Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

what day did you win the €100? well done all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

jezzer wrote: »
    what day did you win the €100? well done all the same

Oh it was ages back, back in September. Won a mug as well. I started off ok but completely flopped out when they asked what HTML stands for. :o

I think it's me they reference whenever they say "HTML doesn't stand for Hotmail".

In my defence it was 8am on a Monday morning. :P

its not easy so well done all the same!

Thanks a mil :) I continue to sip from my Smug Mug with pride :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Again this morning.

• Advertisement

I would say he needs to invest in a new alarm clock, but there is a second baby due in 2 weeks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I would say he needs to invest in a new alarm clock, but there is a second baby due in 2 weeks...

He needs to set an alarm that he can't turn off from his bed! As funny as it is I doubt the bosses are happy with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I'm sure every one of you have been late for work on numerous occasions. Give him a break

yea give him a break in fairness, he reminds me of the late gerry ryan, always late! jp is never late in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's very rare that he is actually late for the show. Not in as early as JP, but still early enough to start the show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Synode wrote: »
    I'm sure every one of you have been late for work on numerous occasions. Give him a break

If i was late for work i'd make a very concise effort to not be late a week later or two weeks later. I think being there for 6 is the least they can expect considering he doesnt come on until half 6, and for the money he's surely on as it is it's not too much to expect.

ray was in a very sneery mood this morning.....i have a funny feeling all is not well in 98...

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

jezzer wrote: »
    ray was in a very sneery mood this morning.....i have a funny feeling all is not well in 98...

Probably got a warning for showing up 30minutes late for his own show. You cant blame the station for getting pissed off with all the late arrivals and then laughing about it on air.

At least he baby shows up early :D

Contrats Ray

1252ray.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

He'll prob be off for 6 weeks now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

MrMac84 wrote: »
    He'll prob be off for 6 weeks now!

Probably will be off for a good while indeed. But its totally right that he should take a chunk of time off to spend time with his family. Congrats to Ray and his wife :)

98 will be fairly bare for the next while with both Foley and D&D gone! What happened when his first child was born - did JP do the show himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

When are Demot and Dave finished? I listen to them on the way to work and Foley on the way home. Dont tell me I'll lose them both at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    When are Demot and Dave finished? I listen to them on the way to work and Foley on the way home. Dont tell me I'll lose them both at the same time!

This is their last week so I'd imagine that tomorrow is their last day.

Ray still on this morning! It was another boy they had in case anyone was wondering.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Ray still on this morning! It was another boy they had in case anyone was wondering.

I can confirm that ray is on despite the best efforts of the 98fm apps plural not working.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I can confirm that ray is on despite the best efforts of the 98fm apps plural not working.

Tunein is working fine.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Tunein is working fine.

It's working superb but Id likke to listen using the app of the station.

its strange, when you look at all the hype and rebranding 98 have done and they go and loose dermot and dave and foley will be on an extended break! really they havent progressed at all, i could be completely wrong but i could see foley moving along in the not so distant future, i'm not sure early mornings agree with him....i'm not sure who will fill in for him over the next few weeks, when he is off jp rarely fills in on his own, he should as i think he is good enough but it looks like he doesnt have the confidence to carry the show on his own...

Probably will be off for a good while indeed. But its totally right that he should take a chunk of time off to spend time with his family. Congrats to Ray and his wife :)

98 will be fairly bare for the next while with both Foley and D&D gone! What happened when his first child was born - did JP do the show himself?

I think JP said that they were off next week when they were talking over each other the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Really missing the guys in the morning. Any idea when they'll be back?
    Even though it's only a 20minute drive for me - it makes all the difference. Any time I do tune in now made me notice how many times 98FM do repeat the same music again and again. Maybe when Ray was on, I didn't mind as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Why doesn't JP fill in for Ray? He would be well able to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

iseegirls wrote: »
    Really missing the guys in the morning. Any idea when they'll be back?
    Even though it's only a 20minute drive for me - it makes all the difference. Any time I do tune in now made me notice how many times 98FM do repeat the same music again and again. Maybe when Ray was on, I didn't mind as much.

I think I heard Claire say at the start of the week that they'll be back next Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Shammer16

tomred1 wrote: »
    Why doesn't JP fill in for Ray? He would be well able to do it.

He used to do it on Today FM when Foley was off.

i think jp only filled in for ray once on today fm and he didnt feel comfortable doing it which is a pity because he defo is good enough, him and deano would do a fine job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭elmoslats

New night time network podcast up this week

Advertisement