel a bit sorry for him but it is funny...him sitting there in his bedsit eating his dinner at the end of the bed then going to sleep, poor guy!!! eating out on his own and going to the cinema on his own, it sounds like ray is his only friend and since ray had a baby he is at a loose end you would imagine that him being a minor celebrity that he would have a bit more of an exciting life than eating dinner in a bedsit on his own and wandering around dublin and glasgow on his todd, maybe its all just an act and really he has a girlfriend and a crazy life, either way its funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I can't remember exactly, but I don't think anyone said anything mean about posters; they were just laughing at JP.

Also speaking of posters, I was on the bus home last night and saw one for the show in a bus shelter on Merchants Quay. Couldn't see it properly cause someone was blocking a bit of it, but it looked to be new ones. 98 must be rolling out another ad campaign now that Adrian and Jeremy have arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Seren_ wrote: »
    I can't remember exactly, but I don't think anyone said anything mean about posters; they were just laughing at JP.
    Definitely nothing mean. They were just commenting on the content of the posts rather than saying anything about who posted them.

thats gas, i must listen back, i listen everyday but only get some of the show on my drive to work, i'm sure they realise everyone that posts here enjoys the show, they are very funny and at the moment i am enjoying hearing about JP's private life!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Seren_ wrote: »

Also speaking of posters, I was on the bus home last night and saw one for the show in a bus shelter on Merchants Quay. Couldn't see it properly cause someone was blocking a bit of it, but it looked to be new ones. 98 must be rolling out another ad campaign now that Adrian and Jeremy have arrived.

I was on a Foley bus myself for the first time today. :pac:

I'll be shocked if 98 don't do some serious damage in the next few JNLRs. This marketing campaign along with having by far the best mix of talent of any station in the country at the moment. Dublin is a tough nut to crack with a lot of long-term loyalty left from the old school Strawberries and really solid, consistent branding at 104, but there's only so long a roster this good can be held back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I'm spending more and more time on 98fm the last few months. 2 years ago I listened to Today FM from first thing in the morning until last thing at night. Love The Ray Foley Show and Dermot and Dave. I really wish Foley was on a later slot though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Synode wrote: »
    I'm spending more and more time on 98fm the last few months. 2 years ago I listened to Today FM from first thing in the morning until last thing at night. Love The Ray Foley Show and Dermot and Dave. I really wish Foley was on a later slot though

I was the very same. I listen to Foley, then switch to D'Arcy, then KC (will give Louise Duffy a chance on Monday) then once KC is/was over I'll switch back to 98 to catch a bit of Barry Dunne and then Dermot & Dave. Can't stand Tony Fenton.

I followed Foley to 98, that's how I started listening to D&D. Wouldn't be too bothered with Dublin Talks though... I'm not a Dub for a start! :pac:

yes i'm the same, i used to listen to today fm all day long but when ray and jp made the move i moved over to 98 and thats also how i started listening to dermot and dave, they are brilliant, tony fenton is a bit boring, probably suit a different slot, i got tired of listening to ian dempsey i only listened for gift grub, i have no time for ray darcy, and i wouldnt listen to dublin talks either, i have no interest in listening to people complaining and debating irrelevant stuff, i used to like KC in his evening slot on today fm but i had no interest in him at lunchtime, i thought that slot was perfect for ray foley and i still think that would be his best slot, 98 has come from nowhere and is now probably the strongest station out there, my favourite line up would be jim jim and nobby, then barry dunne, then ray and jp then dermot and dave then kc then seacrest, dream line up...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭iseegirls

jezzer wrote: »
    ... then seacrest, dream line up...

WHAT??? :eek: that must be the first time I've seen Seacrest in a dream Radio line up. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Completely lost it at the tannoy announcements this morning.

" *bing bong* A Garda announcement - a ring has been found in the men's toilet"

:D

smurfs5 wrote: »
    Completely lost it at the tannoy announcements this morning.

" *bing bong* A Garda announcement - a ring has been found in the men's toilet"

:D
    where they the gaa PA ones ? Phil said yesterday on twitter they were class.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Is it just me or would Raymond Foley III & John Paul Gilbourne be perfect on TV in an Ant & Dec role on RTE or TV3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

where they the gaa PA ones ? Phil said yesterday on twitter they were class.

Yep he re-enacted them just after 8:30. So funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Now that KC has been replaced by Louise Duffy, I'm going to start listening to the full RayFoleyShow podcasts from 12pm

Advertisement