Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

yes definitely, he has been very consistent with the same formatted show which is something. possibly it suits him to get up at 4am but i cant see today fm bosses ever moving him unless his audience drops. Yes Gerry Ryan had a cult following but i believe darcy is coming under a bit of pressure with ratings, i used to listen to him on an off but i just got sick of him, its just too much of a love in there, him and "the gang" there is no bite to the show and they all feel way too comfortable in the slot, its like the radio version of the civil service, i would like to see some of them get moved around a bit to shake them up

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ray was late this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ray was late this morning.

You say that like it's a rare occurrence. :pac:

How late?

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

wnolan1992 wrote: »

How late?

Very late, they had to play the emergency 7/8min bit or rubbish until he arrived. And before anybody starts he admitted himself he only woke up at 6.16am

wnolan1992 wrote: »

How late?

Ah don't know didn't listen live. Surely that isn't the emergency tape for 98fm though ?

• Advertisement

Phil is leaving to go to todayfm. Damn it anyway. It's mean that more of the outside Dublin listeners will hear him but still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Phil is leaving to go to todayfm. Damn it anyway. It's mean that more of the outside Dublin listeners will hear him but still.

Is he a presenter or what

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is he a presenter or what

He's the sports reader among other things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Damn that's a big loss. He slots in so well on the show and is very funny.

i dont see the big deal with phil leaving, it would be far worse if deano left, well its the same company anyway really, doesnt johnny lyons do a soccer programme on today fm at the weekends?

jp is never late, must live nearer the studio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭iseegirls

jezzer wrote: »
    i dont see the big deal with phil leaving, it would be far worse if deano left, ...

I disagree, I have nothing against Aideen, but I think Phil is great for his comments and banter with the lads.
    It's a pity that the sports guy is moving on again, especially after the previous one left to go to NewsTalk

Although if Deano did leave, you'd wonder would there be anyone like her to replace her. Wouldn't be Tina anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Ah no. Didn't hear the show today. They were very lucky to have Phil replace Adrian, odds are they can't get that lucky again and have someone to slot straight in have the craic like Phil did.

I mostly listen to Today FM so will look forward to hearing him again, but I'm sure he won't be having anywhere near half the banter with anyone there. :(

is phil really that much banter? really? i really hate the morning thing.....and theres phil.....hey....hiya doin....i wont miss that as it wrecked my head, i think deano is great and i missed her today for the 7 day quiz

The "Hey, how ya doin" was getting a bit annoying. Other than that though he was a great input in the show.

desperately annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

They were so lucky to have Phil add to the on air banter. Very natural at delivering lines and great comic timing. Rarely does a sports reporter contribute to 'the funny' when not required to. The chemistry will be missed.

Aretheydoingitonanythingelse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Omg no :( I really do think Phil will be a huge loss to the show, much more than when Adrian left (although I really liked him too). Phil brings a lot of humour to the show and contributes hugely to the great on air chemistry. He will be sorely missed.

I wonder who they'll replace him with?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

no Phil...NOOOO!!!

Really thought after Adrian left that he'd be tough to replace but Phil was a natural! His comic value was brilliant although the hey...how ya doing was getting a bit out of date at this stage. Hopefully they get someone in who can mix the banter and fit in well...wouldn't mind seeing Johnny Lyons given a chance there see what he can do although he seems to mix well with Dermot and Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I really hope they don't move Johnny Lyons. He is so annoying. Go with another newish guy and hope for the best, I say. Maybe met Ray and JP give a recommendation based on who they think would fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Jesus never ever realised what those ebeneezer good lyrics were about when I was 12.

• Advertisement

i just dont see the big thing about phil??? i always found him irritating, he can be easily replaced, i would love to see johnny lyons there...he is funny.....iiiiiiii'mmmmmmmm johnny lyons.... the lads would have some craic with that!

speaking of dermot and dave, i love their show too, but what in the name of high school football is the fascination with that mary one from florida??? i mean what was the point in sending the 2 lads out there for no more than a good holiday for them??? i just dont get her, she is some auld one from the arse end of the USA, and she found the lads show online, what is the big deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

i just dont see the big thing about phil??? i always found him irritating, he can be easily replaced, i would love to see johnny lyons there...he is funny.....iiiiiiii'mmmmmmmm johnny lyons.... the lads would have some craic with that!

You call Phil annoying and yet want him replaced with the most annoying guy ever on radio. Sense does not make

Have to agree with wawaman. Johnny Lyons is very annoying. And Phil is a legend

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

speaking of dermot and dave, i love their show too, but what in the name of high school football is the fascination with that mary one from florida??? i mean what was the point in sending the 2 lads out there for no more than a good holiday for them??? i just dont get her, she is some auld one from the arse end of the USA, and she found the lads show online, what is the big deal?

Any time I turn it on it seems to be the guys taking the absolute piss out of Baker and Florida in general.

Any time I turn it on it seems to be the guys taking the absolute piss out of Baker and Florida in general.

I had a look at the place on google street view. The definition of what a street is to them is a bit different to ours.

ah johnny lyons is a legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Really feel like a hot dog from Captain America's after today's opening link :p

rrrrrrrroooooocccckkkkkkking music....i'm johnny lyons....

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lamph

yeah, Foley's great! :)

• Advertisement

was hoping he would do more of niall horan on the phone this morning, very funny

Advertisement