Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

It was really nice of them all right :)

I'm enjoying Adelle having more of an input into the show. It has livened it up a bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Great bunch of lads

Why? Did Ray chip in with the 320 himself? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Why? Did Ray chip in with the 320 himself? ;)

Unrelated, but I just remembered that I won €4 of Ray's own money on one of his last shows on Today FM. That was a good day. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Anyone have the link to their Spotify Playlist for first songs from the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,900 ✭✭✭✭Basq

IUA14 wrote: »
    Anyone have the link to their Spotify Playlist for first songs from the show?
    I listened to it a few weeks ago, but can't find it now strangely..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don't know about anyone else but I'm ****ing loving the show( we don't do that anymore) more than I have in a while. I've always loved the show but this week I'm loving the dynamic of Ray, JP, Adelle. and deeno.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I don't know about anyone else but I'm ****ing loving the show( we don't do that anymore) more than I have in a while. I've always loved the show but this week I'm loving the dynamic of Ray, JP, Adelle. and deeno.

Me too, they've really hit fantastic form the last few weeks. Find myself listening far more regularly while getting ready for work and have at least 2 laugh out loud moments to myself every morning.

I agree, the dynamic with Ray, JP Adelle and Deeno is great and I love the 7.30 bit of the show now when they all have a chat.

Good news for 98FM and Foley today in the JNLR's

Radio Today.ie: "However the most significant change at local level has been the growth year-on-year of 98FM, which saw a 29% growth, jumping from 85,000 at the end of 2013 to 110,000 in this book."

Anyone know how to find out about individual shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

Good news for 98FM and Foley today in the JNLR's

Radio Today.ie: "However the most significant change at local level has been the growth year-on-year of 98FM, which saw a 29% growth, jumping from 85,000 at the end of 2013 to 110,000 in this book."

Anyone know how to find out about individual shows?

Just for 98?

• Advertisement

Yeah I was just curious how Foley and Quilty did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

OK - this is the best I can do for you!

I can give you the programme time blocks, as surveyed, in 2013 and 2014 all Q4

They don't really correspond with each other due to schedule changes - and certainly not to the current schedule.

C

Apparently they are up which is good and Ray and his listenership will continue to grow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Apparently they are up which is good and Ray and his listenership will continue to grow.

Good news about the show, haavent been able to hear much of it lately but sounds good that Adele is there too. Kinda like old times.

As for the fat joke. Getting up at stupid o clock in the morning would take its toll on anyone. Must be tough long term with 2 kids too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

98fm is toxic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭CarlowPerth

Gits_bone wrote: »
    98fm is toxic though.

I think if anyone highlights that its Ray ha!

Have to say i love the radio they make. I listen to the podcasts the following day as I live in Oz. The never fail the make me laugh out loud.

Yeah its good news they are up. Was anyone else a little disappointed that he has matured a little and didn't do a whole show about how great they are? I miss the days when he was cocky as hell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I'd say he was either told to reign it in or realised he has to in order to eventually get a national breakfast show. Everyone that hates Foley (and I know a lot of people who do), always say he was too cocky. I loved it though. It was part of his persona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Yeah its good news they are up. Was anyone else a little disappointed that he has matured a little and didn't do a whole show about how great they are? I miss the days when he was cocky as hell!

I prefer when he does the smug bit. Like "heh JP, see the ratings, were up AGAIN, no biggie, just saying" etc etc you know it'll get on people's nerves but funny as hell!

Yeah I agree. That was part of what made the show great, getting on peoples nerves was funny.

• Advertisement

Brillaint Story about JP being what seems to be him at clare solan's going Away party.

The lads are off tomorrow. Damn it😳 what will I listen to on podcast ?

Damien McCaul is covering for the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Booo. No Foley Friday Mix to listen to on my drive home this evening. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

aw i remember fridays when he was on today fm and he used to play theme tunes at the start was brilliant. Miss hearing the guy cant imagine I can get the radio station outside of dublin although I have tried :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

lovinit wrote: »
    aw i remember fridays when he was on today fm and he used to play theme tunes at the start was brilliant. Miss hearing the guy cant imagine I can get the radio station outside of dublin although I have tried :(

Have you tried online or via the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

lovinit wrote: »

For you :)

Aw foley used to play that alot!

Everytime at xmas i hear dont forget the ham mam and i think of this show as he used to sing it!

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Have you tried online or via the app?

I didnt know they had an app must try downloading it thanks , there is no one like these guys..dave o connor came close but upped and went to america!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

Surely I can't be the only one who hated that **** with the theme tunes?

Advertisement