Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Surely I can't be the only one who hated that **** with the theme tunes?

Think you are pal!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Some of the theme tunes became repetitive tbh...

But I could never, ever tire of the lads singing Gummi Bears really enthusiastically. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I remembered I always lost my freaking mind whenever the Pokemon theme came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've been kinda dipping in and out of the show via the podcast. Felt it becoming quite stale but listened to 4 shows this past week and really enjoy Adelle having more input. All bounce off each other quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

LOL at the article about him in the Independent today. He looks like Monica from friends when she used to wear the fat suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

BaZmO* wrote: »
    LOL at the article about him in the Independent today. He looks like Monica from friends when she used to wear the fat suit.

S'it up online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Ah Ray doesn't look that bad with the extra weight. He just needs to get into a proper routine and he'll lose it no bother.

Damien McCaul on this morning too. I didn't stick around long enough to hear if he was on for the week, but I'm guessing so.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    S'it up online?

Yep

HF%20%20DSC%207361a.jpg

HF%20%20DSC%207129a.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Is that really him now?

Looks unrecognisable from when he was on Take Me Out.

Someone must be fattening him up.

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Is that really him now?

Looks unrecognisable from when he was on Take Me Out.

Someone must be fattening him up.

Yeah, 2 kids and a desk job can do that to you!

I think he was big when he started on Today FM, and he lost a load of weight for the TV work.

I know it's a bit gossipy posting the pics of him but I was just surprised to see how big he had gotten. I initially thought it was a joke.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Yeah, 2 kids and a desk job can do that to you!

I think he was big when he started on Today FM, and he lost a load of weight for the TV work.

I know it's a bit gossipy posting the pics of him but I was just surprised to see how big he had gotten. I initially thought it was a joke.

Who made him pose for the pic standing sideways? It seems like it's a pisstake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I always find when I have to start work early, I eat like a pig during the day. It's always bad eating too, like you're trying to get energy from sugary things. I only ever have to do short bursts of early starts. I'd hate to have to do it all the time like the lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Who made him pose for the pic standing sideways? It seems like it's a pisstake.
    I think it's meant to be a kind of "before" picture going by the article.

Synode wrote: »
    I always find when I have to start work early, I eat like a pig during the day. It's always bad eating too, like you're trying to get energy from sugary things. I only ever have to do short bursts of early starts. I'd hate to have to do it all the time like the lads

Ah well, their day is still as long (or shorter) than everyone elses.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Damien McCaul has been very poor this week, he lacks charisma and he really seems disinterested in what he's doing. Looking forward to having the usual lads back next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That was a long week and thank god the lads are back next week.

Thank jaysus I'm listening to the lads again. Welcome back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

He got so pissed off earlier when the phone line wouldn't work for Adrian kennedy. Made it obvious on air too, fair play to him

That new text number is stupid what was wrong with the 53981 one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

I don't see anything wrong with Ray . :(

I still would :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That new text number is stupid what was wrong with the 53981 one ?

The 53981 number is a premium text number (20cent) per text while the 087 number Is free if you have text bundles or whatsapp, making it cheaper for people to text in.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

This morning Foley discussed it at the top of the show and fair play to him for doing it and acting as a case study for the nutrition thing the Herald are doing. He said he wants to shift the weight and look his best again so good luck to him.

Anyways, loving the show this week, especially the kinda podcastey bit at the start! Off to the Sugarclub on Friday to see the lads live!

IUA14 wrote: »
    Anyways, loving the show this week, especially the kinda podcastey bit at the start! Off to the Sugarclub on Friday to see the lads live!

Enjoy! I was at the Naked Breakfast last November, it's brilliant to see the show live.

I'd say your one who got 9/9 then the last answer wrong for €5,000 is sick.

Question:
    What colour is the f in the facebook logo

Answer:
    white

And now another dude with 9/9 then the last question:-

Question:
    What's the green pigment in plants called:

Answer:
    chlorofill

Jesus this is carnage, another 9/9 and the last wrong.
    Question: What city is the film Trainspotting set in:

Answer:
    Edinburgh

Synode wrote: »
    I'd say your one who got 9/9 then the last answer wrong for €5,000 is sick.

Question:
    What colour is the f in the facebook logo

Answer:
    white

How did she come up with
    Orange
    for the answer for that!

Loughc wrote: »
    How did she come up with
    Orange
    for the answer for that!

Yeh I broke my heart laughing at that, even though I was shouting
    blue
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Favourites so far: 33 divided by 3 is 10 and Walter White was in Ear to the Ground. :D

• Advertisement

Favourites so far: 33 divided by 3 is 10 and Walter White was in Ear to the Ground. :D

Another one, what's 29+12, reply oh I wouldn't be good at maths now... and then his answer was 33... no I mean 43... Ray goes 41, yer man goes bollix.

Advertisement