Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    They're calculating listeners based on 7-10 now if I'm reading the JNLR thread correctly. Previously they were basing it on 6-10.

So the lads were right in saying no one listens to the half six part.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So the lads were right in saying no one listens to the half six part.

I guess so. :P

I only listen to the podcast, so could those of you that listen live tell me are there any ads between 6-7? Like, from the podcast it seems that at 6:30 the news comes on, then Ray and JP sh*te on until 10 to, then a song, small link, song, early birds, song, news at 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I guess so. :P

I only listen to the podcast, so could those of you that listen live tell me are there any ads between 6-7? Like, from the podcast it seems that at 6:30 the news comes on, then Ray and JP sh*te on until 10 to, then a song, small link, song, early birds, song, news at 7.

I hear from roughly 6:30 to 7 and cant recall any commercials. Dont know about 6-6:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Do 98 get the figures for online listeners and listeners on the app cause I guarantee there are quite a number listening in from outside the Dublin area and since the ratings only take into account those who listen only in Dublin they aren't very accurate. There's always texters from all over the country getting in touch.

Have to say I love the lads and the NTN Podcast but I do miss some of the old craic they used to have, I wish there was more about them on the show and less of the standard breakfast bits' that everyone does. They'd get great value out of feedback these days with Kennedy & Dixon on the station! I found the old jingles on music4 dot com and made me reminisce!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

IUA14 wrote: »
    Do 98 get the figures for online listeners and listeners on the app

Yes, but they don't contribute separately to the JNLR figures. If they're high they will make sure to let advertisers know though. However, as a Dublin station its not very relevant to advertisers anyway.

• Advertisement

Fecking very smart aren't they. All three of them would love to live and be from cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭biketard

Anyone else having problems with the online stream today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

No problems with online for me anyway.

Did I miss something or was there no 7 Days today? :confused::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

No problems with online for me anyway.

Did I miss something or was there no 7 Days today? :confused::pac:

They definitely played it.

They definitely played it.

I must have completely zoned out of the radio so!! :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm pissed off with Phil, him leaving has meant they can't use the new bed until they get a new "sports guy", loved the new bed when they started using it! Also wish they left the lazy radio tunes in the podcast!

More soundlab stuff would be great too in a gauntlet style weekly challenge with Ray, JP and Deeno, JP's always has me in fits!

More than any feature, I wish 'Feedback' would return. I don't know if it's just me, but I notice so many gaffes and errors on radio these days and I just know JP could use it. And now they are on 98 I'm sure they can take the pïss even more!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

what a cringeworthy interview with miriam o callaghan this morning, ray was completely star struck!

I agreee, Feedback would be great to have back especially with Kennedy and Dixon on 98 these days they could completely take the miss! I still can't forget the one they did on the Newstalk interview back last year where there was dead air for agessssssss and they were talking about it with Paul Collins on the podcast...hilarious!

The interview...he was not starstruck at all...they have spent the last few years ripping the piss out of her so I'd say he was bricking it a bit but Ray's interviews are nowhere near as bad as people make out on here!

I'd love to hear that exchange the lads used to always play between Paul Collins and Phil Cawley again. There was words bleeped out and it sounded like the two were having a go at each other, I always nearly cried laughing at it, and so did Ray iirc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

sure everyone takes the piss out of miriam and the fact that she has 206 kids and seems to be on every program on rte...genuinely....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

I'd love to hear that exchange the lads used to always play between Paul Collins and Phil Cawley again. There was words bleeped out and it sounded like the two were having a go at each other, I always nearly cried laughing at it, and so did Ray iirc.

I loved the tony Fenton one where tony kept getting the letters of REM wrong;
    "And that was E R M
    M R E
    R M E
    M E R
    R E M

The best feedback moment I can remember was the one where Ian Dempsey thought that the town of tuam was some place in china and he then started saying tuam in a china accent.

Cue ray going supersonic laughing and losing his **** on air.:D:D:D

The best feedback moment I can remember was the one where Ian Dempsey thought that the town of tuam was some place in china and he then started saying tuam in a china accent.

Cue ray going supersonic laughing and losing his **** on air.:D:D:D

I don't know that one, but it sounds hilarious! Really wish they'd bring back Feedback!

Oh yeah there is a new permanent sports guy for the show. It's Derek Ryan him of aa road watch fame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

More than any feature, I wish 'Feedback' would return. I don't know if it's just me, but I notice so many gaffes and errors on radio these days and I just know JP could use it. And now they are on 98 I'm sure they can take the pïss even more!

I miss Feedback too.

Though I always got the impression that the death of that particular feature wasn't wholly their decision.

It warmed the cockles of my heart when listening to today's show that the bromance between ray darcy and foley is still going strong. Haha

It warmed the cockles of my heart when listening to today's show that the bromance between ray darcy and foley is still going strong. Haha

Only heard bits of the show today, what did he say? I always laugh when he slags other DJ's... except Dermot & Dave, I hate when he slags them off!

Only heard bits of the show today, what did he say? I always laugh when he slags other DJ's... except Dermot & Dave, I hate when he slags them off!

It was out of the half eight news and it was ray,JP, and Deeno talking about the rose of Tralee. And they were naming the hosts of the rose of Tralee. He did an impression of darcy and called him a misery guts.

Do you think there is genuine needle between him and D&D ?

It was out of the half eight news and it was ray,JP, and Deeno talking about the rose of Tralee. And they were naming the hosts of the rose of Tralee. He did an impression of darcy and called him a misery guts.

Do you think there is genuine needle between him and D&D ?

On the previous NTN Podcast he basically said D&D used to be a byword for shít radio. He wasn't happy they were taking his old slot but he was learning to let go as Today FM isn't the same place it was when he worked there.

I know it's hypocritical of me to hate when he slags D&D but love when he slags everyone else but it just strikes me as odd that he doesn't get on with them. Similar shows I would have thought and on paper you would think Ray & JP and D&D would get on like a house on fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I think it's just the business they're in. I was talking to an old colleague of mine not too long ago and he started talking about how the company we worked together in started going downhill after he left. Thing is, we were actually MORE profitable and successful after the fact (though neither scenario would've really been impacted by his departure, truth be told). It's just how people think naturally...anytime that suited them best is always going to be 'the good old days', but the present is going to be someone else's 'good old days' in years to come too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

On the previous NTN Podcast he basically said D&D used to be a byword for shít radio. He wasn't happy they were taking his old slot but he was learning to let go as Today FM isn't the same place it was when he worked there.

I know it's hypocritical of me to hate when he slags D&D but love when he slags everyone else but it just strikes me as odd that he doesn't get on with them. Similar shows I would have thought and on paper you would think Ray & JP and D&D would get on like a house on fire!

Ray's a real radio-head, he seems genuinely interested in it so has his own opinions. I don't see any reason why they should like each other really but it's a bit harsh if he thinks they are ****e considering his show is trailing in ratings, and there was a time when D&D had a massive listenership at breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Oh yeah there is a new permanent sports guy for the show. It's Derek Ryan him of aa road watch fame.

Richie McCormack would have been good for that sports slot. Funny guy with breakfast show experience

soc160 wrote: »
    Ray's a real radio-head, he seems genuinely interested in it so has his own opinions.

That's a good thing surely ? The fact he has a passion for the medium of radio. Which is fairness id say this radio forum would also have that passion to varying degrees.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Richie McCormack would have been good for that sports slot. Funny guy with breakfast show experience

But its not just that, it's a sports reader to cover the whole shift not just to pop in on the show.
    That's a good thing surely ? The fact he has a passion for the medium of radio. Which is fairness id say this radio forum would also have that passion to varying degrees.

I didn't say it wasn't a good thing.

Advertisement