Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'm wondering if Today FM would consider moving Dempsey to the 9-12 slot (or even 10-12) and bring Foley in as the new long term breakfast show. I think Dempsey recently signed a new deal with Today FM so he isn't going anywhere any time soon meaning Foley is stuck at 98FM for another few years. Not sure how long he will be willing to sit around and wait his turn. I doubt he was expecting the 98 stint to last very long.

Great idea and they could have phil do the sport and get Deeno to do the news as she is in the same building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Omg it would be awesome to have the team back together. I miss Phil :(

Really can't see Ian Dempsey being moved though. And imagine if he did move but Paul Collins stayed on breakfast, the horror!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jesus, Ray got a bit snippy during Gossip Boys this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Jesus, Ray got a bit snippy during Gossip Boys this morning...

Missed the show this morning, fill me in?

Brendão wrote: »
    Missed the show this morning, fill me in?

Well my recollection is he was giving smart responses to the items.

• Advertisement

Happy Christmas to all who sail on the goodship foley.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

foley.png

The security features in 98fm are good it appears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Finished my old job on Tuesday so I'll no longer be listening to them :( Always enjoyed Ray and JP, was delighted when they started the Breakfast show. Hopefully they end up back at Today FM soon, too good just for regional radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

LeeJM wrote: »
    Finished my old job on Tuesday so I'll no longer be listening to them :( Always enjoyed Ray and JP, was delighted when they started the Breakfast show. Hopefully they end up back at Today FM soon, too good just for regional radio

Ray's made it clear he has no ambition to go back to Today FM at this stage, not in the near future anyway. You cans get the podcast, they always have it up shortly after the show and it's basically all the links, no ad's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

soc160 wrote: »
    Ray's made it clear he has no ambition to go back to Today FM at this stage, not in the near future anyway. You cans get the podcast, they always have it up shortly after the show and it's basically all the links, no ad's.

To be fair, he always used to rip the piss out of 98 and local radio in general when he was on Today FM. Never rule anything out where money and a bigger potential audience is concerned...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The security features in 98fm are good it appears.

What was this about?

FunLover18 wrote: »
    What was this about?

They had to restart a computer in the studio last week and apparently the password to log on isn't very cryptic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

They had to restart a computer in the studio last week and apparently the password to log on isn't very cryptic.

Let me guess "98fm"

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Let me guess "98fm"

Remove the fm part and apparently you're spot on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Remove the fm part and apparently you're spot on.

Could you believe them though?

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Could you believe them though?

That's why I said apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    To be fair, he always used to rip the piss out of 98 and local radio in general when he was on Today FM. Never rule anything out where money and a bigger potential audience is concerned...

Possibly, but you listen to his NTN podcast and he is not taking the piss out of Today FM, he's being critical of the management right down to the on air staff and thinks it's standards have slipped since he was there. Not many of the people he worked with are there anymore too. He ceratianly wont be taking Ray Darcys slot and I just can't see him being the man for breakfast there as much as he'd like it...

soc160 wrote: »
    Possibly, but you listen to his NTN podcast and he is not taking the piss out of Today FM, he's being critical of the management right down to the on air staff and thinks it's standards have slipped since he was there. Not many of the people he worked with are there anymore too. He ceratianly wont be taking Ray Darcys slot and I just can't see him being the man for breakfast there as much as he'd like it...

I'd say he wishes he wasn't at 98 tbh. Pretty poor overall. If Ray wasn't on 98 then you'd have to say the station is a shambles. Would say he's embarassed to work on the station that had that terrible segment on Dublin Talks recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Gits_bone wrote: »
    I'd say he wishes he wasn't at 98 tbh. Pretty poor overall. If Ray wasn't on 98 then you'd have to say the station is a shambles. Would say he's embarassed to work on the station that had that terrible segment on Dublin Talks recently.

What terrible segment was that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Well Anton Savage has Darcy's slot so that's the end of the speculation for now! And I don't agree with the '98FM is awful' thing at all! Foley is solid in the morning, Dublin Talks is what it is and will bring in listeners, Barry Dunne is grand and Dara Quilty is brilliant in my opinion!

Also have been noticing that Adelle is much more involved on the show these days. She used to just about make it into work in time for the Top 5 on Mondays but everyday this week she has been in and on with the lads at some stage before 7:30! More of that I say...and put Deeno in the same bloody studio!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

IUA14 wrote: »
    Also have been noticing that Adelle is much more involved on the show these days. She used to just about make it into work in time for the Top 5 on Mondays but everyday this week she has been in and on with the lads at some stage before 7:30! More of that I say...and put Deeno in the same bloody studio!!!!

It's nearly like the old days, isn't it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

Is it just me, or is there no podcast uploaded for yesterday's (Wednesday's) show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Is it just me, or is there no podcast uploaded for yesterday's (Wednesday's) show?
    Its up on soundcloud, don't know about itunes though.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    What terrible segment was that?

Just listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Is he ever planning on bringing Derek Ryan the sports guy in to the show like Phil used to. I remember when Phil took over from Adrian Barry at the start, it took them a while to involve him too

Doesn't look likely. It took a little bit of time for them to involve Phil but not this long so I reckon Derek Ryan won't be joining. I'm loving that Adelle seems to be more involved in the show...if they got Deeno in studio I think they would have some craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Have to give props to Ray, JP and Adelle for their act of kindness this morning! If you didn't hear it, the jist of it was a girl called Grainne rang in for the Foley's €5000 Free Money Minute (I think it's called! :pac:) said she needed the money to pay for car repairs totalling €500, and she hadn't a penny to her name. She was good craic and the lads liked her straight away, but she got one question wrong so they helped her with hints for two other questions. In the end she got €180 but Ray called Adelle into studio and asked her to stretch it to €500 and they did! Was a nice gesture I thought especially as all week they were promoting that 'Powering Kindess' thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Brendão wrote: »
    Have to give props to Ray, JP and Adelle for their act of kindness this morning! If you didn't hear it, the jist of it was a girl called Grainne rang in for the Foley's €5000 Free Money Minute (I think it's called! :pac:) said she needed the money to pay for car repairs totalling €500, and she hadn't a penny to her name. She was good craic and the lads liked her straight away, but she got one question wrong so they helped her with hints for two other questions. In the end she got €180 but Ray called Adelle into studio and asked her to stretch it to €500 and they did! Was a nice gesture I thought especially as all week they were promoting that 'Powering Kindess' thing.

Great bunch of lads

Advertisement