Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

The 5000 euro money quiz really annoys me.

Mostly the people he has on are usually thick as custard and he ends up giving the answers bar 1.

Then you get some people who are quite smart but slip up on a few questions. They get no help whatsoever. It's really the most stupid quiz I've ever heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

swingking wrote: »
    The 5000 euro money quiz really annoys me.

Mostly the people he has on are usually thick as custard and he ends up giving the answers bar 1.

Then you get some people who are quite smart but slip up on a few questions. They get no help whatsoever. It's really the most stupid quiz I've ever heard

Big difference between helping someone to an extra 20 euro and 5000 euro in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Big difference between helping someone to an extra 20 euro and 5000 euro in fairness.

In legal terms, determining the difference between a lottery (which needs a licence) and a test of skill (which doesn't) its irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ray even said it this morning, he doesn't start giving hints until they get something wrong, then he just wants them to win as much as possible. I find it funny when they're really trying to give someone an answer and they just don't get it. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Ray even said it this morning, he doesn't start giving hints until they get something wrong, then he just wants them to win as much as possible. I find it funny when they're really trying to give someone an answer and they just don't get it. :o

Like when he told a girl the other morning the answer starts with an 'a' and finishes with an 'rmagh' and she answered 'Antrim':pac: You couldn't make it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Is 98TV a thing of the past?

Last few times I've tried watching the show it's just been a black screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Is 98TV a thing of the past?

Last few times I've tried watching the show it's just been a black screen.

Yeah it's been that way for a while.

The 98fm news team won an award again last night. That team includes Deeno so well done to the team and her.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Foley won Bronze in Music Presenter of the Year and also Bronze in Entertainment Inserts. 98FM got a Bronze in Music Station of the Year too.

Been listening to old podcasts lately and wish they would bring back a few old features like Newsbusters and Outro's aswell as the Gauntlet and Feedback! I think they've been away for long enough that they would be fresh enough coming back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

They seem to be getting swamped with competitions every time I switch on. Albeit it's 8-9 every morning

Lost my **** with Foley's comments to Muireann about her doctor ex. "Did he put his stethoscope in your mouth?" hahaha!

IUA14 wrote: »
    Lost my **** with Foley's comments to Muireann about her doctor ex. "Did he put his stethoscope in your mouth?" hahaha!

Yeah that was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

In the latest NTN Podcast Ray explains why a lot of the old features won't be coming back. Feedback because JP doesn't listen to radio, there's more to it than that obviously but that's the gist. The Gauntlet might make a comeback but it won't be the same without Ann (that's my opinion, not ray's).

Friday's show was excellent. Best craic in a while. In relation to Ray's response to a podcast email in the NTN, I'd love if they brought back Feedback and just got listeners to do the leg-work for them and send in the time and shows they heard the stuff on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Friday's show was excellent. Best craic in a while. In relation to Ray's response to a podcast email in the NTN, I'd love if they brought back Feedback and just got listeners to do the leg-work for them and send in the time and shows they heard the stuff on.

And encourage people too listen too stations other then 98??

Right ...........

I can see that going down well with boss's

He usually did 3 bits a week in Feedback and I'm sure with Kennedy, Quilty, Muireann they would have enough clips from their 5 shows a week to do it if they wanted to stay with 98 shows. On TodayFM they did Newstalk, FM104, RTE etc. and besides, they mention them enough times on air regardless...it is a fact people don't JUST listen to 98 and nobody is naive enough to think that so why would they be against people taking the piss out of the other stations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

I normally switch off during the Obligatory Kids' bit, but gotta love their renditions of the TMNT theme!

Niles wrote: »
    I normally switch off during the Obligatory Kids' bit, but gotta love their renditions of the TMNT theme!

It annoys me that they say 'calabunga' when it's 'cowanbunga'. I almost emailed in to correct them but I didn't think it would go down well if at all … he's so touchy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

FunLover18 wrote: »
    … he's so touchy

Says the person getting annoyed about a ninja turtle saying :pac:

• Advertisement

Synode wrote: »
    Says the person getting annoyed about a ninja turtle saying :pac:

It's not being touchy when you're right :D

Lads off next week :-(

Lads off next week :-(

Balls anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Ah well if it keeps Claire Solan busy...

• Registered Users Posts: 33 corcaigh_abu

Has Deano's schedule changed whereby she's not on every morning. Seems like she' sbeen missing at least once a week recently but I can't really tell as I listen to the podcast. Would seem like a strange move considering she's explicitly involved in the show. Also was anyone else at the Love/Hate night, would be interested to see what you thought of it?

Has Deano's schedule changed whereby she's not on every morning. Seems like she' sbeen missing at least once a week recently but I can't really tell as I listen to the podcast. Would seem like a strange move considering she's explicitly involved in the show. Also was anyone else at the Love/Hate night, would be interested to see what you thought of it?

I could be wrong but I've noticed Deeno's hasn't in the previous two Thursdays (not sure about this week) as Nordy has been ladies captain on Seven Days. I find it a bit odd that Ray doesn't have any repertoire with any of the other newsreaders but like you I only get the podcasts so maybe they edit it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭biketard

Is anyone else having problems with "Listen Back"? When I try to listen to Ray's show, it's like the radio's not tuned in right and is mostly interference/white noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

They weren't on this morning. Thought they were due back?

So did I, I guess its a 2 week break? Hopefully they come back in good form with some new stuff for the show though. I hope he brings back the new beds aswell despite not having Phil as the sports guy.

I've been listening back to old podcasts the last week, 98's site has all their old show podcasts since 2011 on the site which is great!

• Advertisement

He said on Twitter another week off!

Advertisement