Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

When is Phil going to Today FM? Or has he already gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

When is Phil going to Today FM? Or has he already gone?

I believe they said mid-July when they made the announcement, so maybe we won't hear him on with the lads again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Foley back on Monday? Been listening to Eoin somebody-or-other on 2fm in the interim who is filling in for regular morning presenters. He's actually really good, could see him making his way up quickly

Eoghan McDermott. I quite like him too. 2FM could be such a good station if someone did a clear out and refocus a la Matthew Bannister at BBC Radio 1 in the 90s. What Dan Healy's done so far doesn't count seeing as he hasn't actually gotten rid of the problems, just moved them around.

Surprised Ray didn't take more time off tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

eoighan mcdormott, wasnt he with a station in london?

great to have the lads back this morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

jezzer wrote: »
    Eoghan McDermott, wasnt he with a station in london?

He presented the Drivetime show on XFM London for a few years and did a really good job. Listened to him a few times and he was brilliant so it's good to hear him back on the radio and to see 2FM giving actual radio talent a job rather than pushing annoying celebrities into the schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

smurfs5 wrote: »
    He presented the Drivetime show on XFM London for a few years and did a really good job. Listened to him a few times and he was brilliant so it's good to hear him back on the radio and to see 2FM giving actual radio talent a job rather than pushing annoying celebrities into the schedule.

If he was that brilliant howcome he was let go by XFM and why has it been 2.5 years since his last radio job? Just curious...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

reg114 wrote: »
    If he was that brilliant howcome he was let go by XFM and why has it been 2.5 years since his last radio job? Just curious...

Well his RAJARs were consistently good but the station decided to ditch a networked drive show and introduce a
    local one for Manchester and one for London. I suppose they wanted to reflect this with a new presenter.

Eoghan was linked with a move to Radio 1 but that never materialised and his age probably counted against him. It is surprising that he hasn't been on the radio in so long.

mcdermott seems reasonably talented but i think his attitude really lets him down and he comes across as a g*b****e a lot of the time especially on that nonsense the voice

great to have the lads back in the mornings, loved the sound lab this morning!! after all the rebranding, its the only good thing about 98 right now, i was listening to i radio when the lads were off, whilst not too bad it had a real regional radio feel to it, not sure what to listen to in the evenings now, i would like a show that mixes fun, conversation with top music, nothing out there really matches that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

mcdermott seems reasonably talented but i think his attitude really lets him down and he comes across as a g*b****e a lot of the time especially on that nonsense the voice

Have to disagree. Great attitude on the radio and doesn't take things too seriously, while still avoiding too much random babbling that it so prevalent with a lot of morning radio. Foleys former slot on today fm would be a perfect slot for him

well to be honest i only really ever seen him on tv and thats how he came across, although when he was on tg4 he was grand so maybe its just an act

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Fair play to the lads for the Garth Brooks tribute thing. Good idea, people are happy, they get good publicity, it's a win-win!

That's 2 big things now for 98 that the lads have come up with (the Best of Dublin Awards being the other) that I'm aware of anyway.

yea fair play to them, i thought it was a clever idea and great to see the proceeds going to temple street but this morning i got a hint that ticket sales arent going too well, im not a garth brooks fan but i would urge anyone who had bought a ticket to go along and support the lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

They've only just announced it properly and are promoting it heavily. I'll be surprised if they don't fill it

hopefully however time is against them and they really are counting on people buying as soon as they are refunded

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Love the Garth idea. They're getting great publicity out of it too. This is the kinda stuff I was talking about yonks back that gives people incentive to check out the show and get serious movement in the JNLRs. I hope it works out here...

Enjoyed the mix today :)

Bit of S Express on a Friday morning. Set you right up for the day

was jp a little tired and emotional this morning?!! loved how ray took the piss out of katy perry whilst having a little dig at 98, they will play the bottom off her new song!!! good man ray!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

was jp a little tired and emotional this morning?!! loved how ray took the piss out of katy perry whilst having a little dig at 98, they will play the bottom off her new song!!! good man ray!

It appears he was the only one who wasn't.

Didn't hear the end of the show but it was Phils last day today. I enjoyed what he brought to the show and he seemed a sound guy.

Didn't realise that, I'll miss him from the show for sure. He will be hard to replace.

Didn't realise that, I'll miss him from the show for sure. He will be hard to replace.

Well he said it on twitter today but he did say July.

any word on how the garth brooks experience went?

Sounds like it was a full house and was great craic

Who's the new Phil? Didn't hear this morning's show.

glad the temple street evening went well, no new phil yet, hopefully deano gets more air time

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

Synode wrote: »
    Sounds like it was a full house and was great craic

Was anyone on here at it? I did wonder how many tickets they sold, coz Ray was still pushing it on Friday morning, so they obviously weren't sold out then. Did they almost reach capacity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

There's a video on the Ray Foley Show twitter account that shows the crowd.

Advertisement