Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Eh Yeah Ok should have been retired ages ago, they're just going through the motions with it and the callers they have on are no craic at all. A far cry from their Today FM days when they'd get people from all over Ireland and had the freedom to stretch it out and have fun with it.

Bring back Doggy Death Notices!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

stannis wrote: »

Bring back Doggy Death Notices!

Yes lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

He just had a bítch about Darcy making an official complaint against his show for poaching guests. He brought it up because Darcy poached Glen Hansard for his show during the week from 2FM

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Podcasts have been a bit of a mess this week. None up for today, Monday or Wednesday. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Heard some bit with a kid on this morning about 8:40

It was possibly the worst, most contrived bit of "funny" radio I've had to suffer through ever - and I've heard plenty of John Murray's intro monologues. Unfortunately I didn't feel I could get away with ordering a cafe to change station.

• Advertisement

Obligatory kids bit? Hate it myself but I think they're forced to do it as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Podcasts have been a bit of a mess this week. None up for today, Monday or Wednesday. :(

Not just me then. Was off today so listened but missed a bit of it. This front pages bit is stupid as its in the full podcast aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭biketard

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Not just me then. Was off today so listened but missed a bit of it. This front pages bit is stupid as its in the full podcast aswell.

"Listen Back" seems to be buggered too. Haven't seen anything on there for the past fortnight (or is it just me?)

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Anyone else think Newsbusters should return? Always loved that and it would fit perfectly in the early morning post-newspapers slot.

Also the podcasts or lack of podcasts is annoying. None up for last Wednesday, Friday and then today's is missing 6:30 to 7:30...and Listen Back on the 98FM site is horrific, hardly ever is updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

IUA14 wrote: »
    Anyone else think Newsbusters should return? Always loved that and it would fit perfectly in the early morning post-newspapers slot.

Also the podcasts or lack of podcasts is annoying. None up for last Wednesday, Friday and then today's is missing 6:30 to 7:30...and Listen Back on the 98FM site is horrific, hardly ever is updated.

At least for the jingle!!

• Advertisement

Anyone catch the start of the show or podcast this morning? Couldn't contain myself listening at my desk...best quiz-bit ever...Ray's unreasonable anger always hilarious!

Damn right being from cork is a badge of honour.

Anyone catch the start of the show or podcast this morning? Couldn't contain myself listening at my desk...best quiz-bit ever...Ray's unreasonable anger always hilarious!

Listening back to it there. Very very funny. I'm also intrigued about JPs "friend" Claire though. There is mileage there for ray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Aye, JP was a bit coy when Ray talked about the best looking singleton's article too :P

Is Nordy Eoghan gone from the show? I never usually hear Thursdays shows, but heard a bit of todays and Muireann O'Connell was on. Looked at the podcasts then, and saw that recent movie reviews have been done by her too. I'm probably six months behind on this news if it's true haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Is Nordy Eoghan gone from the show? I never usually hear Thursdays shows, but heard a bit of todays and Muireann O'Connell was on. Looked at the podcasts then, and saw that recent movie reviews have been done by her too. I'm probably six months behind on this news if it's true haha.

He was in last week.

The lack of Listen Back shows is killing me (not just the Ray Foley show either--it's all of them)! I can't listen live at work, but I CAN do Listen Back, so I just listen a day later--no probs.

But they haven't had any Listen Back shows for almost three weeks now and the podcasts only last about an hour.

Arghhhh!!!!

I know, its crap! I'm the same, and especially the days that the podcast hasn't gone up I have tried to get the show on Listen Back but no joy!

Send him a tweet or a facebook post telling him to get the finger out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Synode wrote: »
    Send him a tweet or a facebook post telling him to get the finger out

That'll go down well! :P

I sent 98FM an email through the website and the got back to me with

"Our Technical Team are working on resolving this and we hope to have the Listen Back facility back working next week."

• Advertisement

Does anyone remember when Phil did voice over on an ad for a shop selling laptops etc? Just wondering if it was Harvey Norman? I hear an ad for Harvey Norman when listening to Dermot and Dave earlier and pretty sure Ray was doing the VO. Someone in HN marketing dept must be a fan of the show 😛 or else just a coincidence

Yeah it was Harvey Norman. Listening to the bit with ray, JP, and Adelle from Wednesday and the story about the woman and the tree. So funny. So happy Adelle is more involved in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Just coming home from work there about 8.30 and had 98fm on. The dj, muireann O'Connell I think, said that JP was still hanging around the building. Man puts serious work in, not the first time I've heard his name mentioned for being in late!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Oooh he must have been in the sound lab.

Oh hope it is something to do with the sound lab! JP does a serious amount of work for the show. I'd say the difference would be fairly noticeable if he took a few weeks off and everything was left to Ray.

98FM Listen Back finally back working...well at least for Foley and Quilty's shows!

They're on a mad one with the April Fools stuff today. I was shouting at the radio for just a minute quiz.

Also, yesterdays skit of the song by McCartney, Kanye & Rhianna was funny

98FM Listen Back finally back working...well at least for Foley and Quilty's shows!

Listening now. So happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 EI209

Hi all,

First post on Boards here.

Was wondering if antine had old Ray Foley Show podcasts from back in the day on Today FM. Particularly ones with Gauntlets and the last ever Today FM show.

If anybody dies and would be willing to send me them I'd be happy to PM young Email address for you to send them to me.

Having done a quick search somebody on this thread said they'd some before and would put them in Dropbox. Don't know if they did or not but I couldn't see that they'd put a link to them and did a search on Dropbox and couldn't find them.

Really appreciate any help and still miss the old show!

Thanks again.

• Advertisement

All podcasts as far back as 2011 are up on the 98FM website under The Ray Foley Show podcasts tab...just go to the very last page of them and enjoy!

Advertisement