Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with Friday's podcast? Two versions are showing up on iTunes, both 404'ing.

Yep. Souncloud works though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

LOVE the new jingles!

Like the new jingles alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Thought Phil was off to Today FM no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

That_Guy wrote: »

Think he has another 2 months left

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭elmoslats

I noticed in the new jingle they name ray JP and deeno, but for Phil they just say 'our favourite sports guy'... He will be leaving soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Am I the only one who laughs at the Adrian Kennedy promo at the end of the podcast? It's so over the top all the time.

Am I the only one who laughs at the Adrian Kennedy promo at the end of the podcast? It's so over the top all the time.

That the one where it's a clip of the two people arguing,

Loved the stories told by the dad's of the lads on the show. Haha
    "Shut up daddy sit down you're talking rubbish." From a three year old is brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Just listening to todays podcast, in the Free Money Minute Quiz...who directed 'Into the West' was some bóllocks of a question! Would never have got that!

Just listening to todays podcast, in the Free Money Minute Quiz...who directed 'Into the West' was some bóllocks of a question! Would never have got that!

I knew the answer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

i was wondering when ray would upgrade out of cooklock, he certainly is an upwardly mobile guy, possibly demonstrates the kind of money he is on with 98

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I knew the answer.

When I heard Into the West, for some reason I thought of Far and Away, then when I realised it was the film with horse I thought of 3 Irish directors and it would have been pure pot luck if I had said Jim Sheridan! I probably would have run out of time, lol

jezzer wrote: »
    i was wondering when ray would upgrade out of cooklock, he certainly is an upwardly mobile guy, possibly demonstrates the kind of money he is on with 98

I have no idea of areas in Dublin but could it be an easier commute to 98fm ? As I say I've never lived in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

On holidays so not heard the show in weeks. Where's he moving to?

Synode wrote: »
    On holidays so not heard the show in weeks. Where's he moving to?

Dun Laoghaire. He said Kate wanted to be closer to her own folks when she has their second baby.

yes, nice area, not saying coolock isnt and ray said he will miss it but as i say they are an upwardly mobile family and rays carer is on the up i think

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I have no idea of areas in Dublin but could it be an easier commute to 98fm ? As I say I've never lived in Dublin.

98fm is based at Grand Canal. Dun Laoghaire is a bit further out, according to him he is closer to the Deansgrange side, which will be about a 20 minute drive.

best of luck to him anyway, i'd say off air both him and jp live very quiet lives

• Advertisement

Love this show. The hot weather made the mood from the lads brilliant.

was ray having a dig at dermot and dave this morning? he said big shout out to dermot and dave???

i have to say i haven't been enjoying the dermot and dave show for the past few months, it just seemed flat to me, but now i guess i know the reason why as i am sure they knew they were leaving for some time....its a great move for them as dermot is known nationally and after leaving the rep of telly i'm sure he has been looking to get back to national prominence.

I wonder was louise duffy just temporary in that position or was she just not up to scratch?

its strange when you look at it, that is the slot ray and jp left for 98fm, so the guys are going in the opposite direction, i am surprised a bit by 98 letting them go, as both are owned by comunicorp, i thought they would keep them in 98 for a while longer as they are currently part of their big rebranding exercise, they will be a massive loss to the station, i am not sure who will replace them.
    i also wondered at 98 going to the expense of sending the lads to florida when i'm sure they knew they were leaving the station, why bother? also, i cant see their current audience coming across to today fm with them due to the different time slots, most of their listeners are commuters judging by the phone calls they get for the secret sound
    all in all it makes ray and jp's move all the more bizarre, all i can think is that it is just a temporary move in the grand scheme of things, with lots of cash of course...

"Will I do my Packie impression?" :pac::pac::pac::pac:

was ray having a dig at dermot and dave this morning? he said big shout out to dermot and dave???

i have to say i haven't been enjoying the dermot and dave show for the past few months, it just seemed flat to me, but now i guess i know the reason why as i am sure they knew they were leaving for some time....its a great move for them as dermot is known nationally and after leaving the rep of telly i'm sure he has been looking to get back to national prominence.

I wonder was louise duffy just temporary in that position or was she just not up to scratch?

its strange when you look at it, that is the slot ray and jp left for 98fm, so the guys are going in the opposite direction, i am surprised a bit by 98 letting them go, as both are owned by comunicorp, i thought they would keep them in 98 for a while longer as they are currently part of their big rebranding exercise, they will be a massive loss to the station, i am not sure who will replace them.
    i also wondered at 98 going to the expense of sending the lads to florida when i'm sure they knew they were leaving the station, why bother? also, i cant see their current audience coming across to today fm with them due to the different time slots, most of their listeners are commuters judging by the phone calls they get for the secret sound
    all in all it makes ray and jp's move all the more bizarre, all i can think is that it is just a temporary move in the grand scheme of things, with lots of cash of course...

Ray always has digs at Dermot & Dave. He slagged off the Secret Sound, he slagged off Mary from Florida and he described the two boys as 'the funny one' and 'the one who laughs at the funny one'. Always thought he was harsh towards D&D tbh. I enjoy both shows but we don't know, there might be history there. I don't know anyone who gets on with everybody they wok with though in fairness.

Good point about them going to Florida. I was in Dublin a while back, Foley and Adrian Kennedy had posters and bus ads everywhere, but didn't see any of D&D so I did wonder was something in the pipeline. But like you say, that trip would have been expensive, although didn't they get sponsored by a few companies like Delta Airways etc.?

I would have thought 98 would love to keep them but Today FM (and a national audience) would be to hard to turn down. I'm delighted they're moving. After Foley I can switch over to Today FM and leave it on for the day now. And can catch the boys in the car if I'm out and about too. I reckon they are taking over Tony Fenton's slot, Louise Duffy will stay where she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I would imagine the Florida trip was *entirely* paid for by advertisers.

no they are taking louise duffys slot, i dont know much about her other than that she is very green

i guess the trip was funded by sponsors, but as 98 have worked so hard to rebrand i am surprised they are letting the lads go to today, it seems the dublin stations are mainly concerned with breakfast shows, after that they dont seem to care a whole lot for the rest of the schedule with middle of the road afternoon slots and the obligatory late night talk show (platform for 5 regular scangers to air their views)

regarding bad blood between d&d and foley, you could be right, i know he gives ruth scott an awful doing as they had a spat in 2fm a long time ago, foley seems to harbour grudges!! but i would have to agree with him regarding mary from florida, wtf is that all about??? some randomer from the back end of a swamp in florida happens upon the station and tunes in and now she has a slot on the show where she talks about nothing, i just dont get it, in fairness the secret sound is better than ah ye ok which is starting to get on my wick so much that i tune out for it, and he is also correct dermot is the funny one and dave is the one who laughs at the funny one, harsh but true!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

no they are taking louise duffys slot, i dont know much about her other than that she is very green

i guess the trip was funded by sponsors, but as 98 have worked so hard to rebrand i am surprised they are letting the lads go to today, it seems the dublin stations are mainly concerned with breakfast shows, after that they dont seem to care a whole lot for the rest of the schedule with middle of the road afternoon slots and the obligatory late night talk show (platform for 5 regular scangers to air their views)

regarding bad blood between d&d and foley, you could be right, i know he gives ruth scott an awful doing as they had a spat in 2fm a long time ago, foley seems to harbour grudges!! but i would have to agree with him regarding mary from florida, wtf is that all about??? some randomer from the back end of a swamp in florida happens upon the station and tunes in and now she has a slot on the show where she talks about nothing, i just dont get it, in fairness the secret sound is better than ah ye ok which is starting to get on my wick so much that i tune out for it, and he is also correct dermot is the funny one and dave is the one who laughs at the funny one, harsh but true!!!!!

Has it actually been confirmed they're taking Louise's slot? If so, I reckon Louise will replace Tony Fenton. He's been off a lot lately so I reckon there's something going on there. If not, I'd say D&D could replace Tony, maybe cut a half hour from Louise's show or from the Last Word.

7 Days on Tuesday was bloody brilliant. :D

i have heard a few people say that they are taking the lousie duffy slot, that she was only meant to be temporary there anyway and she was aware of that, apparently poor tony is unwell at the moment so louise duffy will be filling in for him

what was ray on about his agent this morning??? is he going to do a tubbers and do a uk slot as well???

deano sounded very hot this morning too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Delighted for that girl winning the 5k. Perfect timing after just having a baba

• Advertisement

There seems to be a trend with the 5K. No wins for months, and then 2 big winners come at once. Delighted for them* :)

*Slightly, with a slight hint of begrudgery simply because I only got €100 :o

Advertisement