Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

It would be against the charter to comment on the circumference of his cranium, but his show is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Ray Foley is the man. Funny shoiw, good presenter, good team behind him, good few awards.................................................................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Funnily enough, his show doesn't last two minutes in our office. There is a race to see who can turn it off the quickest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Oscar K

i'm sorry but your one Ann does my nut. Don't really know why they have her on the air other than to take the piss out of her and make out she's a total minger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭jane wani

ray foley...who is ray foley?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

jane wani wrote: »
    ray foley...who is ray foley?

I don't understand this type of post. Genuine question here: Do you know who he is? Are you trying to come across as being too cool for skool because you don't know who he is? Or if you don't know who he is, why do you not google him, and if you have an opinion, come back and post it.

Sorry, but I genuinely am interested in the answer to that, as posts similar to yours pop up all over the site, all the time.

On Ray Foley - I think he is one of the top presenters in the country. He is different to everyone else in Ireland. He does what he does well. Himself and JP work extremely well together. The whole "King" thing is part of it all, it's just a joke - he is taking the piss out of himself. The show is well thought out and put together.

Having said all that, I have a silly sense of humour which I think is very similar to Rays. So I'd imagine, if you don't share that type of sense of humour, he might not be your thing.

Do you know who he is? Are you trying to come across as being too cool for skool because you don't know who he is? Or if you don't know who he is, why do you not google him, and if you have an opinion, come back and post it.
    mmmm..i dont know who you think you are talking to,but you seem to be telling me to do something. are you ok?
    On Ray Foley - I think he is one of the top presenters in the country. He is different to everyone else in Ireland.
    mmmmmm...i have never heard of him..so that cant be true..wouldnt you say?
    Having said all that, I have a silly sense of humour which I think is very similar to Rays. So I'd imagine, if you don't share that type of sense of humour, he might not be your thing.

ok maybe you didnt understand my very simple post...i dont know who he is..i never heard of him...how would i be able to comment on his humour..

are you actually ray foley?
    lol...again i ask ...who is ray foley?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

So, jane wani, you're saying you genuinely haven't heard of Ray Foley.

He IS one of the top radio presenters in the country - in that he's a VERY well known, high profile presenter on a national radio station and has won the Meteor Award for Best National DJ for .. what? .. 4 years running now? To say that he's not one of the top presenters in the country just because you haven't heard of him simply isn't true.

FYI, if you really genuinely haven't heard of him - he's on Today FM, Monday to Friday, 12-2.30pm. http://todayfm.com/foley

mmmm..i dont know who you think you are talking to,but you seem to be telling me to do something. are you ok?

mmmmmm...i have never heard of him..so that cant be true..wouldnt you say?

ok maybe you didnt understand my very simple post...i dont know who he is..i never heard of him...how would i be able to comment on his humour..

are you actually ray foley?
    lol...again i ask ...who is ray foley?

I'm really not having a go at you. I was just interested in the style of your post, that's all. Plus the fact, you were posting in a radio forum. But that post ^ has explained who he is.

Bard wrote: »

He IS one of the top radio presenters in the country - in that he's a VERY well known, high profile presenter on a national radio station and has won the Meteor Award for Best National DJ for .. what? .. 4 years running now? To say that he's not one of the top presenters in the country just because you haven't heard of him simply isn't true.

FYI, if you really genuinely haven't heard of him - he's on Today FM, Monday to Friday, 12-2.30pm. http://todayfm.com/foley

mmmm...he one a meteor award...lol ...thats supposed to mean something?

by your tone you seem again bard to be looking for a reaction form me..
    this is all very disapponiting..

but anyway...he seems to be a music show presenter..so that may explain why i dont rate him...and dont know him..very simple..

• Advertisement

mmmm...he one a meteor award...lol ...thats supposed to mean something?
    No, he's won four. That means he's incredibly well known and very popular.
    by your tone you seem again bard to be looking for a reaction form me..
    this is all very disapponiting..
    Sorry to disaponnit you. I'm not looking for a reaction from you. If you've an interest in Irish radio, then it's surprising that you've never heard of him. That's all.
    but anyway...he seems to be a music show presenter..so that may explain why i dont rate him...and dont know him..very simple..

Well that's that explained then :) Good stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

In fairness, I think one of the reasons he won so many times is because a lot of canvassing in the run up to the awards.

I think it is one of the best radio shows on during the day. There is no other show like it in Ireland and it seems hugely popular.

To those people that criticise Ann's laugh...really? Is that the best you can do? If you have nothing else to say about her other than something so trivial, then she must be doing alright.

I like Ann, she doesn't take herself seriously at all and the three of them together sound like good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

salonfire wrote: »
    In fairness, I think one of the reasons he won so many times is because a lot of canvassing in the run up to the awards.

I think it is one of the best radio shows on during the day. There is no other show like it in Ireland and it seems hugely popular.

To those people that criticise Ann's laugh...really? Is that the best you can do? If you have nothing else to say about her other than something so trivial, then she must be doing alright.

I like Ann, she doesn't take herself seriously at all and the three of them together sound like good craic.

In fairness Foley made a conscious effort not to canvas this year. and still won.
    I love the show. has dipped a bit over the summer. but hopefully they will get back on track soon.

I think all of that "canvassing" is just part of the show. It's part of the act. I realise that people do actually vote for him as a result, but he is really just having a laugh. I (me personally) see it as a fúck the begrudgers kind of thing. He just goes on and takes the piss out of the whole thing. Actually, most of what he says, is taking the piss out of things. there are a lot of hidden meanings (not agendas) in there, and to me, it is just plain funny stuff.

I think all of that "canvassing" is just part of the show. It's part of the act.

...as is the whole big ego and 'king of the afternoon' thing - as anyone who has met him or knows him personally will probably agree.

...as is the whole big ego and 'king of the afternoon' thing - as anyone who has met him or knows him personally will probably agree.

I don't know him personally, but it comes back to how you interpret his shows. To me, he is the only person on Irish radio that makes me laugh. To others he seems to push the annoyance button.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

SarahBM wrote: »
    In fairness Foley made a conscious effort not to canvas this year. and still won.
    I love the show. has dipped a bit over the summer. but hopefully they will get back on track soon.

It was awful during the summer...if one of them was away on hols, then the other one sounded completely lost on their own.

To make it worse, they didn't take their holidays at the same time, which meant prolonging the weeks someone was missing.

TBH, I get the feeling that Ray is looking to move on...he is doing more work for TV, and is getting older.

It can't be easier having to remain that chirpy every day, especially with being married, and maybe kids not far away?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

salonfire wrote: »

It can't be easier having to remain that chirpy every day, especially with being married, and maybe kids not far away?

Or maybe he'll just stay where he is and bang on about the kids like Mr. D'arcy does.

The most annoying part of the show for me is the beginning where everyone texts in to say they why they won't be listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Has anyone ever noticed that they only play the "Newsbusters" jingle in full when Foley's not there?

I <3 the newsbusters jingle...... "Newsbusters tiiime, we're busting news, we're newsbusters, on today fm, and now we give... you some news, you text us in, with a song we can use"

JP's doing well without him.

Anyone else getting sick of the main jingles? The music is getting on my nerves. They need updating!

• Advertisement

Fago! wrote: »
    Anyone else getting sick of the main jingles? The music is getting on my nerves. They need updating!

These? Seems they haven't been freshened up in 2 years now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

I <3 the newsbusters jingle...... "Newsbusters tiiime, we're busting news, we're newsbusters, on today fm, and now we give... you some news, you text us in, with a song we can use"

JP's doing well without him.

yeah jp is doing alot better this time last time he was nervous as f88k, hope dj jayo does the whole 1-2pm now that would be kuool kuool kuool:D

These? Seems they haven't been freshened up in 2 years now...

Do ya reckon it's a money thing?

Do ya reckon it's a money thing?

Not a clue, to be honest... but I'm sure jingle packages don't come cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I quite like those jingles! The music on them hasn't changed but I think he's had the lyrics refreshed a few times, I may be wrong.

Not a clue, to be honest... but I'm sure jingle packages don't come cheap.

I know a resing of a jingle costs about a grand. i'd imagine a whole new set with new music costs a pretty penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I see ADELLE not Edel, is back.
    And Ann is still there so four of them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

It's only been a few days and I can only listen to the show for an hour or so now I'm back at college but...

...I'm really liking this post-natal Adelle. She's getting into the show more and doesn't simper to Ray and JP. I think it will do the show good having her back, it was sounding a bit stale over the last few weeks.

By the way I like Ann as well, it's just I've been kind of missing Adelle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Macca3000 wrote: »
    It's only been a few days and I can only listen to the show for an hour or so now I'm back at college but...

...I'm really liking this post-natal Adelle. She's getting into the show more and doesn't simper to Ray and JP. I think it will do the show good having her back, it was sounding a bit stale over the last few weeks.

By the way I like Ann as well, it's just I've been kind of missing Adelle :)

Adelle is the business, If i ever had a radio show, i'd want her as producer, she is so good at her job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well to be fair to Ann the show didn't crumble and become crap when Adelle was away doing that giving birth lark.

Advertisement